Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The offending tooth has been removed. By Jesus I put in a rough hour.

Tremendous news! :D

.....apart from the rough HOUR :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479d28464440156c054c180260609f0d737ad543c6&rid=giphy.gif

Tremendous news! :D

.....apart from the rough HOUR :eek:

If you are worrying about your appointment don't :) I haven't the nerve for dental treatment without sedation so had this extraction done with just a regular anaesthetic. You will be just fine.

Oh the time. He had to do x ray and a few little things first and then I needed a special fizzy electrolyte raising drink and lots of "there there" :D

Incoming cranky fooker.:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac: Hardy lad? I think you're forgetting I'm a nerd! :D

Well you a metal head right Dave? all metal heads are hardy lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone want to place bets on the first wherer to have full dentures?

Perse is the current hot favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Without a doubt it will be me.

:pac:

No way would I get dentures though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

The offending tooth has been removed. By Jesus I put in a rough hour.

Keep safe from the dreaded ‘dry socket’ wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy! Got one after having a wisdom tooth removed and it’s scared me to this day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If a former poster was here she would be nominating me as the thread geriatric. I dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Gin and tonic side, even managed 5 seconds in sunshine in the garden before it disappeared behind a cloud.
    Thank feck that week is over. Have a good one folks:)

:pac:

No way would I get dentures though.

I don't know, Perse, at the rate you're getting teeth yanked out you might not have much choice!

If you are worrying about your appointment don't :) I haven't the nerve for dental treatment without sedation so had this extraction done with just a regular anaesthetic. You will be just fine.

Oh the time. He had to do x ray and a few little things first and then I needed a special fizzy electrolyte raising drink and lots of "there there" :D

Ah i'll just try not think about until the needles go in on Monday morning! :D
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Incoming cranky fooker.:mad:

Cheer up Grandeeod! It's friiiiiiiiiiday!
    giphy.gif
    Well you a metal head right Dave? all metal heads are hardy lads :pac:

Solid logic there bro :D

Mirrorside admiring my full mouth of pearly whites.

:D

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    Keep safe from the dreaded ‘dry socket’ wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy! Got one after having a wisdom tooth removed and it’s scared me to this day

I got a tooth out and another filled 2 weeks ago. Such was the pain of the extraction dentist thought I had a dry socket. Turned out it was the filled tooth causing the bother. An abscess had started and it was in a bad way. That's the one I got out.

It's all over now!!

That was what dentist thought I had such was the pain

• Advertisement

Er my bottom sentence should be at the top :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pics or gtfo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

I got a tooth out and another filled 2 weeks ago. Such was the pain of the extraction dentist thought I had a dry socket. Turned out it was the filled tooth causing the bother. An abscess had started and it was in a bad way. That's the one I got out.

It's all over now!!

That was what dentist thought I had such was the pain

Hopefully you’re over the worst of it mate. Just look after it for the next few days and try not to let it get much air!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Gin and tonic side, even managed 5 seconds in sunshine in the garden before it disappeared behind a cloud.
    Thank feck that week is over. Have a good one folks:)

Post of the hour! I'm goin back to where an ordinary man is at war with the everyday world.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Toes in the Atlantic Ocean at Keel Strand, Achill Island. :)

Stunning and breathtaking scenery. I am so glad we got away down to Mayo for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

anyone know how to turn off voice/video calls on messager/Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside...just had a tea ( the cheap Aldi variante) and toast.😋

Watching Luke, my visiting cat and listening to 80s internet radio. Of course he is half sleeping and half watching the outside from his favourite place, my printer.😸

In a little while i will bake the bread for tomorrow and hope for the thunderstorm to come in. It’s just too hot and humid here. Today’s shopping tour was cheap. Yesterday evening and today i just had to collect the refundable bottles and cans from the youngsters at their usual meeting places. Two kilo flour, 750ml lemon juice, salt and noodles all for free...

They just have too much money.😜😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deskside...just had a tea ( the cheap Aldi variante) and toast.😋

Watching Luke, my visiting cat and listening to 80s internet radio. Of course he is half sleeping and half watching the outside from his favourite place, my printer.😸

In a little while i will bake the bread for tomorrow and hope for the thunderstorm to come in. It’s just too hot and humid here. Today’s shopping tour was cheap. Yesterday evening and today i just had to collect the refundable bottles and cans from the youngsters at their usual meeting places. Two kilo flour, 750ml lemon juice, salt and noodles all for free...

They just have too much money.😜😂

He's a big 'un isn't he? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Post of the hour! I'm goin back to where an ordinary man is at war with the everyday world.

Godspeed G!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Black Forest , Luke looks like he wants for nothing in life, especially not food , content and happy !

Companion here for the night , we are currently washing sparkly stones :pac:

He is...on both accounts.😄

I guess he weighs something close to 8 kilo. He belongs to the daughter of our church organist and is quite adventurous. In fact he had to be freed from the church, the fire house, the shop and lots of private premises.

One time he ventured two villages further and had to get picked up a good 10km from home.😂

At home he is terrorising the two collies and his sister. He has a tight schedule for his daily food tour, too. 😼😁

Aaah, glitzy fairy stones...a serious business.🤓😂

Am laughing here at the image of Luke having to be picked up miles away from home , brilliant BF:D

Luke sounds like he has a few good tales to tell.

Deskside with a cupan tae watching unsolved mysteries on netflix.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    Luke sounds like he has a few good tales to tell.

How are your own cats doing there Sardi?

All good, thanks, Seph. Gilbert hates the inhaler and I have to scruff him on order to give it to him which makes me feel like an assh0le but he's incredibly forgiving. He's flying now. The others are all well too. No more picky eating, whatever that was about. Just being cats, I suppose.

• Advertisement

Honestly, yer cat stories are brilliant!
    I have a funny puppy story, I've shared it before on Boards.
    As a teenager, our sheepdog had a litter of pups. I had them up on my lap and one starting climbing up around my neck. At the time I had massive hoopie earrings in (classy girl I was) and the pup went through the earring and his fat little neck got stuck there.. Pudgy little sheepdog puppy. My mother had to come and delicately remove the earring, minding the puppy's neck and then we had to detangle it from the earring.

I think we should all go on a wherers holiday to black forest's town, it really sounds like an ideal life and we'd all meet Luke too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

At least you have that going for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back home after a pub trip...no bending of the rules locally but the two meals were nice.

I think we should all go on a wherers holiday to black forest's town, it really sounds like an ideal life and we'd all meet Luke too.

newsletter.jpg

newsletter.jpg

That kitty looks like she smoked a big fat 'cigarette'.

Currently watching Noddy .
    Send help , or chocolate .
    Preferably chocolate :pac:

Honestly, yer cat stories are brilliant!
    I have a funny puppy story, I've shared it before on Boards.
    As a teenager, our sheepdog had a litter of pups. I had them up on my lap and one starting climbing up around my neck. At the time I had massive hoopie earrings in (classy girl I was) and the pup went through the earring and his fat little neck got stuck there.. Pudgy little sheepdog puppy. My mother had to come and delicately remove the earring, minding the puppy's neck and then we had to detangle it from the earring.

I shouldn't laugh but that's actually hilarious.

Falling Down has been done. Now going way back in time to an RTE epic, Strumpet City. I love my DVD collection. There are things you just can't stream. There's an oul bat in episode 1 that looks like an ex girlfriend would look at 50 and with the same snobby attitude.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Currently watching Noddy .
    Send help , or chocolate .
    Preferably chocolate :pac:

What do you think was really going with him and Big Ears?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What do you think was really going with him and Big Ears?

They were kindred spirits Sardonicat !

Noddy is as auld as the hills :)
    He's due his P45 surely!

Of course.. i can show you around.😄

My little city...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breisach

https://www.google.de/search?q=breisach+am+rhein&client=safari&hl=de-de&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiwg5D9usPqAhVmQxUIHRy3AakQ_AUoAnoECB4QAg&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2

https://www.dw.com/en/fighting-the-coronavirus-blues-black-forest-tourism-starts-again/a-54030639

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiburg_im_Breisgau

Do you need more reasons to come by? Okay, no problem...😂

https://www.europapark.de/en

https://www.voleriedesaigles.com/parc-et-representation/vol-libre

https://www.citedelautomobile.com/en/discovering-site/main-areas

https://www.augustaraurica.ch/en/

https://www.google.de/search?q=augusta+raurica&client=safari&hl=de-de&prmd=mivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiuoJWVv8PqAhXS6qQKHUzCC2sQ_AUoAnoECBcQAg&biw=1024&bih=666

You asked.😂

I could continue with two or three dozen more links. That’s the big advantage living next to France and Switzerland. The best stuff from three countries. Flights are available via Ryanair from Dublin to Bale, Switzerland starting at 110€ back and forth.

Love my neck of the woods. But in summer it’s just too hot for me. 😂

What an incredible looking place to live BF!

Amazing and informative links as always Black Forest , thank you , love the bird one in particular .
    Here's the deal , whoever wins the lotto pays for the trip !

• Advertisement

Done!😄

Smurf can fly the chartered wherers jet over here.😂👍

Done!😄

Smurf can fly the chartered wherers jet over here.😂👍

We'll all take turn of looking after luke! 😸

We'll all take turn of looking after luke! 😸

We should bring the wherer cats to visit Luke. He could take them on cat tours of the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

So sleepy. I met himself at the station and made chicken fajitas for dinner and had a little red velvet cupcake for dessert :D

Sitting on the couch now already trying to fend off the sandman. I'm promising myself a day of doing nothing tomorrow. I am shattered.

I might never come home! The architecture and streetscapes here are so dreary.

I'll start practicing my cycling, it's been a few years!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement