Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hmmm.. A movie to put me in the mood of something. Feel like it sometimes.:D

tenor.gif?itemid=14594417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

fr336 wrote: »
    Yeah i think doing something lifted the anxiety so much i was only left with the depression which is the heart of this. The worst of the meds would probs still be better than how i am now as im not negative as such i just have zero energy or motivation
    You just need to take the first step, no one else can do it for you. Contact your GP tomorrow and start the journey.

People are strange, when you're a stranger... :D

We've done this one before!

You should seduce your strange wife all over again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

You should seduce your strange wife all over again.

Haha good one. We're actually having a secret celebration here. Hence the prosecco. But sure prosecco is good any day of the week. Am I right or am I right leggy mclegend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Bedside watching my car get washed by the rain. Exciting Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I actually have a dick. :D

Me too! I got mine in the sales at Discount Dick Warehouse, where did you get yours?

Haha good one. We're actually having a secret celebration here. Hence the prosecco. But sure prosecco is good any day of the week. Am I right or am I right leggy mclegend?

You are indeed right and secret congratulations!

You are indeed right and secret congratulations!

Thank you kind craytur. :)

kowloon wrote: »
    Me too! I got mine in the sales at Discount Dick Warehouse, where did you get yours?

You can't beat a cheap dick ...

... the quality just isn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You can't beat a cheap dick ...

... the quality just isn't there.

Ba-doom-ting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Woodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Celebrating Mr & Mrs TTWS (nearly said boneyfart!) :D

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Happy Celebrating Mr & Mrs TTWS (nearly said boneyfart!)

Thanks Mam. We actually called the wee fella Napoleon :pac:

Woodies

Brilliant. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

You need to give them a while. I was on them for 6 months. And it’s really helped. There’s still down days, but hopefully not as bad. Like the others say, go see your GP and just talk to them. Also, exercise is another great thing to do for the brain. Maybe make a little list of small things to do each day that will help build you to the bigger things.

Small steps will still get you the distance, just take one at a time. You deserve happiness.

Thanks for this. I just don't have mental energy to do anything much at all. Even writing this post is tough rather than other posts as it is meaningful. I work but it's a very basic job and not where I want to be. I just don't know where to start, gone down the natural, food, exercise etc route for years and years but nothing gets me anywhere near normal. Meds necessary I think!

Perfectly apt , was thinking Bonaparte in my head writing it , Napoleon excellent name lol !!

You called Proinsias Prickles Napolean?

What kind of monsters are you? :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Any update on your father Persepoly?

He has been admitted Mam. He has very low haemoglobin and may need a blood transfusion. That's really all I know :( They need to figure out why its low. Hopefully in the morning they will have some news for me.
    Thanks for asking :)

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote:
    Thanks for this. I just don't have mental energy to do anything much at all. Even writing this post is tough rather than other posts as it is meaningful. I work but it's a very basic job and not where I want to be. I just don't know where to start, gone down the natural, food, exercise etc route for years and years but nothing gets me anywhere near normal. Meds necessary I think!

I wish you all the best fr but realise it takes strength to even post here about it. Good luck for the future. Hope is a powerful thing.

Hope it's something easily fixed, Perse. He will feel a whole lot better after a few units of the good stuff, at least.

What kind of monsters are you?

:pac:

He has been admitted Mam. He has very low haemoglobin and may need a blood transfusion. That's really all I know :( They need to figure out why its low. Hopefully in the morning they will have some news for me.
    I hope it's good news, Perse.

It's tough , but you even writing it , and knowing where you want to be at is a massive step in the right direction , it really is . Getting to your GP will be the another step in the right direction in helping you on the path to feeling better . Mind yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Defo go suss some meds! There’s lots of different types to for all sorts of people. So there’s something out there to the pep in your step that you’re looking for.

• Advertisement

He's in the right place , as Sardonicat said , if he needs a transfusion it will help him feel better , hopefully they will have some answers for you , and him tomorrow fingers crossed .

Defo go suss some meds! There’s lots of different types to for all sorts of people. So there’s something out there to the pep in your step that you’re looking for.

You guys are probably thinking god he's so far down the track any meds would sort him out lol...this has been a problem for a long time, in fact as long as I've been on Boards (7 years!!) but it's got progressively worse every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Im having some Vodka and coke :D I apologize for any drunk posts

Still Couchside, cats are very well behaved

Im having some Vodka and coke :D I apologize for any drunk posts

Still Couchside, cats are very well behaved

I shall look forward to your drunk posts.

Bedside watching my car get washed by the rain. Exciting Thursday.

There are worse things than a good night of lashing rain.

• Advertisement

You guys are probably thinking god he's so far down the track any meds would sort him out lol...this has been a problem for a long time, in fact as long as I've been on Boards (7 years!!) but it's got progressively worse every year.
    I don't think there's actually a "normal" and very few of us are where our younger selves thought we'd be.

Most of us just put on a game face and carry on as best we can.

Yizzer good auld eggs all the same :)

I don't think there's actually a "normal" and very few of us are where our younger selves thought we'd be.

Most of us just put on a game face and carry on as best we can.

Exactly. We are all doing the best we can in life. Sometimes it's a real struggle and sometimes it's ok.

fr, the right meds can really help. I'm speaking from experience here. You don't have to feel the way you are doing now. And starting meds does not mean taking them for the rest of your life, either. Good luck

I'm totally exhausted. Played hide-and-go-seek with the child earlier, and on the third go, I was genuinely hiding and I think I briefly took a nap behind the couch. She's finally gone down, will ye be quiet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Best wishes too your pappa bear poly x

Sardonicat wrote: »
    fr, the right meds can really help. I'm speaking from experience here. You don't have to feel the way you are doing now. And starting meds does not mean taking them for the rest of your life, either. Good luck

Yeah I guess despite holding off taking the meds again (for more than one day lol) I'm scared I'll spend ages tying to find something that works, and in the meantime other meds might make me even worse or produce permanent or semi permanent side effects, no matter how trivial. I can't have another wasted year I just can't

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It feels like it takes ages at the time but on the calendar it's not much time at all.

It feels like it takes ages at the time but on the calendar it's not much time at all.

Is this directed at me or a general pearl of wisdom Grem :pac:

Is this directed at me or a general pearl of wisdom Grem :pac:

Sorry, at you Fr, up the walls here but had to respond

• Advertisement

Sorry, at you Fr, up the walls here but had to respond

You are great, I remember you from another thread from long ago, hope you feel okay soon

Hope you feel better soon fr336, with the right meds it can help, might be a case of trial and error. Lexapro has being a life saver for me :)

Hope you feel better soon fr336, with the right meds it can help, might be a case of trial and error. Lexapro has being a life saver for me :)

I've read through most of them so many times Cat, and put it off for literally years. Think I'll try Citalopram again as it seems the most "mainstream" one and a good starting point. It worked amazingly for my mum's panic attacks.

I've read through most of them so many times Cat, and put it off for literally years. Think I'll try Citalopram again as it seems the most "mainstream" one and a good starting point. It worked amazingly for my mum's panic attacks.

cool, best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lexapro sounds like the name of a tablet with a screen. Hunting for a phone/laptop replacement and It's doing my head in!

Lexapro sounds like the name of a tablet with a screen. Hunting for a phone/laptop replacement and It's doing my head in!

nope tis an anti-anxiety medication, hope you find what you looking for :)

It's a cliche but feels good to even talk about this stuff, feels like unloading it from my cluttered mind.

fr336 wrote:
    It's a cliche but feels good to even talk about this stuff, feels like unloading it from my cluttered mind.

Is there anything to be said for going down the counselling route rather than medication fr? Might be a good place to start.

Is there anything to be said for going down the counselling route rather than medication fr? Might be a good place to start.

I tried it once before but got an awful patronising "counsellor" who didn't seem to want to be there. Exactly what you wouldn't want as a counsellor but maybe because I didn't pay for it and it was NHS. To be honest I can't be doing with trying to find one again, then seeing if they're any good, then having to try again till I firstly find a good one and then one good for me. I've just wasted so much time already. I think I need meds to get me out of the hole then counselling when I'm able to function and arrange it easily will get to the root causes.

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote:
    I tried it once before but got an awful patronising "counsellor" who didn't seem to want to be there. Exactly what you wouldn't want as a counsellor but maybe because I didn't pay for it and it was NHS. To be honest I can't be doing with trying to find one again, then seeing if they're any good, then having to try again till I firstly find a good one and then one good for me. I've just wasted so much time already. I think I need meds to get me out of the hole then counselling when I'm able to function and arrange it easily will get to the root causes.

Fair enough. You know yourself better than anyone on here. Good luck fr. I really hope it works out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement