Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Tis good to see ya, Leggers!

Yeah, very meh is putting the bright side on things. I've been down in the pit a few times, meself. Big squishy boobie hug and hope the mood improves for you soon x

Thanks, Sardi. :)

It's just Groundhog Day without the comedic relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Good to see you back Leggy :) I’m living life in the fast lane :D well at the moment I’m killed with cramps so I’ll put that on hold for a bit :D

I had 2 people tell me today that I’m a nice person and very friendly and helpful :) what can i say only if you’ve got it flaunt it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching 60 day in...... on netflix.
    *peeks in, Sephers style*

Ohhh look who decided to join us! Leggings!!

Nice of you to join you us leggings!

I've been quiet lately because everything is just so meh. The most exciting thing to happen in weeks was a takeaway delivery driver knocked at my door because he got the address mixed up. It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this stage!

*hugs*

tenor.gif

Keep the chin up and come back here and start posting again

Sephers, you deserve some pointless for that.

Get ready to catch an incoming sliding bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Home at last! Relaxing now with Netflix and a Brandy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Good to see ya Legs :)

Deskside with a can of monster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Typical timing and story will be slightly ruined now given that I just accidentally insulted an elderly person via post to sardonicat but this happened in between my earlier post and coming back to the house I thought about not posting it in case people start to think this fella just hates old people, but ah screw it, I HAVE to share this with someone so I'm posting it anyway and on my life, my parents lives, my lovely wee dog's life etc this genuinely just happened there now. I have my flaws but I never post about made up stuff or whats the point posting atall.
    So I went off to local centra to get one more craft beer bout 20 mins ago.
    And theres a queue in the shop. So I stand there for a bit and eventually I'm 2nd in the queue and maybe 5 more behind me.
    So this old-ish woman is looking at the queue and has a few bits and I said to her go ahead of me.
    As I did it I kinda looked over my shoulder and muttered its ok isn't it? to the chap behind and he said yeah sound.
    So off she goes to the counter. She only had a few bits but a discussion ensued with the cashier girl who I'd know fairly well from going in there and I could see the cashier girl was a bit uncomfortable with the whole verbal exchange that followed. She's young, shy etc, but looked particularly uneasy with whatever the old lady said.
    So anyway, now the old lady is walking away and I'm walking toward the chashier so we're crossing paths if that makes sense. And she says "I just want to compliment you on your manners". To which I said "you're welcome, hard times". And with that she says "come here to me" and beckons with her index finger, to lean in closer, ya know that c'mere thing people do with their finger.
    So I'm now standing VERY close to her and thinking covid and stuff and she whispers "The next few weeks will decide everything, your soul will be seen in the next few weeks, how do you feel about that?"
    And its weird coz with the face mask on my facial reaction actually divided into two, I had a wee smirk beneath my face mask thinking this is hilarious and yet my eyes were staring into hers and definitely taking her very seriously.
    So eventually I muttered "My soul, I dunno".
    And she replied "in the next few weeks all will become clear, God bless". And walked out.
    I'm not religious but I instinctively replied "god bless and take care".
    So up to the counter and got my stuff, cashier said nothing about her and neither did I.

But on my short walk home I was getting flashbacks to that father Ted episode where the old woman called Ted over with the finger and said "I know what yer up to". It was exactly like that the way she called me over.
    My poor soul, sure between the long commutes and getting stopped by the guards regularly and now it turns out my soul is screwed as well, theres not much of me left!!!!!!

Left the house at 10am and got home at 7ish, hair done and I love it and then a mooch around town,coffee and lemon drizzle cake and didn't speak to anyone all day apart from the hairdresser and a few shop assistants. My friend rang and she was about 100yrds from me in town and wanted to meet up and I said nope as I'm heading home...I wasn't heading anywhere but needed a day to myself ,is that very weird? I'm still not over an interaction I had yesterday with someone, a total stranger but absolutely unbelievable.

Went in to a shop today to see ask if they had a similar coat to the one I bought in there last year..well according to miss fcuking high and mighty they don't apart from one for oooohhh 350e....said it as if I couldn't afford it, reminded me of That scene from Pretty Woman, how f*ing dare she. I'd say she took one look at my knees hanging out of my jeans ( bought like that but my foot got caught in on a ripped it more,tbh they're shocking but that's beside the point)....biaaatch.

On top of that I just got out a huge glass/ vase and poured in my wine and I had about an eggcup full, totally forgot to buy a bottle so a can of Coors Light in a huge wine glass here now lol.

Is it me or are we all gone slightly bonkers...anyone that says it's me is going on my list.😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I never could claim to be terribly together at the best of times but i'm gone scatty as all feck this year :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

*peeks in, Sephers style*

I've been quiet lately because everything is just so meh. The most exciting thing to happen in weeks was a takeaway delivery driver knocked at my door because he got the address mixed up. It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this stage!

I hope you're all keeping well.

Did you not flash a bit of leg and invite him in??

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sephers, you deserve some pointless for that.

Get ready to catch an incoming sliding bowl.

pointless?

Whats in said bowl? 😛

Went in to a shop today to see ask if they had a similar coat to the one I bought in there last year..well according to miss fcuking high and mighty they don't apart from one for oooohhh 350e....said it as if I couldn't afford it, reminded me of That scene from Pretty Woman, how f*ing dare she. I'd say she took one look at my knees hanging out of my jeans ( bought like that but my foot got caught in on a ripped it more,tbh they're shocking but that's beside the point)....biaaatch.

Obviously she saw how good you would have looked in it 😏 was jealous hence the reaction on her part 😛
    Is it me or are we all gone slightly bonkers...anyone that says it's me is going on my list.��

Its just y........

😛😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I never could claim to be terribly together at the best of times but i'm gone scatty as all feck this year :o

Same here.

I think all this extra social distancing & isolation is making me less self conscious in keeping it in check.

I feel like getting absolutely hammered (drink wise lol) tonight, I won't but I just really feel like it..I'm sick sh*t of everything atm.

I feel like getting absolutely hammered (drink wise lol) tonight, I won't but I just really feel like it..I'm sick sh*t of everything atm.

I'm gonna have a few drinks now. Let's all get hammered together. A wherers VERY socially distanced piss up?!

Your post above about your jeans and getting your foot stuck in the rip has me laughing DD!

Home at last! Relaxing now with Netflix and a Brandy.

Nice! I envy anyone who can enjoy a brandy. Its a lovely drink but I'd get these boom boom boom palpitations after even one of 'em.
    Coffee multiplied x 20

What's the word some of ye taught me to legitimize my wonky horizons? I can't tell you how much I tried to take a straight photo this evening but still failed spectacularly.

528797.jpeg

This one didn't attach there for some reason..

528798.jpeg

pointless?

Whats in said bowl? 😛

Fecking autocorrect! It was pringles.

Was.

• Advertisement

Did you not flash a bit of leg and invite him in??

The poor man might not have gotten back out! :D

One way to go ;)

:D Jaysus! Fairly confident about yer legs so! :p

I'm gonna have a few drinks now. Let's all get hammered together. A wherers VERY socially distanced piss up?!
    !

I'm having a few too. But I'm not sure about your party skills, since you said that theres been around 6 posts and two of them were dog snaps.
    Pissups have changed since my day :D

The National playing here, supping in the sunroom. Theres something sheet cool about The National, fake empire.
    Lovely haunting song.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    The National playing here, supping in the sunroom. Theres something sheet cool about The National, fake empire.
    Lovely haunting song.

I forgot to bring my beers to work, silly me :o

I'm listening to darksynth type stuff, but that is a great song by a band i do rate a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Those are stunning photos, Buile! The second one especially. Ypu can see the rain spilling from a cloud in the distance

I'm having a few too. But I'm not sure about your party skills, since you said that theres been around 6 posts and two of them were dog snaps.
    Pissups have changed since my day :D

The best parties have dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

:D Jaysus! Fairly confident about yer legs so! :p

She's got legs , she knows how to use them ....
    Class song that , isn't it Leggy ?!

Duvet , hugs girl , fcuk them all , you're a great person don't ever doubt yourself.

Buile , gorgeous pics as always :)

Me , home , the dog and I came to an understanding and traded seating yesterday :o
    (I got the better deal naturally :D )

Those are stunning photos, Buile! The second one especially. Ypu can see the rain spilling from a cloud in the distance

Thanks! Yeah nicely spotted Sardi. It looked in real life like the cloud was disintegrating. There was another cloud with what looked like a rainbow peeking through but it didn't show up properly in a photo.

Thanks! Yeah nicely spotted Sardi. It looked in real life like the cloud was disintegrating. There was another cloud with what looked like a rainbow peeking through but it didn't show up properly in a photo.

Indeed some great pics again, i feckin love that pooch :)

• Advertisement

Indeed some great pics again, i feckin love that pooch :)

Aw thanks Grem! This fella was out for walkies too but he's much harder to capture, he's always on the go.

528811.jpeg

Honestly between our daily canine caller to the house and the pet pics on boards i've raised many a smile i didn't think i had in me :)

@DD 😛😏😏

Still deskside watching 60 days in , scary show!

Honestly between our daily canine caller to the house and the pet pics on boards i've raised many a smile i didn't think i had in me :)

Halloween time & Grem smiling a few times.

I don't know which is more scary.

@DD 😛ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Still deskside watching 60 days in , scary show!

Pretend you didn't see it .😂

I forgot to bring my beers to work, silly me :o

I'm listening to darksynth type stuff, but that is a great song by a band i do rate a lot

yeah its a great song. I'm not very clued in with music, I'm 40 so I'm an auld lad but I love songs where there's a haunting overtone and something different about the song and The National are good at that type of music.
    I heard it in the closing stages of an episode of The Wire I think.
    I'm not sure how it works when you are making a movie or a TV Show and you need to choose the right song/part of the song at just the the right moment to convey the mood of what your watching.
    But I always have a massive respect for the ones who do that well, the scenes where they marry the scene to the music and it just fits.
    You get it in movies coz they spend millions doing it but in TV Shows its more hit and miss but The Wire had it. And to be fair Sons of anarchy had it but the best I saw was the way the office did it, the scene with dawn and tim and yazoo only you, brilliant. That scene with yazoo playing had me wanting to fall in love.
    If you take the music away from these moments they're next to nothing.
    God the beer is kicking in..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You sure it's just beer, Red?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Halloween time & Grem smiling a few times.

I don't know which is more scary.

I always think i'm pretty similar online to real life but this takes the biscuit and the cake too!

NewRed i'm feckin older than you gway with the ould :P

You sure it's just beer, Red?

:D haha yeah honestly.

I'm just saying I would love the job of the person who gets to choose the songs for the situations in shows/movies/docs.

But yeah its only beer Cat. Large amounts of beer but still, just beer :D

• Advertisement

I always think i'm pretty similar online to real life but this takes the biscuit and the cake too!

Well if there is food going, I will take it.

:D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Well if there is food going, I will take it.

:D

You're the feckin chef!!

I love The National!! Such great memories associated with listening to their music. In another life it would help settle me and send me off to sleep, my lunatic friend beside me with his games. Miss him. Or after a few drinks and a joint or two stuck to the sofa of a random encounter. Ahh sweet times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Anyone here have an insight into the economics of running a boarding kennel ?

Synergies with a small animal vet practice ?

Love the photos, BB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Me and Mrs G have finished up on the creative session for tonight. Enjoyed it with wine and beer and a nice spicy beef stir fry with rice. Mrs G warming the bed for me while I await Ms G to take her bow to moan about her life with a Croissant and OJ. I will listen as I always do.:D

NewRed i'm feckin older than you gway with the ould :P

no way! Nothing to do with me but I thought you were fairly young?

Ya poor basstid :pac:

Weird how you get perceptions online, I'd have had you down as late 20's/early 30's

Not meant in a negative/positive just sort of the perception if that makes sense

no way! Nothing to do with me but I thought you were fairly young?

Ya poor basstid :pac:

Weird how you get perceptions online, I'd have had you down as late 20's/early 30's

Not meant in a negative/positive just sort of the perception if that makes sense

Nearly 42!. Just a giddy mind i guess :pac:

Only a pup Grem :)

Amen to that! Never lose that giddy mind !!

It's a wonderful thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Someone asked up thread what my new book is, it's Champagne Football.
    I don't think libraries are currently fully functioning so I had to buy this one but I don't mind because I can't be without a book.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement