Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Are you taking notes if you need a Visa for a certain county?

Ssssshhh ;)
    (Which county?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ssssshhh ;)
    (Which county?)

I'm not going to breach your trust.

:P

3d4life wrote: »
    BB, thats brilliant :D

google images points to - www.danleodesign.com

Yeah that's right! I love their foxes!

*slides over a bar of lindt creamy chocolate* ;)

Yaaas. Exactly the outcome I was hoping for! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tar and a bag of Johnny onion rings, watching louis theroux part 2 of jails.

Yaaas. Exactly the outcome I was hoping for! ;)

thank god she didn't notice the little bite marks at the end of the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Isn't Art so wonderful! I have a 12 year old here with a passion for it. During lockdown she painted this great one, a scene from the original Star Wars movie, A backlit scene too. If you know your Star Wars, you will get it,

sam-24042020.jpg

That is wonderful! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ssssshhh ;)
    (Which county?)

What's this now? Or who are we talking about? Am I missing gossip? :eek:

I'm beddy, bed, bedside wishing it was Friday already.

Just a deflection tactic Leggie.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Thank crunchie it’s Friday :D

Let’s make today a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone :)

Deskside, counting the hours until two weeks of time off begin. And as luck would have it, I feel like I’m coming down with something...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, coffee, 5 hours and Dave is off for 10 days! Woohoo!

Tunes - Deftones - Around the Fur, an absolute classic :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^^^ love that album

Deskside but should get dressed as I have to go do the shopping for ma.

Werk Werk Werk. A bad woman's werk is never done :D

Couching, no werk needs doing.

Biggest decision: coffee & scone, or coffee & toast

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Happy time off guys.

*** closes curtains people with extreme camera zoom will be at a loose end ***

@Auto, when I looked at your picture of the day it was an ass looking at a donkey.

Is there something wrong with me ?

3d4life wrote: »
    Happy time off guys.

*** closes curtains people with extreme camera zoom will be at a loose end ***

@Auto, when I looked at your picture of the day it was an ass looking at a donkey.

Is there something wrong with me ?

Oh really? I just saw one donkey in the pic.

:p

Hope you feel better soon, thomil.

This donkey (thanks Auto!) is planning to finish early, have a few drinks and an early night. The darker mornings are affecting my energy levels already, it's going to be a long, miserable winter with the constant threat of further restrictions. Level 5 recommended again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This donkey (thanks Auto!) is planning to finish early, have a few drinks and an early night. The darker mornings are affecting my energy levels already, it's going to be a long, miserable winter with the constant threat of further restrictions. Level 5 recommended again. :(

It's depressing isn't it?
    If only we could just have the freedom to pop into a neighbour or meet a friend in the coffee shop.
    I hope it'll be a mild winter for walks and going for a Sunday drive etc.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The boss messaged me and said finish early. Result. Dave is on the doss.

Hope the hooch can cheer the blues for you Leggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

The boss messaged me and said finish early. Result. Dave is on the doss...

Just what can you pull in with X83 optical zoom ?

Can you pick up people walking on Red Rock over in Sutton ?

( Asking for a friend )

• Advertisement

Finished work tf, I've a headache lingering all week, its dull and painful. Plan for tonight is a pizza, wine and telly, I'm going to do very little for the weekend and I'm praying I don't get a message to say we're back WFH, I'll crack up if that happens and I know it's coming.
    Phil Lynott's daughters are on the Late Late so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside after a busy day, got the working from home bit finished by 11 a.m. then we headed to town and stocked up on provisions for the next two weeks, glad we got the big shop in as news is filtering through of level 5 coming in this weekend so it will mean not having to venture into town and all that entails with busy supermarkets and shops. Settled in for the evening now, fire blazing, beer chilling in the fridge and a nice roast chicken dinner ready for the oven later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch side watching old greys with the better half.. Pre work chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having coffee with cream crackers and cheddar cheese .

I just cooked a chicken stir fry for dinner with naan bread. Now I'm on a cleaning spree. The fridge better be prepared to be stripped naked and searched thoroughly :)

Getting ready for my last bit of work. I'll be making the most of this weekend. I won't be able to go to my bridal shop appointments under Level 5. Ah well. It's only small compared to the juhe disruption it will cause others :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home office, just off the phone to one of my dissertation students who was running behind for much of the Summer months but is really making up for lost time now.

Off swimming now and Zoom meet of my home AA group at 8pm. Then taking it easy for the weekend.

Have a great weekend all! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still sad though Diamonds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Relaxing with a Vodka and Tonic, with Marvin Gaye in the background. Thinking of the blind date brunch I had earlier. Hope you are well this evening.

• Advertisement

Relaxing with a Vodka and Tonic, with Marvin Gaye in the background. Thinking of the blind date brunch I had earlier. Hope you are well this evening.

... You have to spill the details now :)

Do I really? Ok Sexual Healing is playing right now..lol

Sorry I was in the car. Here it is now... I think we can all agree this has to be Sephs house..

529454.jpeg

That is one big pu….Cat.lol

I won't be cruel. It was with a lovely person from Krakow. I was beyond nervous at first but their smile just put me at ease. We had a lot in common surprisingly. It is still early days but I can't help thinking about them.

That makes me seem sad and lonely but I promise that is not true. Just they have peaked my interest in a way that hasn't been done in a long time. I hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Thanks. Locking the company laptop into a closet for two weeks is supposed to be a pretty good remedy, so that's what I just did :D

On a completely unrelated not, does anyone have any experience with getting a pick-up for a COVID test when you can't drive?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Still sad though Diamonds

Thanks Grem but it really won't be that big of a deal. I'll get to go in time and sure don't you know by then I'll have grown in height and reduced in weight :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Grem but it really won't be that big of a deal. I'll get to go in time and sure don't you know by then I'll have grown in height and reduced in weight :D

I still hope your big day is magical for you and the groom when it comes. Crazy times we are living in now.

stripped naked and searched thoroughly :)

Ohhh my !

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks. Locking the company laptop into a closet for two weeks is supposed to be a pretty good remedy, so that's what I just did :D

On a completely unrelated not, does anyone have any experience with getting a pick-up for a COVID test when you can't drive?

I had to insist they sent the tester to me. It's within walking distance but I was feeling very unwell and can't leave my Dad alone for long and they obliged by sending the ambulance service. I

Speaking of Grumpy, he was discharged yesterday. His hernia has been left on the long finger. While I was waiting for the ambulance on Wednesday he had a TIA (mini stroke) so the physicians gave him a very thorough check over (scans, bloods, the works) and adjusted his Meds and arranged follow up via gp. Had a massive fright, obviously, but he's fine atm. We knew this would happen but his scans don't show imminent danger of a 'big one' . They can't always be certain obviously, but I'm as reassured as I can be. Overall, delighted with the response of the medical team, disgusted by the surgical team who don't want to go near him to even assess the risk and don't get me started about the p1ss poor communication, his lost trousers and the phone call at 5.30 am on Thurs morning from an on call doc to get the medical history I'd given three times already that day and which she would have had access to in notes but couldn't be bothered to ask for in the e.d.. You can imagine the adrenaline dump I got when the phone woke me up at that hour. I'm still getting over the fright, TBH, between that and watching him have the TIA which I thought was him stroking out on me.

Now, I'm just taking it easy, trying to enjoy the fact he's doing OK. Sad Mr Sardi can't visit, again. It's going to be a very tough few weeks.

Mind yer selves, my lovely wherers

Deskside listening to unknown fm deep in thought.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    I had to insist they sent the tester to me. It's within walking distance but I was feeling very unwell and can't leave my Dad alone for long and they obliged by sending the ambulance service. I

Speaking of Grumpy, he was discharged yesterday. His hernia has been left on the long finger. While I was waiting for the ambulance on Wednesday he had a TIA (mini stroke) so the physicians gave him a very thorough check over (scans, bloods, the works) and adjusted his Meds and arranged follow up via gp. Had a massive fright, obviously, but he's fine atm. We knew this would happen but his scans don't show imminent danger of a 'big one' . They can't always be certain obviously, but I'm as reassured as I can be. Overall, delighted with the response of the medical team, disgusted by the surgical team who don't want to go near him to even assess the risk and don't get me started about the p1ss poor communication, his lost trousers and the phone call at 5.30 am on Thurs morning from an on call doc to get the medical history I'd given three times already that day and which she would have had access to in notes but couldn't be bothered to ask for in the e.d.. You can imagine the adrenaline dump I got when the phone woke me up at that hour. I'm still getting over the fright, TBH, between that and watching him have the TIA which I thought was him stroking out on me.

Now, I'm just taking it easy, trying to enjoy the fact he's doing OK. Sad Mr Sardi can't visit, again. It's going to be a very tough few weeks.

Mind yer selves, my lovely wherers

9PwxrCH.gif

Hugs for sardi, my ma had a tia 3 and half years ago from all the stress my brother was causing her at the time, I'll never forget coming down and finding her in the state I did, I was bawling my eyes out down the phone to the ambulance dispatcher, thankfully she recovered but It frightened the life out of me.

Oh Sardi, effing traumatic ouch :(

• Advertisement

Sardi, I hope your dad is ok. Unfortunately hospital is no place for the sick these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching the Good Doctor. beer in hand and a chinese on the way.
    Hope ye are all well:)
    Sardi, hope everything works out that early morning call would have knocked me for six

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside watching the Good Doctor. beer in hand and a chinese on the way.
    Hope ye are all well:)
    Sardi, hope everything works out that early morning call would have knocked me for six

It did me but I think the Dr came out worse by the time I finished with her!

It did me but I think the Dr came out worse by the time I finished with her!

Sorry to hear this news about your dad.

Sorry to hear this news about your dad.

He's alright now, thanks, Purple. Happy out watching Heartbeat! I wouldnt want to check my own blood pressure at the moment, mind :P

He's alright now, thanks, Purple. Happy out watching Heartbeat! I wouldnt want to check my own blood pressure at the moment, mind :P

You are a champion Sardonicat, and may the Good Lord bless and keep you.

Ohhh my !

tenor.gif

My fridge is spotless now Seph :)

Is it emanating a warm, pink glow of contentment and smoking a ciggie as well?

Ohhh is it now 😏😏

🤣🤣

Hmmm.. that's a loaded statement .Dont mind her Sephers, my tumble dryer is gleaming.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement