Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Was that supposed to be a nose? It lead me to other conclusions... :pac:

That's your unfortunate mind Beach. Other conclusions indeed!

:D

I am Cork side at the opticians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

That's your unfortunate mind Beach. Other conclusions indeed!

That reminds me of a scene in My Left Foot where one of the ould one neighbours is looking down at Christy and goes, "ya poor unfortunate gobsh!te"... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

My desktop is out of action so I'm on the touch site. I remember now why I prefer the desktop site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Working. Listening to new Deftones album. Not a bad Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I'm just home from work and am having a cup of tea. Happy Monday everyone, I hope your all well.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I got chills and they are multiplying.
    Might need to get some exercise later - get the blood flowing but for now am working and only exercise is brain muscles and finger ligaments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside. Working. Listening to new Deftones album. Not a bad Monday :D

Ooh, your thoughts?. I must check it out maybe tomorrow..

Bedside trying to gather any shreds of energy for a shower.. :o

Must be that rock I'm living under - how did I miss a new Deftones album? Cheers Dave, that's tonight sorted :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Must be that rock I'm living under - how did I miss a new Deftones album? Cheers Dave, that's tonight sorted :)

Reviews are good, somehow I haven't listened yet myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Turns out it was just a regular old itch but I'm still traumatised from #fungusgate that I'm paranoid :p

Did you ever think of having your toes sucked now and then ?

I envisage two little old ladies outside a bingo hall with their old style leather handbags going at it :D

Never mess with little old ladies, especially if they have been deprived of Mass.

#Antichrist

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

3d4life wrote: »

My coffee has just come back up my throat ^^^^^ ..

Summing up the motivation here to go out to throw in a load of hardwood.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ...Summing up the motivation here to go out to throw in a load of hardwood.

Know the feeling. Just now I managed to motivate myself to see if the grass would be dry enough to run the mower over it.

Not a hope. No rain all day, good drying wind but grass still soaking. :mad:

Probably going supermarket-side real soon now. ...... emergency : chocolate supplies down to zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

[quote="Mam of 4;114906433"

Summing up the motivation here to go out to throw in a load of hardwood.[/quote]

You dirty dirty......

To thine own self be true

Jaysis I'm gone for an hour and toe sucking and hard wood takeover, ye filthy shower, I'm so proud :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You dirty dirty......

Well you can't throw it in unless it's hard wood, in all fairness. ...

I'm pulling my hair out here helping with Irish homework.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Know the feeling. Just now I managed to motivate myself to see if the grass would be dry enough to run the mower over it.

Not a hope. No rain all day, good drying wind but grass still soaking. :mad:

Probably going supermarket-side real soon now. ...... emergency : chocolate supplies down to zero

My back garden grass is short enough, but I'd like to give it a winter trim to take it through to April. However it turns into a fooking bog once Autumn sets in. I haven't cut it in three weeks. Took a walk over it today and my boots were sinking into it. I fooking hate cutting grass anyway, but due to being out of work because of Covid, I tended to it this year like never before. Hardly got to sit out on it due to the poxy weather.:rolleyes:

I never run out of chocolate here. Go get it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You dirty dirty......

Auld one ?
    May or may not be true :pac:

Decided to leave it there until morning , I refuse to make any comments on it remaining hard. ..

Tea time here now , had dinner early today .

It's Grumpy's birthday today. His brother in England sent him a card with £40 inside. They are very close but because both are so hard of hearing they can't talk to each other anymore so it was my Uncle's way of saying 'I miss you'. I wrang him up and put the speaker on the phone. They got to hear each other's voices even if they couldn't make out what was being said. It got to me, TBH. I spent a great deal of my early childhood sprawled across this Uncle's lap and it's becoming clearer that he and Dad are not likely to see each other again. His wife is succumbing to dementia which has accelerated from the isolation of COVID and my Uncle is very unsteady on his feet so they can't come here like they used to once a year. Up until his stroke my Dad travelled to them yearly and stayed about 6 weeks. Before COVID myself and Mr Sardi were thinking of bringing Grumpy over to see them but I think it might be too late, for my Auntie anyway.

Aside from that my sister visited with a bottle of expensive whiskey which she was in the process of taking the money for til I walked into the room and she had to back track. Our neighbours who are locked down in Dharain sent a bottle of really good red and a box of posh chocks and I cooked him steak and chips for dinner. And he had a Guinness earlier.

All in all not a terrible birthday but a bit emotional. He's happy out now, watching Last of the Summer Wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Still alive any way.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Still alive any way.

Was wondering where you were, all ok?.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had a dream about a boardsie last night.

I was violated.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's Grumpy's birthday today. His brother in England sent him a card with £40 inside. They are very close but because both are so hard of hearing they can't talk to each other anymore so it was my Uncle's way of saying 'I miss you'. I wrang him up and put the speaker on the phone. They got to hear each other's voices even if they couldn't make out what was being said. It got to me, TBH. I spent a great deal of my early childhood sprawled across this Uncle's lap and it's becoming clearer that he and Dad are not likely to see each other again. His wife is succumbing to dementia which has accelerated from the isolation of COVID and my Uncle is very unsteady on his feet so they can't come here like they used to once a year. Up until his stroke my Dad travelled to them yearly and stayed about 6 weeks. Before COVID myself and Mr Sardi were thinking of bringing Grumpy over to see them but I think it might be too late, for my Auntie anyway.

Aside from that my sister visited with a bottle of expensive whiskey which she was in the process of taking the money for til I walked into the room and she had to back track. Our neighbours who are locked down in Dharain sent a bottle of really good red and a box of posh chocks and I cooked him steak and chips for dinner. And he had a Guinness earlier.

All in all not a terrible birthday but a bit emotional. He's happy out now, watching Last of the Summer Wine.

Post of the day/week/month Sardi. Seriously, it made me ponder some more as I can relate to so much in it. My Dad announced today that he needs a hip replacement. (aged 76) I also have a sister that takes the piss out of my parents in the interest of making herself money.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I was violated.

Some people have all the luck....

Some people have all the luck....

.... Well we don't know who the dream was about!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Post of the day/week/month Sardi. Seriously, it made me ponder some more as I can relate to so much in it. My Dad announced today that he needs a hip replacement. (aged 76) I also have a sister that takes the piss out of my parents in the interest of making herself money.

Oh, I hope he doesn't have to wait too long for it, Gran. If he's private health insurance it should be sorted fairly pronto.

Some excitement is vital these days, take the bad with the good :P

I know they are glorious and can see how irresistible they must be to those who like a good toe suck and nibble but no.

I was violated.

Was it Persepoly?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was violated.

I for one don't want to know what goes on in Boom's head.

Oh, I hope he doesn't have to wait too long for it, Gran. If he's private health insurance it should be sorted fairly pronto.

No insurance. Gonna try the treatment abroad route via the HSE. He pays up via a credit union loan and HSE refund it. Haven't a clue. Me and Mrs G spent the evening finding and printing forms for him. A bit angry as my sister sucks the life out of them with babysitting and school runs, yet she hasn't got the brain or tech to research/print stuff for them. I even do their car tax online for them as my sister wouldn't have a clue.:eek: She's a selfish type that they propped up all her life and has no memory.:rolleyes:

I want to see into your head too Ted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I want to see into your head too Ted :D

I don't even want to know what goes on inside it.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    No insurance. Gonna try the treatment abroad route via the HSE. He pays up via a credit union loan and HSE refund it. Haven't a clue. Me and Mrs G spent the evening finding and printing forms for him. A bit angry as my sister sucks the life out of them with babysitting and school runs, yet she hasn't got the brain or tech to research/print stuff for them. I even do their car tax online for them as my sister wouldn't have a clue.:eek: She's a selfish type that they propped up all her life and has no memory.:rolleyes:

Oh, you have my sympathy and share your outrage. And she does have a memory. It's shame she's lacking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, thinking about the chocolate I have downstairs, Watching 60 days in.....what a great show, I never wanna go to prison.
    You dirty dirty......

Poor mam! Only you would turn it into something dirty 🤭🤭 :pac:

Had a lovely walk on the beach with the dogs this evening. The sky was so nice, all oranges and pinks. Had bolognese for dinner and homemade chocolate mousse for dessert. Collapsed on the sofa now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside :)

My parcel is being delivered tomorrow, quite excited for it :D

Im back with home support on Wednesday, hopefully it'll be stress free

Feels like a tea and animal photos kind of night here

• Advertisement

Must do me duolingo French. I live for the day I can make that post in French.

Feels like a tea and animal photos kind of night here

I'd love a mug of tea, thanks Grem!

No bother, i'll break out the big pot and the loose leaves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed.....mmmm I'd love a cupan tae myself ...... :pac:

Tis brewing, give it a chance :P

Great, I'll take the biggest mug you have, please and thank you!

• Advertisement

Grand job, drop of moo juice?

Yes and two sugars please, Gremy. Got any Rich Teas?

Several drops please. I like milky tea! No sugar.

Yes and two sugars please, Gremy. Got any Rich Teas?

Actually i can get some!. ;)

*slides mugs and biccies around the place*

Actually i can get some!. ;)

*slides mugs and biccies around the place*

You're a grand woman, so you are!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement