Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I may be drunk and watching Malcolm in the Middle in bed :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@RMAOK, get my wings back tomorrow, so my need will be satisfied :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I may be drunk and watching Malcolm in the Middle in bed :p

Yea you would need alcohol to cope with that alright

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Very restless and unsettled today. Anyone got a good cure for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Haven't been through the thread in two days, but I chanced upon someone who's wife is starting Chemo in two weeks. Its been on my mind but can't find the post now (the thread moves very fast and boards.ie has the worst search engine in the world).

But that poster, you've been on my mind throughout my duty. As sick and poorly as my daughter is, nothing we're going through compares to you and your wifes battle. Best of luck, genuinely and from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the very best.

:)

If it's the post I think it is, it's their work wife.... So close colleague..... Still sh1t but not immediate family.

Just finished washing the walls down after stripping wallpaper off.... They are still feckin tacky, going to have to sand them..... Grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Isnt it just, he's trimming ladys gardens now as well Auto, its shocking, and he used to be such a lovely fella.

ColorfulRewardingIndigobunting-small.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

If it's the post I think it is, it's their work wife.... So close colleague..... Still sh1t but not immediate family.

Just finished washing the walls down after stripping wallpaper off.... They are still feckin tacky, going to have to sand them..... Grrrrr

Oh crap... sorry...I didn't see Mak's post at all... not my wife. We've known each other for 20 years, worked together for 5 of those and my closest female friend... but not actually married.. apologies if i didn't make that clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seph , you're a shocking flirt :pac:

Home , drained , one thing I've learned in life is **** happens so I try make the most of every day .
    (Just a general observation, nothing bad happened today :) )

ETA,

Jack , think we posted at the same time , my post reads badly now beneath yours , it was in no way a reflection on your post .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Le trundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G is in the TV lounge. Ms G is in her own mission control. I think I'm in the spaceship but they don't know yet. Dinner was nice. Beers are good too. A chilled out Sunday. Seriously chilled out.

giphy.gif

Just realised that the GIF looks more like a sperm racing for the egg than the rocketship I intended. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looks like a spaceship lollipop to me

Them wings would cut the beak off ya :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching Stardust. Fook me it was some shambles and nobody did jail time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've tried to catch up but there seems to be missing posts (although some are quoted) so I'm a bit lost!

I'm also very bored, a bit of excitement would be lovely.

It feels like a copious amounts of tea kinda day

My child is on a 4 flush poo.... think she's glutened herself :)

How proud are you???

Congratulations?

It feels like a smashing the gaff up kinda day here. Will just have to wait for it to pass. I'm off to cuddle a cat or two to see if that will ease it.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It feels like a smashing the gaff up kinda day here. Will just have to wait for it to pass. I'm off to cuddle a cat or two to see if that will ease it.

I pondered the whole wreck the gaff buzz but i'm tired and sore so feck that

How proud are you???

You know...it's not her record ;)

• Advertisement

You know...it's not her record ;)

Have you has to resort to emptying a bucket from a height?

Smash the gaff!! Let loose....or just throw pillows at cats

At least she's flushing a few times, lads seem to think flush once and walk away is sufficient when it's usually not 🀮

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Had a bottle of wine....then had a McDonalds, so tired and fullllll

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Had a bottle of wine....then had a McDonalds, so tired and fullllll

I refuse to believe macdonalds can make a person feel full :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

So so tired and cant give any more

Tea? Feck

Have you has to resort to emptying a bucket from a height?

I've had to plunge free a toilet many, many times

fr336 wrote: »
    Tea? Feck

Fancy a cuppa? :)

• Advertisement

Fancy a cuppa? :)

Ah go on then mrs doyle

fr336 wrote: »
    Ah go on then mrs doyle

Hup outta that :D A few choccy biscuits an all. Ya will, ya will

Hup outta that :D A few choccy biscuits an all. Ya will, ya will

Theres cocaine in it...oh no, not cocaine...raisins.

It's an easy mistake to make :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A few choccy biscuits an all. Ya will, ya will

Oh I will, I will :pac:

It's an easy mistake to make :P

Those raisins, dangerous stuff altogether

• Advertisement

Oh I will, I will :pac:

Our resident raccoon makes a not so surprising appearance :P

Our resident raccoon makes a not so surprising appearance :P

Did I see you were making the tae as well :pac:

Did I see you were making the tae as well :pac:

You saw nuttin

I haven't had booze in a week. I thought Covid had turned me in to an alcoholic but it hasn't!!
    :D

I've just done something I swore I'd never do. I've reactivated my Facebook account after 10 years. I have to start reconnecting with people. Trouble is, I don't actually know how to use the thing properly (I was only on it for about 6 weeks in the first place) and anything I have found has just made me really sad. I'm wary about looking people up after such a long time and having people think I'm creeping on them online. And what would I say? I've put in a request for a friends group for my Alma Mater- would it be weird to have a post on my profile page saying I was looking to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think your best bet is just to send friend requests. I doubt anyone will question you rejoining or sending the request, but all you have to say is the lock down prompted you as real life meet ups aren't possible.

I've just done something I swore I'd never do. I've reactivated my Facebook account after 10 years. I have to start reconnecting with people. Trouble is, I don't actually know how to use the thing properly (I was only on it for about 6 weeks in the first place) and anything I have found has just made me really sad. I'm wary about looking people up after such a long time and having people think I'm creeping on them online. And what would I say? I've put in a request for a friends group for my Alma Mater- would it be weird to have a post on my profile page saying I was looking to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances?

Be careful.. Facebook is a funny place at the moment...it's full of right wing nutters covid conspiracy theorists...anti vax etc
    Look up your school mates...send a few requests... follow a newspaper, or radio station... join a local Facebook discussion group and connect with people.
    Or just troll the living fck out of everyone..that works too...err I hear

Is there anyone Sardi you could text and meet for a coffee? We can meet people and keep a distance from them.
    If there are particular people you would like to re-connect with then Facebook could help with that. I'd mind yourself on it though and limit your use to purely using it to get in touch with people.

Is there anyone Sardi you could text and meet for a coffee? We can meet people and keep a distance from them.
    If there are particular people you would like to re-connect with then Facebook could help with that. I'd mind yourself on it though and limit your use to purely using it to get in touch with people.

No. No one I could meet up with.

I think I'd like to reconnect with some people but wouldn't have a clue what to say.

Think I'll leave it. I've got a feeling the venture would crush me, TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky , lord haven't heard it in years but such a great song , my bedtime music :)

Hmm. I think a post of mine has been deleted. I don't like that.

Erm. Maybe I drunk on fizz.

As you all were!!

:D

Hmm. I think a post of mine has been deleted. I don't like that.

I've been noticing posts disappearing, too.

I've been noticing posts disappearing, too.

I think I have the DT's :D

I think I have the DT's :D

So, what's my excuse?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement