Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I like boring ice cream, a bit of raspberry ripple or neopolitan, none of that fancy Haagen Daz for me, that's for people with notions! :cool:
    Very 70s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Very 70s!

A bit of Angel Delight or Artic Roll if you're feeling fancy.

Wash it down with Blue Nun or Black Tower if you want to impress the distant relatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I like boring ice cream, a bit of raspberry ripple or neopolitan, none of that fancy Haagen Daz for me, that's for people with notions! :cool:

It's all about the Ben & Jerry's now, with their mad flavours like Congealed Gravy and Wasps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Old school.

kowloon wrote: »
    It's all about the Ben & Jerry's now, with their mad flavours like Congealed Gravy and Wasps.
    In fairness, thats what most ice cream in blocks tasted like in the 70s. We knew no betterl

• Advertisement

Ewww. You are all so old.

:pac:

In fairness, thats what most ice cream in blocks tasted like in the 70s. We knew no betterl

We did! We had banned additives and colouring, you couldn't have a birthday party, communion or confirmation without leaving like a space cadet on crack.

What a time to be alive!

Ewww. You are all so old.

:pac:
    Yeah well, some of us still have all our teeth.

Suck on that one, Perse, we'll be kind and won't ask you to chew!

:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thinking of getting to bed in the next few mins, which is pretty early for me these days. But to be honest, I’m feeling quite low and melancholy this evening. :(

Nothing is actually wrong - I have my health, my sobriety, my job, my loving partner, my hobbies and I’m back swimming, but perhaps it’s because the last two months I was very upbeat, positive, productive and energetic that I was bound to “crash” at some point...

I crashed in the last few weeks, Jupiter, the last 2 dry, bright days have lifted my mood. Out in the sunshine with ya and get moving! It will pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Thinking of getting to bed in the next few mins, which is pretty early for me these days. But to be honest, I’m feeling quite low and melancholy this evening. :(

Nothing is actually wrong - I have my health, my sobriety, my job, my loving partner, my hobbies and I’m back swimming, but perhaps it’s because the last two months I was very upbeat, positive, productive and energetic that I was bound to “crash” at some point...

I think a lot of us are feeling that way recently...it's been an emotional few months to put it mildly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hello all,

just a quick hello while I'm passing through

Hope you're all behaving yourselves ;)

Bedside, this week has been a total write off, only managed one of my meetings :( Hopefully next week will be better

hello all,

just a quick hello while I'm passing through

Hope you're all behaving yourselves ;)

Bedside, this week has been a total write off, only managed one of my meetings :( Hopefully next week will be better

Don't sweat it, you have a project to work on and you'll get there.

We did! We had banned additives and colouring, you couldn't have a birthday party, communion or confirmation without leaving like a space cadet on crack.

What a time to be alive!

Ah yes, the memories! Whenever I hear someone spout the 'sugar is the devil' nonsense i remind them I'm from the generation who's entire childhood diet consisted of nothng but sugar and salt and methamphetamine enchanced sweeties. Between what were fed and the total lack of adult supervision during daylight hours outside of school its a miracle any 70s kids are still around.

'I'm going out now, Mum'
    'OK, run to the shop and get me my fags and buy yourself some sweets with the change, 6 year old daughter'
    'Can I get that luminous orange powder that fizzes when you pour it onto your tongue, turns your pee blue and makes you see two of everything for three hours after?'
    'I dont care what you get, just hurry up and get my fags - and don't take all day crossing that main road!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Glass of Bushmills and listening to the online Pikeville PD scanner,one of my old haunts in America.I'm strange like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Glass of Bushmills and listening to the online Pikeville PD scanner,one of my old haunts in America.I'm strange like that.

I like Black Bush, and I don't even mean that in the way most of you will take it.

Ah yes, the memories! Whenever I hear someone spout the 'sugar is the devil' nonsense i remind them I'm from the generation who's entire childhood diet consisted of nothng but sugar and salt and methamphetamine enchanced sweeties. Between what were fed and the total lack of adult supervision during daylight hours outside of school its a miracle any 70s kids are still around.

'I'm going out now, Mum'
    'OK, run to the shop and get me my fags and buy yourself some sweets with the change, 6 year old daughter'
    'Can I get that luminous orange powder that fizzes when you pour it onto your tongue, turns your pee blue and makes you see two of everything for three hours after?'
    'I dont care what you get, just hurry up and get my fags - and don't take all day crossing that main road!'
    When you did eventually come home, later after the fag run, you got the side eye and a "You must be hungry" before you were given a jam sandwich.

I like Black Bush, and I don't even mean that in the way most of you will take it.

Do you mean 'blondes'? :p

Ohh, la dee dah! (see my previous post about edible luminous orange powder)

We're really on that 70s vibe, tonight, aren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

Couchside, feeling damn chuffed. I did manage to bag quite a few shots of Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise after all, despite some clouds :P

I've attached a few of them so you can see stars without having to go to the pub :P :P

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil.... cool photos :):):)

Just got the results for my 17th COVID test, negative again, but this is one competition that i dont wanna win :):)

Nespresso, walking, gym and pool time, cya :)

My direct boss flew back to base yesterday, he is 30 days away from retirement after 42 years with this company. I wonder how many people joining companies today will be able to look back and say the same thing :)

40 degrees Celsius. . Who needs a sauna :)

Suck on that one, Perse, we'll be kind and won't ask you to chew!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Don't mind them Perse, there's nothing wrong with eating yer lunch through a straw!
    Plus look at all the dosh you're gonna save on toothpaste! :pac:

smurfjed wrote: »
    40 degrees Celsius. . Who needs a sauna :)

I do!!!! I do!!

What do you think ?

520187.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

Now that’s what I call commuting in style! Your new ride, smurfjed?

Deskside, tired as hell after staying up late yesterday. Can someone fast forward to 6PM?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I went and got some better photos of it :)

520194.jpeg

Dubai World airport used them as a ramp vehicle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home in the home office/study/spare room, feeling much better today than yesterday evening when I was on a downer.

A few bits and pieces of work-related stuff to tie up for the weekend and then planning to do a bit of art later on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter, good to hear..

Sat on couch doing not a feckin thing.

Coffeeside looking out at the rain and the wet grass that needs to be cut. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting anxious about the increase in numbers and the R rate, I don't want another lock down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

smurfjed wrote: »
    I went and got some better photos of it :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=520194&d=1594983381

Dubai World airport used them as a ramp vehicle.

I wouldn't be gone on that kind of two tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Coffeeside looking out at the rain and the wet grass that needs to be cut. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting anxious about the increase in numbers and the R rate, I don't want another lock down.

I am not really feeling anxious about it but am enjoying the freedom that we have nowadays compared to back in April.

I think in the medium terms a few people will ruin it for the rest of us. Some people you see out and about just dont give a fck. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's very concerning Leggy I agree . The amount of people who seem to think ooh lockdown is over so everything is fine again , is frightening tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Absolutely. I felt really relaxed about my covid test two weeks ago before surgery, because I knew I had been safe. Now I wear the mask all the time in company and being careful of where i go and who I agree to meet.

Hope it goes back under 1 soon again.

I think we will have to live with it, but I have no idea how they are going to re-open the schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

wildwillow wrote: »
    Absolutely. I felt really relaxed about my covid test two weeks ago before surgery, because I knew I had been safe. Now I wear the mask all the time in company and being careful of where i go and who I agree to meet.

Hope it goes back under 1 soon again.

I think we will have to live with it, but I have no idea how they are going to re-open the schools.

We need the schools open. The kids are seriously disadvantaged now after the chunk they missed but of course their safety and safety of staff is the most important.

To thine own self be true

Got the lawns cut and nipped out to buy a few cans of Guinness (well ya have to reward yerself like), so I parked beside the shop which is next to a row of townhouses. As I was getting out of the van I saw 2 cats having a fight in the window of one of the houses, the one who lost the scrap went sliding down the net curtains and tore them the whole way down from top to bottom, split them in half the whole way down. Someone is going to come home later to a bit of a mess :D

Having the aforementioned Guinness now and deciding if its Chinese or chippers with Netflix later. Could be worse. Then again...... It could be better, I could be going out for a pint later and chatting to people instead of sitting in the house and a cat assaulting a curtain being the highlight of my day. It's all about perspective :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Don't sweat it, you have a project to work on and you'll get there.

heading back to my folks shortly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weirdly restless

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

In bed reading my book. I went to Sainsburys to get some bits but haven't done much else today. The bathroom needs to be cleaned but I'm ignoring it in the hopes it will clean itself :p

Thanks for your support everyone, I do take on board what ye say and I think about it so I appreciate it

Did ye ever have a day when it's up and down like a fecking yo-yo?
    Bad news good news , rinse and repeat , coffee and breathe and let it all go..

Let it go , let it go....... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Did ye ever have a day when it's up and down like a fecking yo-yo?
    Bad news good news , rinse and repeat , coffee and breathe and let it all go..

Let it go , let it go....... :p

If you give me one more earworm, you will be opening a door you cannot close.

Bus side sweating like a rapist in a womens hostel. I am on my way to the pub though!!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If you give me one more earworm, you will be opening a door you cannot close.

Go on now go , walk out that door...

Name that tune :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Club football back tonight, getting ready for the minor game and then the adult team up tomorrow :)

Bus side sweating like a rapist in a womens hostel. I am on my way to the pub though!!

lucky git, enjoy yer evening out mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I still only mix in the general public for groceries.

I'm getting twitchy over the possibility of schools not returning.... The delays in leaving cert results does not fill me with confidence about the department of education's ability to get a job done.

From the very beginning I wanted more information about the background of positive test results... Obviously not "Mary from 101 fake Street" detail but if there are 10 confirmed cases did 8 of them come from a house party? Was there a superspreader etc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement