Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The lockdown is getting to me too at this stage, I've lost what little motivation I had.

The mornings are the worst part, if I wasn't working from home I'd be up, ready and out the door looking somewhat presentable, now I'm slobbing about and drinking coffee until lunchtime.

I'm definitely someone that needs structure, yet when I'm working as normal all I do is moan about it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Slurping my (too ) hot chocolate. It's been a very stressful day for me. My writing is helping me to get to the nub of an ongoing issue. The cause of it being gradually revealed . Lots of festering inner anger needing to be channeled. It's at times like this I wish I had the motor skills to draw/paint or play an instrument so I could bypass language altogether and just express the RAW.

The giggles on here are a fantastic help, ye lovely, lovely people.

fr336 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I both need 9 hours sleep and go to bed too late...

Story of my life, fr! I look like I'm in a zombie apocalypse when the alarm goes off.

Have you tried napping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Have you tried napping?

I think I have a very sensitive body clock and if I tried napping I just wouldn't be able to get to sleep at night. I wish I could, though!

• Advertisement

Slurping my (too ) hot chocolate. It's been a very stressful day for me. My writing is helping me to get to the nub of an ongoing issue. The cause of it being gradually revealed . Lots of festering inner anger needing to be channeled. It's at times like this I wish I had the motor skills to draw/paint or play an instrument so I could bypass language altogether and just express the RAW.

Sometimes we know what the nub is, but we compartmentalise it for self preservation. It can take time to tease it out and confront it head on.

All my good habits went out the window at the beginning of lockdown. In to the void where my life was went booze and food. Dreadful sleeping pattern as well. I just went with it though. It was a very low point for me, so the last thing I was going to do was be hard on myself for how I was handling it.

Now that some semblance of my old life has returned so too have better habits. From next week I won't be working from home any of the days so that will help too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh yes, yes of course.. That was definitely it..

scratches head :D

You know it's true 😂

I don't even like routine! But maybe I actually do.

Sometimes we know what the nub is, but we compartmentalise it for self preservation. It can take time to tease it out and confront it head on.

Indeed. It will show up in disguise from time to time until you're able to recognise it. At least now I'm beginning to understand what had me so overwhelmed with nostalgia and sorrow. Bit worried I opened a can of worms that I'm not in a position to deal with at the moment. I may seek some professional help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's where coffee comes into the equation,it'll perk you right up :pac:

Bedside

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Indeed. It will show up in disguise from time to time until you're able to recognise it. At least now I'm beginning to understand what had me so overwhelmed with nostalgia and sorrow. Bit worried I opened a can of worms that I'm not in a position to deal with at the moment. I may seek some professional help.
    You've a lot going on anyway which might exacerbate it, so talking it out with someone might help.

It's amazing the things we keep in our heads, whether hidden away or openly acknowledged. I think that's the biggest drawback of our consciousness.

I hope you find peace with it all soon.

I took not one, but two, naps today and now my sleep is fcuked-up. Reading The Book Of Revelation to send me to sleep. I don't know why it seemed like a good idea to read about the Apocalypse at bed-time.

Hope you're all having a more chilled evening.

I don't even like routine! But maybe I actually do.

I hate routine, I hate my schedule being dictated to me Monday to Friday, but I realise now I need it.

At heart I'm a lazy, unmotivated slob that needs a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jeez I don't know, I'm like a pig in s%$t with the working from home, both me and OH are absolutely loving it, no commuting to work everyday, we would be both early risers anyway so still get up at the usual working routine time of 6.30/7.00, do a few hours work from home then out for a morning walk and a leisurely breakfast, couple of more hours work and the rest of the day is our own.

You've a lot going on anyway which might exacerbate it, so talking it out with someone might help.

It's amazing the things we keep in our heads, whether hidden away or openly acknowledged. I think that's the biggest drawback of our consciousness.

I hope you find peace with it all soon.

Well, I believe knowledge is power and self knowledge makes a powerful self. My problem is dealing with the resulting anger, but I think now I've revealed what was really causing me pain I can label it with its proper name and put it in its proper place til I can deal with it carefully. That's the plan, anyhow. No way can I go there now.

All this from what was included in my YouTube feed back in January. What weird creatures we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

GoneHome wrote: »
    Jeez I don't know, I'm like a pig in s%$t with the working from home, both me and OH are absolutely loving it, no commuting to work everyday, we would be both early risers anyway so still get up at the usual working routine time of 6.30/7.00, do a few hours work from home then out for a morning walk and a leisurely breakfast, couple of more hours work and the rest of the day is our own.
    That's going to make us lazy slobs feel even worse :D

To thine own self be true

Ah! You're morning people.

Or, as I like to call you, freaks. :pac:

I need the stress of having to get to work on time to get me out of bed. I loved wfm initially when the weather was warm and sunny, because you want to get up in that weather. Wet, windy and dreary weather not so much.

I'm sure it suits a lot of people and hopefully you can both continue with it, for a couple of days a week at least.

I hate routine, I hate my schedule being dictated to me Monday to Friday, but I realise now I need it.

At heart I'm a lazy, unmotivated slob that needs a kick up the arse.

Ditto, I really think I'm the laziest person in the world. I've never been a morning person even as a child, I really hate getting up,I hate the alarm, if I won the lotto I really couldn't give up work or I'd never leave the house, all that money wouldn't even entice me, I'd just get in a cleaner/cook and laze around myself all day. Procrastination will be on my death cert,I put everything off until the last second, it wrecks my head but I don't think I'll ever change at this stage. I feel guilty thinking about all the people that can't do things due to illness etc. and I could probably do anything I want but choose not to ,I really am happiest in my own home, if only I could get the others to move out lol.

Bedside, I just watched Celebrity Gogglebox and the famous last scene from Thelma and Louise was on it. Its definitely a sign that we all need to head over to BF for a weekend, I'd probably back out of that at the last minute too, the effort. ☺️

I forgot to buy bog roll today... I have given the child her 4 sheets until the morning :)
    And...Sardi..how big an ass are we talking here? Big Momma's House style booty? :D

You'll never be ready for this jelly, baybeh! I don't want to blow your tiny mind.

• Advertisement

Well, I believe knowledge is power and self knowledge makes a powerful self. My problem is dealing with the resulting anger, but I think now I've revealed what was really causing me pain I can label it with its proper name and put it in its proper place til I can deal with it carefully. That's the plan, anyhow. No way can I go there now.

All this from what was included in my YouTube feed back in January. What weird creatures we are!

Smells and songs can evoke the strongest of memories regardless of how much we've buried them.

At least you'll have it dealt with and out of the way rather than face it in the future.

I think if you have a long commute then working from home must be a dream. Unless of course home is hell and the commute is a bit of an escape. All the different sides and experiences of living with Covid.
    I do miss the train. I wonder what it would be like now.

Ditto, I really think I'm the laziest person in the world. I've never been a morning person even as a child, I really hate getting up,I hate the alarm, if I won the lotto I really couldn't give up work or I'd never leave the house, all that money wouldn't even entice me, I'd just get in a cleaner/cook and laze around myself all day. Procrastination will be on my death cert,I put everything off until the last second, it wrecks my head but I don't think I'll ever change at this stage. I feel guilty thinking about all the people that can't do things due to illness etc. and I could probably do anything I want but choose not to ,I really am happiest in my own home, if only I could get the others to move out lol.

Bedside, I just watched Celebrity Gogglebox and the famous last scene from Thelma and Louise was on it. Its definitely a sign that we all need to head over to BF for a weekend, I'd probably back out of that at the last minute too, the effort. ☺️

Jesus, you're me! :D

We'll book a late flight and hit a bar in departures, there'll be no stopping us then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

You'll never be ready for this jelly, baybeh! I don't want to blow your tiny mind.

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round!

Jesus, you're me! :D

We'll book a late flight and hit a bar in departures, there'll be no stopping us then!

God hopping on a plane would be the best!

I'll be happy with a few nights in Ireland though. I'll book something for the end of the month.

I suppose in a way no one is really a morning person in that we all initially hate that sound of the alarm going off in the morning whether it's at 6 a.m. or 11 a.m. but it's all mind over matter, the trick is to not linger on that shock of the alarm and just get up straight away, you'll feel alot better for it, then straight in for a nice shower and then you're sorted.

God hopping on a plane would be the best!

I'll be happy with a few nights in Ireland though. I'll book something for the end of the month.

Knowing the stupidity of the Irish in general..I fully expect covid cases to make holidaying, even in Ireland a no-no

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round!

Why has there never been an equivalent song about skinny hipped boys?

I think I need to right that very grave wrong.

ETA: Damn you, Killah. I've got that earworm stuck inyou head now and I really, really don't want it. Grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I dont think work life will ever return to the way it was. I speak as someone who did long long office hours.

I'm taking that as a fact and re arranging my life accordingly.

Exciting times.

• Advertisement

I suppose in a way no one is really a morning person in that we all initially hate that sound of the alarm going off in the morning whether it's at 6 a.m. or 11 a.m. but it's all mind over matter, the trick is to not linger on that shock of the alarm and just get up straight away, you'll feel alot better for it, then straight in for a nice shower and then you're sorted.

Can I just say..I havent set an alarm to wake me in probably 20 years..
    :D

Have you ever thought about writing a book? I really love your posting style. I don't mean the content, although I enjoy that too, but your style of writing. If you had a story in you, I'm quite sure I'd enjoy reading it.

Why has there never been an equivalent song about skinny hipped boys?

I think I need to right that very grave wrong.

ETA: Damn you, Killah. I've got that earworm stuck inyou head now and I really, really don't want it. Grrrr

Why can't we have a sing about fat bottomed men?

I've always wanted a song composed about my ass...off ye go !

The alarm wakes me when I'm in the deepest phase of sleep, it's actually torture. I can be exhausted all day but I come alive between 9 and 10 at night.

There's actually proof that our natural body clock is set and determines whether we're either morning or night people. I'm firmly in the latter segment.

Can I just say..I havent set an alarm to wake me in probably 20 years..

Some people are that way, an internal clock, I find as I get older (mid-40s now) I'm getting that way too, even when away on holidays would still generally wake as I would at home for work, still need the security of the alarm clock though :D, one never knows, I have this recurring dream of waking up some morning and it's like 11.30 and I've missed work or even worse the dream of having missed getting up for school 30 years later :confused:

• Advertisement

Have you ever thought about writing a book? I really love your posting style. I don't mean the content, although I enjoy that too, but your style of writing. If you had a story in you, I'm quite sure I'd enjoy reading it.

That's a lovely thing to say, Buile, thank you! Yes, I have indeed but lack inspiration. If folks could come up with an idea I'd give it a go.

You're turn of phrase ain't lacking in style, either, I must add.

I've always wanted a song composed about my ass...off ye go !

Get yourself to the butterfly lounge.. Big boy, you are beautiful...

I'm just catching up on the thread and I have to say.. it seems to me that black forest really really wants me .. I mean us.. to visit! Seriously, all that info, flight costs.. bf is mad for a visit from me.. I mean us! I didn't even know they liked me that much. Us!.. liked us that much!! I think I should book a flight. I think I should do it! We.. we should book it and do it. And free accomodation.. nice.. I'm so happy right now!!

We're. We're so happy right now!! I don't know why that keeps happening!? I'm definitely not planning to secretly visit without all of you weirdos!

That's a lovely thing to say, Buile, thank you! Yes, I have indeed but lack inspiration. If folks could come up with an idea I'd give it a go.

You're turn of phrase ain't lacking in style, either, I must add.
    "The Asthmatic Catcapades" could be your first. I enjoy your Gilbert sagas.

You could then progress to more intellectual topics if you wanted.

I'm just catching up on the thread and I have to say.. it seems to me that black forest really really wants me .. I mean us.. to visit! Seriously, all that info, flight costs.. bf is mad for a visit from me.. I mean us! I didn't even know they liked me that much. Us!.. liked us that much!! I think I should book a flight. I think I should do it! We.. we should book it and do it. And free accomodation.. nice.. I'm so happy right now!!

We're. We're so happy right!! I don't know why that keeps happening!? I'm definitely not planning to secretly visit without all of you weirdos!

You'll only get there before me if you trample over my cold, dead body.

And I know, I mean WE all know, you're too nice for that.

• Advertisement

You can write that one and dedicate to Chubby the chubby chaser over there.

I'll write about flat stomached, snake hipped young fellas with lusty loins and and a full head of flowing locks. Yes, I'm growing into the old sleaze bag I was always meant to be.

D'ya know, I reckon I've got the makings if a good chorus there?

You'll only get there before me if you trample over my cold, dead body.

And I know, I mean WE all know, you're too nice for that.

WE'LL see about that!

You can write that one and dedicate to Chubby the chubby chaser over there.

I'll write about flat stomached, snake hipped young fellas with lusty loins and and a full head of flowing locks. Yes, I'm growing into the old sleaze bag I was always meant to be.

D'ya know, I reckon I've got the makings if a good chorus there?

PERVERT

WE'LL see about that!

Yes, WE will! :cool:

PERVERT

Yes?

I'm journeying through the recesses of my mind à la Emily Dickinson, without the talent. Dipped the head in the river Ganges, was imbued with a higher state of consciousness and diarrhoea. The latter part will be excised from my glistening Instagram perfecto ironed out all flaws account. Does my photoshop look big in this? Anyway enough about me, more about me. Barry Egan will be promoting my exceedingly rare smoothie filled with all the flavours of the Orient manufactured in Coolock. Johnny Ronan has first dibs once the private jet receives clearance from an ice floe off Abu Dhabi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Im gonna go MIA for a while, to focus on my manuscript, be good folks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just woke up in the back garden. A bit chilly.

Knowing the stupidity of the Irish in general..I fully expect covid cases to make holidaying, even in Ireland a no-no

Something some people don't get is that we need to live alongside Covid cases or not.

Bedside Second time waking up since 3:30am , the witching hour.....hmmm what could it mean🤔

*Tummy grumbles*

Ahhh 😳

It's times for a cupan Tae and toast with honey 😸😃

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement