Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hopefully from the 20th you can get your "meals" without the pretence.

I have a helluva appetite!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Even if it was tea it looks weak as all heck.. Off to make myself a proper cuppa now. :p

The only kind of tea you get with lyons is weak tea :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hopefully from the 20th you can get your "meals" without the pretence.

I'd be far more keen to get adult day services open again. For the user's and their clients, this is imperative. We've been locked in for months, conditions deteriorating and mental and in many cases, physical health of carers suffering. No official guidelines to the service providers about how to reinstate services safely or when. No idea when I can get a break, never mind a 'meal' and thousands of others like me but in much more taxing situations. I took to my bed yesterday, outside of providing meals. At least I was fortunate enough to indulge in a wallow. What about those who provide hands on care all day every day, often through the night? When will our needs become a priority in this crisis?

/rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'd be far more keen to get adult day services open again. For the user's and their clients, this is imperative. We've been locked in for months, conditions deteriorating and mental and in many cases, physical health of carers suffering. No official guidelines to the service providers about how to reinstate services safely or when. No idea when I can get a break, never mind a 'meal' and thousands of others like me but in much more taxing situations. I took to my bed yesterday, outside of providing meals. At least I was fortunate enough to indulge in a wallow. What about those who provide hands on care all day every day, often through the night? When will our needs become a priority in this crisis?

/rant over

Ah Sardi, I know it's an awful situation for you. Lobby groups work for other sectors and governments have always been happy to let carers carry the burden with very little practical or financial assistance.

Are you in contact with other carers at all? All I can suggest is you hound local TDs, contact local and national media and shame them into response.

It's difficult to muster up the energy for that and it might not work, but if enough carers do it for long enough it might help in the future.

I hope my post didn't come across like I was bitchin' about people missing their few jars! I'm not at all. Please go for it and enjoy it while you can, and have one for me and make it a double.

My gripe is with our government's priorities, not with people needing to get out and have a bit of much needed craic. Not the thread for it, so apologies.

I hope my post didn't come across like I was bitchin' about people missing their few jars! I'm not at all. Please go for it and enjoy it while you can, and have one for me and make it a double.

My gripe is with our government's priorities, not with people needing to get out and have a bit of much needed craic. Not the thread for it, so apologies.
    It didn't, and you should vent.

Your life is on hold and the government has washed their hands of this for years. I'd be angry about it if I was in your position.

/rant over

The sad thing is the needs of carers were never a priority even before the crisis and probably less so now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitchenside it's time to pour the sweet stuff

IMG20200714092757.jpg

I see instant coffee in the background there too !!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Apparently, that's 'brown sugar' . Ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And they have removed the word gullible from the dictionary too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My car has to go into sick bay in the morning, poor thing .
    It's looking very lonely sitting out in the yard , no exercise today for it either , nor music to cheer it up .
    On the bright side the rain will have it clean :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    My car has to go into sick bay in the morning, poor thing .
    It's looking very lonely sitting out in the yard , no exercise today for it either , nor music to cheer it up .
    On the bright side the rain will have it clean :pac:

Sure, squirt a drop of herbal essences on the roof. It'll be gleaming and the aroma, if one is to believe the ads, has a certain 'envigorating' affect.

Sure, squirt a drop of herbal essences on the roof. It'll be gleaming and the aroma, if one is to believe the ads, has a certain 'envigorating' affect.

Oh it needs no envigorating believe me , I could drive it but safest option not to tbh !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Slobbing lazily on couch. Latest new pain is hips, can't stay in bed. Tea and netflix

Bolognese simmering aromatically, spahggy boiling enthusiastically, belly knows it's on a promise and is rumbling in sweet anticipation. Life is good and about to get a whole lother better. Nommy, nommy nom, nom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yippee... back to work tomorrow :):) First time outside this hotel in 9 days and first time to actually work in about 42 days :):) (Unless you wanna count sitting in 5* hotels eating room service as work :))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and chocolate

You see nothing brother tedo.....

tenor.gif?itemid=5199308

No apparently about it Sardi, it is....
    And they have removed the word gullible from the dictionary too.

When they took it out they replaced with a picture of brother tedo :pac:

🤣😸

That's one miserable fecking evening , it's like Autumn , fire lit and I have mushy peas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Having the laziest day ever, I haven't done a tap. The highlight of my day was a bath mat arriving that has a space ship on it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

smurfjed wrote: »
    Yippee... back to work tomorrow :):) First time outside this hotel in 9 days and first time to actually work in about 42 days :):) (Unless you wanna count sitting in 5* hotels eating room service as work :))

Smurf may I ask what do you do? I know your username well from the aviation forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home after a nice meal. Am fit for bed but am a tad too young to be throwing the towel in like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Having the laziest day ever, I haven't done a tap. The highlight of my day was a bath mat arriving that has a space ship on it :p

That's a pretty wild event by current standards, leave some of the excitement for the rest of us! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Phoenix32 wrote: »

I'm filled with so many questions.

Is it a non slip mat for inside the bath, or is it a fluffy one for the floor after getting out bath.
    Secondly, is it a Mars Attacks style space ship, x-files ufo type or star trek/wars type.
    Can you buy a matching shower curtain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Is it a non slip mat for inside the bath, or is it a fluffy one for the floor after getting out bath.
    Secondly, is it a Mars Attacks style space ship, x-files ufo type or star trek/wars type.

That's some amount of thinking :D

I need to know these things, too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's some amount of thinking :D

I haven't even gotten to frills and shape, they are obviously dependent on it being a floor mat.....could there by a frilly non slip bath mat for the tub out there?

I need to know these things, too!

Are you also wondering if it's a good shag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I haven't even gotten to frills and shape, they are obviously dependent on it being a floor mat.....could there by a frilly non slip bath mat for the tub out there?

Cracking up :D

Are you also wondering if it's a good shag?

THE most important thing to take into consideration.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hahaha ffs. Suppose if it's a good shag rug it will save on the burnt knees...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Been a long time since I bought a good shag

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Wonder no more! :D

That's quite a good shag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't figure out which way is up on the shag.

To thine own self be true

I can't figure out which way is up on the shag.

Sign of a quality shag, that.

Sign of a quality shag, that.

I've auto rotated but still none the wiser.

I've auto rotated but still none the wiser.

I love it when that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Back home..I'm stuffed...bar was lovely ..no issues at all with distancing ..very enjoyable and the Last Supper was enjoyed by us both :D

Feet up....finished at last

• Advertisement

Barry Cowan sacked....let the merry go round begin!

Gway, really?.

The biggest surprise is how he thought it would all go away.

Gway, really?.

Yep ..got the vote of confidence from Martin earlier today....kiss of death that was :)

Delighted. Prick. Ran a greyhound track. Supported puppy farms.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, just woken up from a much-needed nap after a very busy day at online exam board meetings.

Now...what to make for a very late dinner?

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Bedside, just woken up from a much-needed nap after a very busy day at online exam board meetings.

Carb heavy for more sleep ;)

JupiterKid wrote: »

Omelette, "baked" potatoes in the microwave and your choice of side. Or a takeaway.

Deskside with a cupan tae and bacon fries.

I'm feeling ill. Made my own pesto dressing for dinner with tagliatelle. Put too much olive oil in. I can still taste the oil :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At home wishing I could go too a pub

Positive thinking its only another week or so before this min €9 meal bollocks is gone. Think there will still be a few restrictions but will be easier to make a night of it

Can see late bars/nightclubs not returning till the end of the year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement