Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Long night at the coalface but soon time for the skedaddle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

smurfjed wrote: »
    Why on earth did you move to Aberdeen? I moved there when I was 18, lasted two weeks before running home to mammy :)

For a boy of course Smurf. Well I'm just here over a week so let's see if I make it to two :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Because yoooooou're gorgeous, I'd do anything for you...

Happy Sunday! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    For a boy of course Smurf. Well I'm just here over a week so let's see if I make it to two :p

It actually reminded me of something...I was in Brussels a few years ago and was doing the city chocolate tour...these 2 amazing Nordic looking girls were doing it also, so we started talking... turns out they were actually from Aberdeen.
    Panda: "so Aberdeen, nice is it...green hills... football.. lovely area?"
    Aberdeen lass "nah, stinks of oil, fish & shíte"

I give you a month! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside

Sunday Morning, time to brew the sweet stuff :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Sowing the seeds of love, the seeds of love, sowing the seeds....

There's another earworm for ye now.
    p.s love yourselves. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Home, couch, bed shortly, see ye in the next cartoon ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Home, couch, bed shortly, see ye in the next cartoon ;)

*sprinkles fairy sleepy dust on gremlin*

Sweet dreams ;) me and brother tedo will hold the fort down :cool:

How are all the crazies?

I'm sitting up in bed while the greatest man in the world sleeps in the next room. Too sicky to share a bed BUT I am down to just panadol now.
    Praise Be. Could this be the beginning of a new dawn??

Looking at the behaviour of people over this weekend i would not be surprised, however i'll get out to one or two places i know and trust in the next few days at totally off peak time, sorted..
    I honestly thought you had already bought a bed :o

It is most unnatural for humans to not have choice and be forced to live within very narrow confines. It's not sustainable. I do keep a positive slant though. It does no good to assume we are headed for doomsville.

I was doing off peak for places like Penneys but then realised I would do that anyway because I have more comfort when it's a quieter time. I'm lucky in that I've always loved isolated places and would hate to be on a crowded beach. Yuck. I'm also lucky I have no irrational anxiety around Covid.

I do feel sad for those who love the likes of a crowded beach but are scared to go. I feel sad for people who love to travel as well, for people who love concerts and big sporting events. Their way of being taken from them. Ah it's terrible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) it’s a beautiful sunny morning here :)

Who’s making the brekkie :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :) it’s a beautiful sunny morning here :)

Who’s making the brekkie :D

I believe you are auto :D

Waiting table side for breakfast :pac:

I believe you are auto :D

Waiting table side for breakfast :pac:

You’ll be waiting awhile so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from a 24 hour duty, I'm on a second wind so just waiting for sleep to come sweeping over me to take me to the sack.. I'm fairly bolloxed but wide awake too (shift workers will get me).

Haven't been through the thread in two days, but I chanced upon someone who's wife is starting Chemo in two weeks. Its been on my mind but can't find the post now (the thread moves very fast and boards.ie has the worst search engine in the world).

But that poster, you've been on my mind throughout my duty. As sick and poorly as my daughter is, nothing we're going through compares to you and your wifes battle. Best of luck, genuinely and from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the very best.

Right, bed is calling but listening to The Velvet Underground and can't drag myself away from Spotify.

Planning on being on the beach for around 3pm for a swim, I'd wanted a run and swim but I wore rough socks on a run two days ago and I've a whopper of a blister so I'm not running today.

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just made some french toast, who wants a slice?

Morning wherers have a great Sunday :)

Poochie05 wrote: »

Morning wherers have a great Sunday :)

Ahh cheers poochie :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5691489

Poochie05 wrote: »

Just still stuffed two hours after a big army fry up for breakfast :pac:

Drive to the carwash place and they're closed so home and couchside, I love driving on a Sunday morning when the roads are quiet, Don Henley is my passenger these days,I seem to go weeks listening to the same CD but I think it's time for some Fleetwood Mac next, does anyone else still listen to CDs or are ye all gone modern?😛

Ahh cheers poochie :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5691489

Hmmm interesting :D

• Advertisement

Drive to the carwash place and they're closed so home and couchside, I love driving on a Sunday morning when the roads are quiet, Don Henley is my passenger these days,I seem to go weeks listening to the same CD but I think it's time for some Fleetwood Mac next, does anyone else still listen to CDs or are ye all gone modern?😛

Still love listening to cd’s :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Mak

You can always use google to search boards as follows:

“Buzz word site:boards.ie”

Autosport wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting :D

Isnt it just, he's trimming ladys gardens now as well Auto, its shocking, and he used to be such a lovely fella.

Where is Jack's Mickey post?? :D

Where is Jack's Mickey post?? :D

On someone's plate ...not mine. 😉

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Drive to the carwash place and they're closed so home and couchside, I love driving on a Sunday morning when the roads are quiet, Don Henley is my passenger these days,I seem to go weeks listening to the same CD but I think it's time for some Fleetwood Mac next, does anyone else still listen to CDs or are ye all gone modern?��

Oh yes, I love my CDs <whispers>and my DVDs.Not in the car, obviously :D

I do the very same, play the same CD in the car for ages.

• Advertisement

On someone's plate ...not mine. 😉

:D

Oh yes, I love my CDs <whispers>and my DVDs.Not in the car, obviously :D

I do the very same, play the same CD in the car for ages.

I just listen to the same few songs on each CD also, my go to at the moment is Everybody knows that the dice are Loaded, it's on loop in my head since I came home, I need to get a life lol.

I just listen to the same few songs on each CD also, my go to at the moment is Everybody knows that the dice are Loaded, it's on loop in my head since I came home, I need to get a life lol.

Me too and before music was as accessible as it is now I would have bought a CD just for one song :D

Me too and before music was as accessible as it is now I would have bought a CD just for one song :D

I did that very recently, a favourite poster of mine who seems to no longer post recommended the Humpty Dumpty Love Song by Travis, I couldn't find the CD anywhere, anyway I was in Dealz a few months ago and there it was for 1.50...happy days,I play the song regularly when I need a good oul cry, it's just gorgeous.

I did that very recently, a favourite poster of mine who seems to no longer post recommended the Humpty Dumpty Love Song by Travis, I couldn't find the CD anywhere, anyway I was in Dealz a few months ago and there it was for 1.50...happy days,I play the song regularly when I need a good oul cry, it's just gorgeous.

I'm off to Spotify now Duvet to have a listen :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling in the lobby of the hotel on my phone. Weather has taken a turn so will be taking it very easy today after the big drives out to Achill and Connemara over the past two days.

Home tomorrow and back to the coalface on Tues - all good things must come to an end. So will enjoy today and get back into the novel I'm reading ATM.

Happy Sunday all! :)

Heading Wesht..😉

Jack's deleted post has inspired me in an entrepreneurial way!

Some kind of bartering system involving food and our erm intimate needs :p

So all those sliding plates over get something special in return :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just listened to it, I love it. Will be paying a trip to Dealz soon, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just listened to it, I love it. Will be paying a trip to Dealz soon, hopefully.

Had a listen. Didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. The search for the ultimate broken heart song continues for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I love cd's too , different music for different moods, nothing better than driving with the volume up high , blasting away !

Corona test 16 done, these things are becoming a PITA, if they come back inconclusive we have to wait for two more tests to get released.

We have our first European trip tomorrow since March, not for me but it’s nice to see them return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just finished weekly zoom call with some pals.
    We don’t see each other that regularly as we live in four different corners of the country so nice that we are keeping this up.

At a crossroads now for the direction of the day, start some work in the garden, those hedges aren going to trim themselves, or kick back and start my book

Tough choice, but book it is. And if you think I gave that more than a moment’s thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Jack's deleted post has inspired me in an entrepreneurial way!

Some kind of bartering system involving food and our erm intimate needs :p

So all those sliding plates over get something special in return :D

Sausage rolls all around?

Sausage rolls all around?

"Sausage rolls" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Heading Wesht..😉

Heading south here
    Last piss stop out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Loin of pork in the oven. Beer chilling in the fridge. Watching crap on the telly before embarking on a food and drink fest. Fook it.

@Mak

You can always use google to search boards as follows:

“Buzz word site:boards.ie”

I do sometimes, didn't this time but even using Google to search boards is a bit of a bummer. It beats me how this search engine is so bad.

However, I'm awake and heading out (but still very tired) and hoping that a little apple tart and coffee will give me a boost :)

Later, a box of Hop House 13 and BBQ

At home

Watching hurling, having a cup of tea and swiss roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Was planning sitting outside with a newspaper and coffee but crikey it's cold again.
    Our summer is slipping away folks :(

To thine own self be true

Top Gun 1 has just shown up in my Amazon Prime..... gotta gotta gotta watch it :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Top Gun 1 has just shown up in my Amazon Prime..... gotta gotta gotta watch it :):):)

Do you feel the need? The need for.... speed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have a bit more comfort you watching that over Leslie Nielsen in Airplane.

:D

Haven't moved from couch side 11 besides getting food. Can't see the rest of day changing too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Haven't moved from couch side 11 besides getting food. Can't see the rest of day changing too much.

How I envy you sir....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

RMAOK wrote: »
    How I envy you sir....

Should have read since 11.

It is a rare opportunity to do nothing, going to embrace it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement