Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Well that’s a wrap at the coal face for me this week! Too tired for a drink, so will have one at lunchtime tomorrow instead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Football time. Even that has feckin covid crap news attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Not much sleep was had last night. Just trying to ...stay ....awakezzzzzzzzzside

cute-sleepy-pug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Drowsy on the bed but thinking of getting up for tea, and trying to fight my dislike of winter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the couch chilling after errands achey but fine..

Pshpshpshpshpshpshpsh Here sephy sephy!! Pshpshpshpshpshpshpsh

528691.jpg

Friends again?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

BuileBeag I cannot reply to you ahem :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    BuileBeag I cannot reply to you ahem :p

Oops! Freed up some space!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pshpshpshpshpshpshpsh Here sephy sephy!! Pshpshpshpshpshpshpsh

528691.jpg

Friends again?!

tenor.gif

I accept

😸😸😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll take it so

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    A plate ??

At this point Seph should have a conveyor belt laden with full plates for every one here , it's only right :pac:

Actually mam it's the other way round I have conveyor belts going into all of yer kitchens 😝🤣🤣

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'll take it so

:P

I was just about to pass it to you and then be changed his reply!

Abusing mod powers & undoing his edit is allowed when chocolate is concerned.

It is in Term 2.7 (a).

:D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Abusing mod powers & undoing his edit is allowed when chocolate is concerned.

It is in Term 2.7 (a).

:D

Listen ted you got the woman.......now leave my chocolate alone ya big meany!

:pac:

Got home from work at 7pm, glass of wine poured immediately as it was a very stressful day, tears fell from being upset rather than temper...some people are just unbelievable.
    Getting my hair done tomorrow and I cannot wait, it's great to have something to look forward to, no work until Monday and I'm going to treat myself as much as possible between now and then because why not.

Tedo I've a little something to slide your way ,its obvious BB has bribed the other fella with her offerings...brace yourself Tedo.😂

• Advertisement

Woohooo,

It is Ted 's lucky day

Its all about football tonight. Extra time on the way! I've fed the cat and sent her to bed. I've sent them all to bed and warned them a grunt or loud cheer could follow. If it goes to penos, I don't know what will happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I am also watching daz fussball while listening to the Michael Schenker Group. Sehr Gut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I am also watching daz fussball while listening to the Michael Schenker Group. Sehr Gut!
    Wer ist Michael Schenker Group?

Sardicat has hungry pussies and needs to feed them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How is everyone?

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    How is everyone?

I'm very quiet and thinking of bed after the football. Our third penalty shoot out in international football and still not passed 1990. Tis slipping away from us. Ah Well.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

kowloon wrote: »
    How is everyone?

Alive, everything else is negotiable ;)

Just tired and counting the days to my time off. How are you?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Ya. Das fussbal nicht gut!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

thomil wrote: »
    Alive, everything else is negotiable ;)

Just tired and counting the days to my time off. How are you?

Day 967 of Covid and being stuck indoors, may have lost track of the days and whether it's night or day.

Bedside a bit restless , might read for a bit

tears fell from being upset rather than temper...some people are just unbelievable.

hugs for you

BlandPracticalChital-size_restricted.gif

Tedo I've a little something to slide your way ,its obvious BB has bribed the other fella with her offerings...brace yourself Tedo.��

tumblr_mr715rtcKU1sr1ki0o1_500.gifv

That's a lot of letters Smurf.
    But like reading a foreign language.

Someone else walking the dog this morning, so I can take my time getting ready for work, busy day ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside with coffee, it’s Friday :)

Not before time too, some of my colleagues make me understand why organisations like the Royal Navy held on to flogging for so long!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work living through the suspended animation that is life at present. Yawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Psych appointment and weekly shop done.. Relax on couch with tea then work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

thomil wrote: »
    some of my colleagues make me understand why organisations like the Royal Navy held on to flogging for so long!

Ah that's one of the aspects of office life that I certainly don't miss since I've been working from home this past six months, lovely people in their own right but my god they'd try your patience at times but I suppose that's people in life in general not just in an office setting :)

• Advertisement

Beer and wine chilling. Thin slices of beef soaking in a marinade of cornflour, water and sesame oil for tonight's soakage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New book to tuck into.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

In work, just counting the hour I've left before I can feck off home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

New book to tuck into.

Whatcha reading?

eviltwin wrote: »
    In work, just counting the hour I've left before I can feck off home.

Counting the minutes down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom sipping a Friday eve beer. Mad journey home thanks to poxy checkpoints galore.
    John Lennon would have been 80 today apparently so loads of radio channels playing Beatles music which was fine by me, helped pass the journey a bit better. One channel was playing "Nobody told me there'd be days like these" which seemed perfectly apt given the fact that every Guard in the country seemed to be out in force to make a journey home from work take double the time it should.
    It has been same every morning and every evening last few days.
    You'd wonder what the point of this is. It became common knowledge that we had moved to level-3 and Guards don't have actual legal power to turn anyone back SO the bizarre Gardai response has been massive checkpoints at rush hour which has been resulting in huge delays and major inconvenience for people trying to just get to and from work. Even though if they did somehow catch someone heading off on an inter-county bingo trip at 7am and queuing for ages for the privilege of getting to said bingo hall early, the guards couldn't do a thing to them anyway, not stop them nor fine them nor turn them back nor confiscate their bingo card.
    So what is the point of this aside from making everyone late for work?
    Like, yeah grand do a few checkpoints outside of rush hour but jesus messing with people's attempts to get to work on time isn't fair and flies in the face of this 'in this together' crap.

Aside from all that, I like the sound of Grandeod's cooking. Initially I misread his post and could have sworn he was about to soak thin strips of beef in cornflakes but unfortunately, upon second reading it was cornflour. Boo!!

Someone in work was saying his son is training to be a primary teacher and got asked to do some awful funny things as part of his training. One was to make something involving milk bottle tops, another was to make a paper aeroplane.
    Sounds fookin miles more exciting than my job. Mind, he'd wanna be careful not to throw the paper aeroplane too far, in case it lands outside the green zone!
    Strange days indeed! Happy Friday everyone here, and happy birthday John Lennon! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having a gin and tonic, in a hotel, indoors! Burger and chips on the way
    Had a lovely day off today, bought some art using vouchers my very generous family and friends gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Take away delivery on the way, beers chilling in the fridge, coal fire blazing, love me Friday evenings.

GoneHome wrote: »
    Take away delivery on the way, beers chilling in the fridge, coal fire blazing, love me Friday evenings.

Now yer talking!! :cool:

I'll be there in 10 minutes. Actually, make it 20 coz ya know I keep getting stopped! :pac:

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone here, and happy birthday John Lennon! :)

He would have made such an excellent codger; cantankerous, disgraceful and sh1t stirring, aggravating, annoying, lovable and beautiful all at once.

Happy Birthday Johnny Boy!

Off to play 'Wheels', my favourite Lennon solo artist offering, lest I lose sight if myself while I fry Grumpy some eggs for his dinner.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He would have made such an excellent codger; cantankerous, disgraceful and sh1t stirring, aggravating, annoying, lovable and beautiful all at once.

Happy Birthday Johnny Boy!

Off to play 'Wheels', my favourite Lennon solo artist offering, lest I lose sight if myself while I fry Grumpy some eggs for his dinner.

ha yeah, lovely description. I suppose genius in itself is kinda boring anyway, a grumpy somewhat self destructive, flawed genius is far more interesting imo. :)

Enjoy yer tunes and ya should teach that fella how to use the auld pan himself :p:D

@New Red
    Grumpy will be 89 on Monday and unfortunately his days of learning new things are gone. I don't mind cooking, it's one of the few domestic chores I actually quite enjoy, not that frying eggs requires much effort.
    Mr. Sardi, I'm relieved to report, is not almost 90 and he's well able to fend for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Now yer talking!! :cool:

I'll be there in 10 minutes. Actually, make it 20 coz ya know I keep getting stopped! :pac:

What are the guards asking . Are they turning people around ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Traffic slowed but not stopped on the M4 westbound at Lucan to Celbridge exit this evening. Just annoying to be held up at the commute time.

Travelled to Dublin for a medical appointment after lunch and no check points.

Honestly having checkpoints at commuter times doesn't get the public on side, I can't see why it's done.. They seem to be in exactly the wrong places..

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    @New Red
    Grumpy will be 89 on Monday and unfortunately his days of learning new things are gone. I don't mind cooking, it's one of the few domestic chores I actually quite enjoy, not that frying eggs requires much effort.
    Mr. Sardi, I'm relieved to report, is not almost 90 and he's well able to fend for himself.

:o Oh dear Lord, my sincere apologies Sardonicat, I lazily assumed when you said cooking food for grumpy that you meant yer husband or partner or whatever.
    God sorry, It never occurred to me that it would be for an elderly, sorry!
    Obviously I wouldn't have said that if I had known, my apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

*peeks in, Sephers style*

I've been quiet lately because everything is just so meh. The most exciting thing to happen in weeks was a takeaway delivery driver knocked at my door because he got the address mixed up. It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this stage!

I hope you're all keeping well.

:o Oh dear Lord, my sincere apologies Sardonicat, I lazily assumed when you said cooking food for grumpy that you meant yer husband or partner or whatever.
    God sorry, It never occurred to me that it would be for an elderly, sorry!
    Obviously I wouldn't have said that if I had known, my apologies.
    Hey, no worries. No offence taken and no need to apologise at all. Sure, you weren't to know.:D

*peeks in, Sephers style*

I've been quiet lately because everything is just so meh. The most exciting thing to happen in weeks was a takeaway delivery driver knocked at my door because he got the address mixed up. It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this stage!

I hope you're all keeping well.
    Tis good to see ya, Leggers!

Yeah, very meh is putting the bright side on things. I've been down in the pit a few times, meself. Big squishy boobie hug and hope the mood improves for you soon x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, just had pizza and chips, happy Friday peeps :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement