Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I got about 2 hours sleep.

I might copy Seph & lash something on netflix.

So sleep deprived I'd nearly have Barry's tea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just picking myself up off the floor after falling out of my chair....
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    So sleep deprived I'd nearly have Barry's tea.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@Grandeeod, the hooch knocked ya out looking for ET, huh?

So the trip is on? Imagine it actually happened!? Could be a grand ol time! :D

Yesterday my housemate reminded me we need tea (Lyons, of course), didn’t get any.. I’ve just realised I’ve no decent Nespresso either. I may have a crisis on my hands!

Goona head for the pier shortly I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Something some people don't get is that we need to live alongside Covid cases or not.

I don't understand Perse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Up and at em. Busy day ahead with lots of gardening work. Make hay while the sun is shining and all that. Got the grass cut yesterday evening. There'll be a lot of hedge cutting today. Need to go and buy a hedge trimmer first though! I'll be like Edward Scissorhands before the day is done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@Grandeeod, the hooch knocked ya out looking for ET, huh?

Yup. One minute I'm gazing at the stars and the next thing I see is a blue sky. The scary part is Mrs G never even noticed I was missing!

The country can’t stop (shutdown again), we can’t stop because of COVID... if people use their brains and follow guidance the numbers should stay low enough that it doesn’t have such an impact that the HSE is over run and other people needing treatment suffer because of people only thinking about themselves and not thinking about others and the choices they make and how they can have effect others. The R number once it goes over 1 (and it has), can take a vertical trajectory very quickly. So people being smart will allow us to live alongside the disease.

She meant if the tap is turned on it's off and if you tie an elastic band around your ankle it's actually your elbow... :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Yup. One minute I'm gazing at the stars and the next thing I see is a blue sky. The scary part is Mrs G never even noticed I was missing!

She musta been comatose buddy. Nothing like an evening with the stars! :D

• Advertisement

The country can’t stop (shutdown again), we can’t stop because of COVID... if people use their brains and follow guidance the numbers should stay low enough that it doesn’t have such an impact that the HSE is over run and other people needing treatment suffer because of people only thinking about themselves and not thinking about others and the choices they make and how they can have effect others. The R number once it goes over 1 (and it has), can take a vertical trajectory very quickly. So people being smart will allow us to live alongside the disease.

But, we have seen in the last 2 weeks that people aren't smart... social distancing is out the window ..cases are creeping up already
    Prof Ruairi Brugha has already called for the immediate closing of pubs as our health workers deserve better ...he's the head of public health in the RCSI..
    The warning signs are there...and if people keep up their current behaviour, we will definitely have another lockdown..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, Nespresso time for me in my hotel jail :):) Hopefully only two more days before i get my wings back again.

@Black Forrest, you have made me regret that we didn’t venture out more while we were in Basel last year, unfortunately this year we are doing our maintenance in Dubai so I have lost the opportunity for now.

Around here we have to live with Covid hence the reason I’m sitting in isolation for two nasal checks before getting released back to work, masks are mandatory, every building has someone at the door checking temperatures, supermarkets are applying the 2 meter rule, sanitising the trolleys before use and giving you gloves if you so desire.

My usual chant of testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch before I leave the house, now has sanitiser included :)

Heading to the gym, they will check my temperature before allowing me inside, the attendant will sanitise each piece of equipment after use and he knows which room we came from, but even then if i see more than two people from outside my company (maybe not tested) I shall leave.

Life with COVID has to go on, we just need to learn to live with it, after all, i never thought that the aim was to eradicate it, but to keep it at levels where the health service can deal with it without getting overwhelmed. I therefore dont see Ireland shutting down again, however I can see isolated cases where maybe bars in Dames Lane get closed down until the realise that they must play by the rules.

But, we have seen in the last 2 weeks that people aren't smart... social distancing is out the window ..cases are creeping up already Prof Ruairi Brugha has already called for the immediate closing of pubs as our health workers deserve better ...he's the head of public health in the RCSI.. The warning signs are there...and if people keep up their current behaviour, we will definitely have another lockdown..

What I can't get my head around is people not wearing masks. Like if you were to actually ask someone, why are you not wearing one? More than likely you would get a ridiculous answer with the gravity of what we're dealing with. I asked a fella in work yesterday was he wearing one and he said no. He's a sound fella and this was just an open chat we were having and he said I guess a lot of Irish people are kind of shy about it. People need to drill it into their heads, at the minimum wear a mask. Wash your hands regularly. And if you wear the right kind of mask it can not only stop you spreading it but it can stop you getting it. There's a good article in the guardian this week explaining all the ins and outs of mask wearing, what's the most sensible type to wear and when to wear etc. The only valid reason for not wearing one is if you have breathing problems.

Sometimes Google memories can throw up a pic that makes you smile and brightens your day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I will wear a surgical mask whenever I’m in public, and will wear an N95 whenever I’m a passenger on a flight or in a large gathering.

The surgical mask is to protect others and the N95 will also offer me some protection but its a bitch to wear these all the time.

My O2 (as tested by Samsung Health) levels drop 6-7% when I’m using the surgical mask, I haven’t tried the N95 yet.

smurfjed wrote:
    The surgical mask is to protect others and the N95 will also offer me some protection but its a bitch to wear these all the time.

As you said these disposable masks that you see some people wearing are useless for protecting yourself. They're only meant to stop a surgeon expelling onto a patient. They've no use for filtering what's coming in. Plus they're harmful to the environment.

What I use is pretty sufficient for protecting you aswell as halting spread. They recommend three layer. Four layer is seven times better but may affect breathability. Use a breathable material for the two outer layers. Mine is 100% cotton with a slit in the side for inserting your filter. Even a folded up piece of kitchen roll as your filter will significantly reduce your risk of contracting while maintaining breathability. You remove this homemade filter and dump to compost when you get home. They do recommend also leaving the likes of n95 to hospital staff as there's a shortage of supply there. That's why they're recommending the cotton three layer with a filter being the middle layer. If you want to be extra stringent about it something like 600 thread count or above would work better. I've no idea of thread count in mine but it's very low I would say. It cost me four Euro in the chemist. Regardless of thread count, with the three layer and homemade filter I'm happy it reduces my chance significantly of contracting or spreading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all, kitchenside with a large coffee.
    Nice day outside:)

Time to get me arse in gear and shower and hit the shops. Have a nice Saturday wherever you are...... right now. :D

Sky reporting that Jack Charlton has passed away :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the park, decided to get up at 7:30 and went for a walk, it now time to brew the sweet stuff ! :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sky reporting that Jack Charlton has passed away :(
    sad loss for ireland, gave me some great memories when i was a kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just awake. Must get Coffee...

Morning.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just awake. Must get Coffee...

Morning.

*slides over a cup of the sweet stuff*

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I have one of the proper masks my CF nurse suggested and some disposable ones. I find it so difficult to breathe in them though, especially trying to walk around. I do my best to wear them if I have to go into a shop.

In the leaba. Someone on the street outside decided to start shouting "you fcuking paedophile" over and over again at 6.30 this morning. I'm not moving today.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I have one of the proper masks my CF nurse suggested and some disposable ones. I find it so difficult to breathe in them though, especially trying to walk around. I do my best to wear them if I have to go into a shop.

In the leaba. Someone on the street outside decided to start shouting "you fcuking paedophile" over and over again at 6.30 this morning. I'm not moving today.

Who else knows you moved ?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Not wanting to perpetuate this discussion as I know there’s other places to discuss, but from my observation it seems to be people in the vulnerable category that get why wearing masks is needed and are wearing them, but while it will help them a bit, sadly it is the other part of the population who need to be wearing them to protect the vulnerable.

Stunning morning here so I am having tea and toast and honey on the verandah*

*aka outside the back door :pac:

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Not wanting to perpetuate this discussion as I know there’s other places to discuss, but from my observation it seems to be people in the vulnerable category that get why wearing masks is needed and are wearing them, but while it will help them a bit, sadly it is the other part of the population who need to be wearing them to protect the vulnerable.

Stunning morning here so I am having tea and toast and honey on the verandah*

*aka outside the back door :pac:

Did someone here give you the idea to have honey on toast poochie :pac:?

Did someone here give you the idea to have honey on toast poochie :pac:?

It must’ve been something in the air because I was munching on my toast when I opened up the thread and saw others were having honey too!

I'm still bedside listening to someone outside cutting the grass, another sign of my laziness, I should probably buy a lawnmower instead of paying someone to do it lol.

Has Mam sneaked off to BF's gaff without us? She's very quiet this morning, surely she's not 'tandeming ' without me.😉

It must’ve been something in the air because I was munching on my toast when I opened up the thread and saw others were having honey too!

It wasn't a lovely fella from cork so that gave you the idea :pac: ?

It wasn't a lovely fella from cork so that gave you the idea :pac: ?

Well do you know it probably was in some subliminal way ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement

Bedside but belly making feed me noises. We have naughty white sliced pan!! The excitement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm still bedside listening to someone outside cutting the grass, another sign of my laziness, I should probably buy a lawnmower instead of paying someone to do it lol.

Has Mam sneaked off to BF's gaff without us? She's very quiet this morning, surely she's not 'tandeming ' without me.😉

Morning Duvet , no sneaking off without you don't worry !
    Back from a walk at the river , no fish though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Learning to do everything with just one hand and the left one at that. Healing nicely and getting spoiled by everyone.

No driving for a few weeks. Longest time not behind the wheel since I was seventeen.

Black Forest paints an idyllic picture, I envy him his lifestyle.

Getting worried about being outside again with lots of people around. Wearing a cotton mask with pocket for filter every where I go.

Hope everyone enjoys the improved weather condition for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What happened to the paw,willow ?

Well do you know it probably was in some subliminal way ;)

😃😸

I have to go out and cut the grass now 😫

I wonder would I manage a little spin to Dundrum. Liffey Valley is closer so perhaps there instead. Dundrum though.

*ponders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Coffeeside looking like a slob again.

It's a sad day chez leg though, the dry weather means I'm going to have to go out and cut the grass. That's one good thing about rain, it gives you a valid reason not to do it. No doubt I'll see weeds everywhere too.

Le sigh.

Coffeeside looking like a slob again.

It's a sad day chez leg though, the dry weather means I'm going to have to go out and cut the grass. That's one good thing about rain, it gives you a valid reason not to do it. No doubt I'll see weeds everywhere too.

Le sigh.

Ah Leg :( Its Saturday. Put your feet up and watch some films. Maybe have nice things to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

cj maxx wrote: »
    What happened to the paw,willow ?

Rotator cuff repair. Ligament completely torn from shoulder. Very lucky to get surgery now as had been due just after lockdown.
    Everything is looking very possitive and I enjoy rude good health otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It wasn't a lovely fella from cork so that gave you the idea ?

Poochie05 wrote:
    Well do you know it probably was in some subliminal way

Are you invading other people's dietary choices.

Having coffee with a few choc hobnobs.

Ah Leg :( Its Saturday. Put your feet up and watch some films. Maybe have nice things to eat.

Ah it's not that bad, I'm just moany and lazy.

I'll just do the few acres in front of the west wing! :cool: :pac:

You need a servant.

You need a servant.

She needs herself a man servant :cool:

She needs herself a man servant

Does said servant provide a bush trimming service?... :D

Some things are best taken care of in private and then presented as if that's the natural state. :p

• Advertisement

Some things are best taken care of in private and then presented as if that's the natural state.

One was very concerned about the lady's garden.... :D

One was very concerned about the lady's garden.... :D

Allow me to your mind at ease, it's very well tended. Not a blade out of place!

I'm going to turn into a crisp one of these days. Someone needs to stop me. In my defence though, I'm fuelling myself for the massive bush trimming bonanza :D

*scratches head*

I guess so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allow me to your mind at ease, it's very well tended. Not a blade out of place!

One never doubted one. Would put the Wimbledon tennis courts to shame I'd say :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement