Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Today is 10-10-20, a farmer's best friend :P

Also world mental health day, for all the difference that makes. :confused:

We were always more of a friend of 18-6-12, but alas it is but a distant memory now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

NewRed2 wrote: »
    yeah its a great song. I'm not very clued in with music, I'm 40 so I'm an auld lad but I love songs where there's a haunting overtone and something different about the song and The National are good at that type of music.
    I heard it in the closing stages of an episode of The Wire I think.
    I'm not sure how it works when you are making a movie or a TV Show and you need to choose the right song/part of the song at just the the right moment to convey the mood of what your watching.
    But I always have a massive respect for the ones who do that well, the scenes where they marry the scene to the music and it just fits.
    You get it in movies coz they spend millions doing it but in TV Shows its more hit and miss but The Wire had it. And to be fair Sons of anarchy had it but the best I saw was the way the office did it, the scene with dawn and tim and yazoo only you, brilliant. That scene with yazoo playing had me wanting to fall in love.
    If you take the music away from these moments they're next to nothing.
    God the beer is kicking in..... :D

Most of my music collection is on the back of having heard it perfectly matched to a scene on tv or in a film.

I’m awake at my usual time of course, but someone is bringing me breakfast in bed for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Lying in bed still. Lazy and a bit hungover. Don't think today will be overly productive but sure screw it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this beautiful morning :). I have a soft spot for donkeys, horses and animals in general and I’d love to have a sanctuary for them all :) Dogs would be my number one love though :)

Currently hair dressers side getting pampered :) as you know sometimes we are worth it ;):D

Well aren’t I only gorgeous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Until you step out into today's weather...

To thine own self be true

Until you step out into today's weather...

That mouth wouldn't look out of place in the donkey sanctuary.

Just home and couchside, out all day again and my card is seeing way more action than I am lol. The shopping centre was quiet compared to usual but queues for most of the clothes shops, people are definitely doing the Christmas shopping, the queue for the retail park was shocking at 11am and still the same way now, also the roads leading to Smyths are bumper to bumper.
    Think I'll have a refreshment, it's one of those days....again. ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

the roads leading to Smyths are bumper to bumper.
    Think I'll have a refreshment, it's one of those days....again. ☺️

That's because they can't handle the online orders so they keep taking the option down, which just leads to more panic.... The rumours of the schools closing for two weeks over midterm also not helping the heartrate.

I wonder if December shopping will be a ghost town.

I do think even if we go to level 5 toystores may still stay open I think it would be career suicide to close them this side of Christmas.

Re. Smyths..The click and collect option isn't available which is a pain tbh, surely if there was a queue for people collecting separate to the shoppers it would be beneficial all round.
    I reserved in Argo and collected this morning, very well organised in there imo..queue is outside and only a handful of people inside, pay for your item, put your receipt on the counter and collect when your number is called, no contact with anyone really, I thought it was very safe there, no catalogues available unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Re. Smyths..The click and collect option isn't available which is a pain tbh, surely if there was a queue for people collecting separate to the shoppers it would be beneficial all round.
    I reserved in Argo and collected this morning, very well organised in there imo..queue is outside and only a handful of people inside, pay for your item, put your receipt on the counter and collect when your number is called, no contact with anyone really, I thought it was very safe there, no catalogues available unfortunately.

Yeah both online and click and collect in smyths is going on and off availability.
    Thankfully mine are still too young to fully understand so they'll "get what they are given" "and be happy about it" :D

Argos and littlewoods definitely alternatives alright. Boots are also stocking mothercare stuff too.... So I think we'll survive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Relaxing on the sofa, admittedly still a bit rusty from last nights craft beers. Somehow summoned the energy to cook some lovely garlic prawns with some garlic bread which mopped up the lovely garlic oil a treat at the end. Twas the biz, little tapas type snack.
    Magic.
    But that was as productive as I managed all day. God damn you tasty craft beers, I mean I selected you, paid for you, gave you a lease of life, lovingly chilled you in the fridge before consuming you with gentle yet enthusiastic passion and THIS is how you repay me???!!!

Roll on tomorrow.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Homeside chilling after a lovely afternoon meeting a friend I haven’t seen in ages at Ashtown Castle in the Phoenix Park in the lovely October sunshine.

Hope yis all are having a relaxing weekend. :)

I'm exhausted. Got loads of work done in the garden. My back will be bad tonight.. it's bad already but worth it I suppose. Tired now and deciding on take away food. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle time, lunchboxes of goodies for breakfast and dinner or lunch or whatever.. Sunset is lovely here too.

Work trundle time, lunchboxes of goodies for breakfast and dinner or lunch or whatever.. Sunset is lovely here too.

If you need anyone to chat to during the early night, im here anyway :)
    I'm actually mad for a chat this weekend. I'm really feeling the pinch this week with these restrictions. I hate to admit it out loud but I'm feeling a bit lonely for company. There's so many friends I haven't seen in months now and my boys activities have all drawn to an end. These were great for meeting up with other parents just for a natter on a sideline.
    Usually I'd have something planned for the future like us going to Dublin to visit our friends or to Kilkenny to others.
    So yeah, what I'm saying is if anyone fancies chats I'm here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In and warm , feet up , another here who got a haircut today , love how it automatically makes you feel much better in yourself :)

Feeling a bit sick seeing today's numbers.

Absolutely crazy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hear ye all there, it's harder with the shorter days for a lot of us.. I'm here for talking rubbish ;)

I hear ye all there, it's harder with the shorter days for a lot of us.. I'm here for talking rubbish ;)

It is certainly. If I knew an end date, I would be better but this endless absence of being able to interact with people I miss is just hard. Calla, I feel sick by those numbers too. Stay safe folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I feel like moving Grumpy and I to an underground bunker (with the moggies, obviously )

• Advertisement

It was supposed to be my friends hen weekend this weekend but alas we’ve changed plans and we’re going to surprise her with a virtual hen party :)

Autosport wrote: »
    It was supposed to be my friends hen weekend this weekend but alas we’ve changed plans and we’re going to surprise her with a virtual hen party :)

Ah that's very nice Auto. I didn't think I'd like a hen but I would. Two of the maids are in the UK though so who knows how things will turn out next year.

I'm kitchen side getting sausages in to me :p

Ah that's very nice Auto. I didn't think I'd like a hen but I would. Two of the maids are in the UK though so who knows how things will turn out next year.

Ya durty. ...!

You need to be more woke

:P

Myself & Seph can stand in for the hen if they can't come home.

The Snapper is on tonight (rte1) if anyone wants to transport themselves back to Barrytown and happier times.

"snip, snip"

:D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You need to be more woke

:P

Myself & Seph can stand in for the hen if they can't come home.

You two can be my bridesmen but you have to wear a dress :D

tenor.gif?itemid=7641821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Gotta agree with you DD regarding Argos. Life can go on for now if other shops get their **** sorted. They have it so well organized. I've made a few visits in recent weeks and I'm very impressed with it. Stress free. I've only visited midweek so no queue.

Have you got a reservation number or do you need to look, they ask. If you have a reservation number, you are told to sanitize the hands and go to a particular pay point, do the biz, slap down the receipt on a marked out area, stand on your marked out spot, staff stamp the receipt, you grab and go. So fooking simple and safe. A combo online and in person system that works great. I hope they thrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭3d4life

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Gotta agree with you DD regarding Argos....

+1

Was in the local branch yesterday. Operated per G's spec

Good job Argo :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally an excuse to wear my tiara

giphy.gif

Deskside watching 60 days in on netflixs again.

• Advertisement

You boys will be just gorgeous! :D

I'm watching Michael Palin and he's in Russia. It's from the early 90s I'd say. I was just thinking how grim and dreary the town looks but then realised how wonderful it was because there was no Covid. People can stand beside each other and talk and do things and have choice. Stupid Covid :(

*waves frantically* i has practice being a groomswoman ;)

3d4life wrote: »
    +1

Was in the local branch yesterday. Operated per G's spec

Good job Argo :)

Are you mocking me ? I edited immediately and it came up as Argo and I couldn't be bothered editing again lol.

Couchside with a hwb, just watched the Late Late as I wanted to watch Kathleen Watkins and the boy that had Covid, I shed tears during both interviews, I've always thought Kathleen was a lovely person and the interview more than confirmed it imo. The boy and his mother gave a very candid description of what happened, he's Covid free but still has very serious side affects, lovely family. Rad Hurley and a fabulous singer called Andrea did an opera song and it was gorgeous...I'm not promoting the Late Late but I enjoyed it, very melancholy here, I've just poured a beer, it's the little things.

528913.jpg

At the wedding of the year were L - R : Mr Sephers Dude, The Luckiest Man, Diamonds 'persepoly' Frost and Teddo 'the night chef'

Listening to 'Sings The Beatles' in background on TV ( Yesterday Ch )

Are you mocking me ? I edited immediately and it came up as Argo and I couldn't be bothered editing again lol.....

Mock ?

:eek:

Nearest Argo to where I am is on Nordside of Dubland.

I have no doubt a large cohort of natives refer to it as indicated.

Thats another thing about Argo - its not exactly attractive to the light fingered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to Andy Grammer singing Don't Give Up On Me , with 65 ten year old school kids from Staten Island. Fantastic song made all the better with the children singing and their enjoyment of it shining through , look it up :)

3d4life wrote: »
    528913.jpg

At the wedding of the year were L - R : Mr Sephers Dude, The Luckiest Man, Diamonds 'persepoly' Frost and Teddo 'the night chef'

Listening to 'Sings The Beatles' in background on TV ( Yesterday Ch )

The likeness to us all is uncanny!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And when the sermon is over......well that's when the fun begins and me tedo turn into dancers

6ZlO-8.gif

• Advertisement

Yikes! That'll be bedtime for me :P

We'd need to see an audition here Seph and Ted.

We'd need to see an audition here Seph and Ted.

Well I can vouch for Sephers moves, has anyone witnessed Tedo in action?😂

Well I can vouch for Sephers moves, has anyone witnessed Tedo in action?😂

Even the moves in his underpants?! Go cougar :)

Listening to Idles before I put Grumpy to bed. I first heard about this band on here, I forget who from, but they have restored my faith music. Excuse me while I stomp around and shake my hair. ...

I tried to watch a bit of Finding Joy on TV and I just don't get it :(

• Advertisement

I tried to watch a bit of Finding Joy on TV and I just don't get it :(

That's cos it's rubbish

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's cos it's rubbish

I thought maybe I was just out of touch with comedy!

Trying to get through Emily in Paris on Netflix here (for Paris/the clothes even) but it's hard going too. My sister just texted reminding me of our old Absolutely Fabulous evenings.... so there's that! (Arf arf) :pac:

Life of Brian is now on Netflix...
    And (oldie alert) we remembering how truly funny those old Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister shows were. And OMG Are You Being Served. Down an 80s/90s rabbit hole we go....

I'm watching Graham Norton now. It's great to see live guests on his show compared to some of the virtual guests the LLS gets.

I'm watching Graham Norton now. It's great to see live guests on his show compared to some of the virtual guests the LLS gets.

Who has he on tonight?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement