Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Watching the Molly Bloom film. God, Idris Elba is divine. Jessica Chastain is an excellent actress.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

[quote="Purple Mountain;114046914" God, Idris Elba is divine. [/quote]

Amen.

Still couldn't be induced to watch Luther, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

kowloon wrote: »
    Got a call earlier to tell me I was negative, I clearly need to try harder.

A blase kind of attitude you have there and I say that as someone who had a cousin (and her husband) diagnosed positive today unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The glitch returns :rolleyes: :(

Edit: just happening for one post for now

Already?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Delighted you said it , I was afraid to in case I got blamed for it again :pac:

GoneHome wrote: »
    A blase kind of attitude you have there and I say that as someone who had a cousin (and her husband) diagnosed positive today unfortunately

I think that's more a reflection of his sense of humour than his attitude. Kowloon has posted openly about his own health issues.

I hope your cousin and her husband make a full recovery, it's a worrying time for you all.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Delighted you said it , I was afraid to in case I got blamed for it again :pac:

Well it's usually one of us! Give it a page or 2 and it will take several posts for the next page to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ah, ****, no insult intended, I take this Covid stuff seriously as I'm in the high risk group.

• Advertisement

She'll carry on through it all
    She's a waterfall

Inspirational /motivational earworm there for ye.

Ah, ****, no insult intended, I take this Covid stuff seriously as I'm in the high risk group.

No intended insult taken, it's all a bit raw with what we went through today with the story of the relation and still dealing with it to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Heading to bed after watching Liverpool lose and not giving a ****e as the title is done and dusted. Just have to kick the two rug rats out of the bed and sleep, lovely sleep !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Had a sh*t run and a sh*t swim this evening, I'm totally exhausted and my sleep pattern is screwed.

Looking at the last episode of Power and can't wait for it to finish.

Nothing much more than that, heading to bed shortly.

I'd love to be focusing on a Judo competition, but they're all off this year but thinking of a sprint triathlon in August - something to keep me going until I can fight again.

Staycation is on the card this year, Limerick, Belfast or Galway?.. I love Limerick and Belfast but due a Galway visit too, decisions.

I love Belfast but maybe that's because we live near Limerick. Galway is good too but can seem a bit same oul same oul. Of the three I'd pick Belfast

I love Belfast but maybe that's because we live near Limerick. Galway is good too but can seem a bit same oul same oul. Of the three I'd pick Belfast

Pubs are open as normal in Belfast so not sure if it's the safest at the moment.

Would you consider Mayo, Kerry or Clare, Mak? Nicer scenery and plenty of beaches to choose from.

• Advertisement

Pubs are open as normal in Belfast so not sure if it's the safest at the moment.

Would you consider Mayo, Kerry or Clare, Mak? Nicer scenery and plenty of beaches to choose from.

Good point Leg, he sounds like an off the bitten track kinda guy, in that case I can recommend South Kerry, beautiful off the beaten track but don't go near Dingle because it's a tourist trap.

Good point Leg, he sounds like an off the bitten track kinda guy, in that case I can recommend South Kerry, beautiful off the beaten track but don't go near Dingle because it's a tourist trap.
    I'd be worried about Belfast because his daughter is high risk, social distancing etc are likely to be forgotten if pubs are back to normal.

Kerry is always worth a visit though!

Maybe wait til the current cluster is gone from here. Confirmed cases in Caherciveen at the moment and the whole county is swarming with UK registered cars and American tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hiiiiiiii! :)

Listening to Paris by the Chainsmokers. Baby Widders likes it.(not here yet!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, problem with going to bed early is that you wake up before sunrise :)

Wondering what excitement today will bring :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You working today?

Must admit I'm kinda glad the pubs stay closed, looks like the best way to help prevent further damage..

Not working :) so did my 5km walk, hour in the gym and now sitting beside the pool where it’s 39C and rising :)

As for the pubs, I think that there is a big difference between massive Dublin pubs and small country pubs that are part of the local community. For me, a sensible approach would have allowed the country pubs to open for regulars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Must admit I'm kinda glad the pubs stay closed, looks like the best way to help prevent further damage..

Can still go for a 9 euro bowl of chicken wings and 4 pints anyway I suppose so yeah it is what it is, just gotta get on with it. It's the social side of it that I miss, just chatting to people when ya fancy nipping out on a Friday night or whatever.

Absolutely delay the opening of the pubs but then prevent international travel in and out as well and come up with some strategy to prevent people gathering at house parties. After all come the 10th of August Covid 19 will have disappeared thanks to many buying a €9 meal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

In a lovely midlands hostelry having a meal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In a lovely midlands hostelry having a meal :)

lucky git! I'm in work having cheese and tomato on crackers :D

Waiting on a cheesy toastie, sans tomatoes.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Waiting on a cheesy toastie, sans tomatoes.

I'm going in for a second one...

I'm going in for a second one...

Sardi :D

• Advertisement

What can I say? That post struck a chord. A chord deep in my cheese luvin belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Re the suggestions for visiting Kerry, stunning place. Belfast and staycations in reality I won't be traveling anywhere this year. I told my daughter when she's better we'll do the Wild Atlantic Way on my motorbike.

I've been to Galway so many times I'm nearly picking up an accident lol, I have some great friends in two Judo clubs out there who I visit a few times a year.. Imagine visiting mates just to bash each other up (I'm usually the one who comes off worse).

So today, working (lunch time at the moment). Can't bloody wait to get home, I'm fecking exhausted, mentally and physically. Its been a tough few weeks.

I'm resting from training for a few days, although I'll probably go for a cycle tomorrow and walks on the beach are always brilliant

I took this photo after last nights swim

520073.jpg

Why would I not want to spend time here :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Psych outpatients, mask on,sweating profusely :o

Psych outpatients, mask on,sweating profusely :o

Hopefully not too much of a wait and a productive visit, Gremy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Playing a round of Pitch and Toss with the lads,while waiting on a delivery.

Hopefully not too much of a wait and a productive visit, Gremy.

Usual, poor ould reg doc on rotation who didn't know anyone, got my script and in again in three months :rolleyes:

Usual, poor ould reg doc on rotation who didn't know anyone, got my script and in again in three months :rolleyes:

I've often wondered what the point if these farcical outpatient consultations are for. Surely, a comprehensive update from a GP would suffice if no change of treatment is warranted. An actual, physical consultation if a condition is no longer stable would free up time and resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like driving in my car , beep beep beep beep ..

Nice earworm for ye there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I like driving in my car , beep beep beep beep ..

Nice earworm for ye there :p

The wheels on the car go round & round ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a purple snack and a cupan tae

Werk werk werk werk. A bad woman's work is never done.

This morning in Casa Persepoly:
    Daddy - I'm going to cut the grass and the edges
    Me - Would you not be better off taking it handy?
    Daddy - I'm not an invalid!
    Me - I'm going now daddy are you ok?
    Daddy - I'm ok but a bit dizzy.

For Jaysus sake. Your heart would be broke with auld ones.

:D

Hedges not edges :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

For Jaysus sake. Your heart would be broke with auld ones.

:D

Stop would ya what!

Still deskside waiting on a call from the doctor to get an appointment.

I've often wondered what the point if these farcical outpatient consultations are for. Surely, a comprehensive update from a GP would suffice if no change of treatment is warranted. An actual, physical consultation if a condition is no longer stable would free up time and resources.

It's the only way to sort out a script long term as my doc would want psych reviews to continue with the meds I'm on..

It's the only way to sort out a script long term as my doc would want psych reviews to continue with the meds I'm on..

Are the rules still strict despite Covid messing up all the appointments?

• Advertisement

Are the rules still strict despite Covid messing up all the appointments?

Masks and screens in place, a lot of appointments were done over the phone and scripts emailed to doctor or pharmacy..

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I feel totally deflated and exhausted. Like someone threw me down a well with a load of bricks, physically and mentally. It's my birthday on Tuesday and I think it will be a very lonely birthday.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I feel totally deflated and exhausted. Like someone threw me down a well with a load of bricks, physically and mentally. It's my birthday on Tuesday and I think it will be a very lonely birthday.

How so Phoenix? Has something happened or is the recent massive change taking its toll, do you think? Sometimes even really positive changes can take time to process and can be overwhelming and destabilising for a while. Whatever it is, take it nice and easy on yourself.

*Hugs, of the squishy booby variety *

My GP sends the prescriptions directly to the pharmacy now, a few other bits like that have changed that make things a little easier.

My GP sends the prescriptions directly to the pharmacy now, a few other bits like that have changed that make things a little easier.

I can't understand why this wasn't the norm for years unless an examination/review was needed.

Phoenix I hope you feel better soon and your birthday is better than expected.

Drinking tea and looking at washing going around in the washing machine, it's what passes as entertainment now. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement