Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

In werk werk rattling about the place with all the drugs in me. Daddy in hospital but I don't know the story is. Will ring again soon to see what his blood test results show. Le sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

In werk werk rattling about the place with all the drugs in me. Daddy in hospital but I don't know the story is. Will ring again soon to see what his blood test results show. Le sigh.

Hope you get good news on the Daddy.What drugs are you on?I'll share mine if you share yours!

Hope you get good news on the Daddy.What drugs are you on?I'll share mine if you share yours!

Thanks I Am :)

I have difene Penicillin and Flagyl. I was prescribed solpadol a few months back for neck pain so am taking them as well.

I have difene Penicillin and Flagyl. I was prescribed solpadol a few months back for neck pain so am taking them as well.

Hope you get better soon.But understand if I shared,I'd be getting the short end of the stick!But your in my thoughts,that helps doesn't it?

Hope you get better soon.But understand if I shared,I'd be getting the short end of the stick!But your in my thoughts,that helps doesn't it?

You aren't going to share? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Best of luck to your Dad Perse. Hope you get good news.

You aren't going to share? :(

With what you have on the table??I might share 1 for humanitarian causes!

Best of luck to your Dad Perse. Hope you get good news.

Thanks Tts :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen side, typing this with one hand, I have one of favorite girleens in my arms and she's looking at me smiling mad as I make kissy noises :3 and my favorite biyeen is here as well, he's going mental running around the place :3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

*rubs eyes* morning all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Had a lovely catch up with old friend this morning , long overdue :)

Mak , hope your daughter recovers ok , Persepoly , I hope your father will be ok too , there's nothing as worrying as a loved one ill in hospital .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Perse, your medicine press is the BEST! :D

Hope your Pops is OK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, back at my folks house, am cat minding for a few days :D

I had an early morning run on the beach, then home to rewatch the last episode of Ashes to Ashes (it was a BBC cop series but on Netflix now).. I binge watched both 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' in the last week, highly recommended. The last episode (I won't give the game away) blew my mind, a total curve ball so I watched it again.

So that's my day so far, run, how to watch A2A.. Coffee now, then swim this evening

My daughter is home (I think I posted that) but with lots of follow up treatment including the prospect of a bone marrow transplant. I'll just say this, if you're a donor of any sort you're without a shadow of doubt saving and improving lives and well done & thank you.

I'm glad your daughter is home Mak. When our health goes a bit funny we want to be well again with the least amount of intervention needed. Sometimes it's needed though. Hope you're alright yourself.

I had an early morning run on the beach, then home to rewatch the last episode of Ashes to Ashes (it was a BBC cop series but on Netflix now).. I binge watched both 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' in the last week, highly recommended. The last episode (I won't give the game away) blew my mind, a total curve ball so I watched it again.

So that's my day so far, run, how to watch A2A.. Coffee now, then swim this evening

My daughter is home (I think I posted that) but with lots of follow up treatment including the prospect of a bone marrow transplant. I'll just say this, if you're a donor of any sort you're without a shadow of doubt saving and improving lives and well done & thank you.

Praying for the best for your daughter and yourself.I'll check out those shows,since at the moment Netflix for me seems to be going to ****e showing the older stuff.Maybe I just don't know how to work it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm up for throwing all the pills in a bowl like keys at a swingers party. We just grab a handful at random, neck them and see what happens. It'll be great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I of course would end up with a handful of skittles no doubt!

This thread is the medical clinic of Boards :D

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm up for throwing all the pills in a bowl like keys at a swingers party. We just grab a handful at random, neck them and see what happens. It'll be great.

Some of mine aren't in pill form.But I'd share in the guise of benefiting mankind.And I hope you all appreciate it as sources are getting scarce!

Out with my trusty hatchet and made kindling , fire lit now , these last few evenings were cool . Well , I think so anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Just catching up on the last 24 hours...things like the Walton's..little house... seventh heaven, touched by an angel and Michael Landon as an angel ...hated them one and all :D
    Cosmos... The Ascent of Man ...How the West was Won and Battle of the Planets :D they are the stand out TV shows in my memory...the Fall Guy & Baywatch get honourable mentions too .

Workwifey starts chemo next week...full Steam ahead, fingers crossed

Just catching up on the last 24 hours...things like the Walton's..little house... seventh heaven, touched by an angel and Michael Landon as an angel ...hated then one and all :D
    Cosmos... The Ascent of Man ...How the West was Won and Battle of the Planets :D they are the stand out TV shows in my memory...the Fall Guy & Baywatch get honourable mentions too .

Workwifey starts chemo next week...full Steam ahead, fingers crossed

Hope the best for the workwife.Also your watching some sappy shows but I enjoy them as well.

Hope the best for the workwife.Also your watching some sappy shows but I enjoy them as well.

Thanks very much...and no...I hated these shows :D

Now have 'where the west was won and what it got us' in my head, great tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hope the pain gets sorted soon. I'm feeling great already but being very good and following recovery advice to the letter.

Pain free already and feeling guilty when so many here suffer pain on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just leaving this here.

No need to thank me, friends, Barry's tea rules all.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have a stiffness in my groin region, anyone know what to do with that.

Yes, yes, that is the creepiest thing I've ever written.
    I apologise, I know I can delete it, but I've come this far.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

You've come? .. that'll alleviate the stiffness.. problem solved!

Jaysis :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Another day in paradise here, I'm struggling to think of anything vaguely interesting to say.

• Advertisement

Boom. My granny was a witch doctor type.
    I can tell you hand on heart that what you must do is massage the affected area with freshly pulled nettles.
    It worked for her clients every time.
    Please report back to us the results ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Feeling empty, someone tell me life can be non anxious and living each day as it happens rather than constantly thinking about what I don't have?

fr336 wrote: »
    Feeling empty, someone tell me life can be non anxious and living each day as it happens rather than constantly thinking about what I don't have?

Maybe it's time to speak to your GP or try counselling if this is a regular feeling for you?

Maybe it's time to speak to your GP or try counselling if this is a regular feeling for you?

Yeah I tried medication for one day a few months back and done nothing since really. Life has been on hold for years and I've made it ten times worse every year as it just builds on what's gone before. Sorry, mood killer!

Yeah I tried medication for one day a few months back and done nothing since really. Life has been on hold for years and I've made it ten times worse every year as it just builds on what's gone before. Sorry, mood killer!

It'll take more than a day, and like you said it builds up, so best to tackle it asap. Don't worry about the mood, we all unload here at times. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom. My granny was a witch doctor type.
    I can tell you hand on heart that what you must do is massage the affected area with freshly pulled nettles.
    It worked for her clients every time.
    Please report back to us the results ASAP.

Believe it or not, I was cutting back bushes earlier and got stung by nettles in the process.
    The lesson I learned is not to do gardening in the nip and that your granny is a fraud.

Our mental health is something that many of us need to be proactive with. It can seem like an impossible task when all we want to do is hide away and sometimes that is easier than taking the steps necessary. You only have the one life fr. Stop putting it on hold :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching unsolved mysteries on netflix.

My kind of woman ����

A good whack of a hammer should ease the tension for you Booms :D

• Advertisement

Any update on your father Persepoly?

Deskside watching unsolved mysteries on netflix.

My kind of woman ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I actually have a dick. :D

Our mental health is something that many of us need to be proactive with. It can seem like an impossible task when all we want to do is hide away and sometimes that is easier than taking the steps necessary. You only have the one life fr. Stop putting it on hold :)

I just felt the meds made me feel really sad and might have got worse. But what choice do i have i cant function at the mo

I just felt the meds made me feel really sad and might have got worse. But what choice do i have i cant function at the mo
    I doubt it was the meds after one day, you might just have felt negatively about taking them.

Definitely time to get it sorted.

As with any medication, you won't see any result in 1 day.
    You really should go back to your GP ASAP and touch in with them again.
    You owe it to yourself :)

I doubt it was the meds after one day, you might just have felt negatively about taking them.

Definitely time to get it sorted.

Yeah i think doing something lifted the anxiety so much i was only left with the depression which is the heart of this. The worst of the meds would probs still be better than how i am now as im not negative as such i just have zero energy or motivation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Believe it or not, I was cutting back bushes earlier and got stung by nettles in the process.
    The lesson I learned is not to do gardening in the nip and that your granny is a fraud.

Use a few dock leaves on them stings & will sort you out Boom

Strangers in the niiiiight, exchanging glances duh duh duh....yes I've had a couple of glasses of prosecco with my beloved. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Strangers in the niiiiight, exchanging glances duh duh duh....yes I've had a couple of glasses of prosecco with my beloved. :D

That has you singing about strangers? You should neck a few more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

You need to give them a while. I was on them for 6 months. And it’s really helped. There’s still down days, but hopefully not as bad. Like the others say, go see your GP and just talk to them. Also, exercise is another great thing to do for the brain. Maybe make a little list of small things to do each day that will help build you to the bigger things.

Small steps will still get you the distance, just take one at a time. You deserve happiness.

People are strange, when you're a stranger... :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement