Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Any pics of the cat mam ?

No , he/she only appears at night and runs away if I get too close to the window :(
    I'll try though , it's a grey/mottled colour , I dunno what they're called , cat colour :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's dry here now too but the rain woke me up at 3.50 this morning. I thought someone was moving stuff around in the garden. It was only when I was awake enough to realise there isn't really anything to move that I realised it was rain!

Got up for a widdle at 4.30am. Really thought I'd stay awake, but the open window with the rain lashing down sent me back to sleep until 9ish. Still hate the rain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm sitting in the dark as the ESB is down again !!
    Some nice mellow songs on Spotify...
    I cant cant see my can of beer but luckily the can knows where my mouth is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭3d4life

Packing my holiday bags. Tis the high seas for me.

Goodbye sailor, have a good time ( watch out for sea serpents )

Surfacing from a multiday migrane... Reading up on the thread it looks like I caught it here :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No , he/she only appears at night and runs away if I get too close to the window :(
    I'll try though , it's a grey/mottled colour , I dunno what they're called , cat colour :o

Like this mam is it?

GreyTabbyWhite_CatColor.jpg

• Advertisement

Dear Mr Dude,

That yoke looks like Trouble ( thats trouble with a capital 'T' )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

3d4life wrote: »
    Goodbye sailor, have a good time ( watch out for sea serpents )

Surfacing from a multiday migrane... Reading up on the thread it looks like I caught it here :(

Ah, I must've got it from you! Waiting for the drier to finish then it's nurefen+ and bed for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wonder if there really is a tie between the damp and aches in joints etc. I've never properly looked into it..

Either have I, but I wonder if it might have more to do with joints reacting to atmospheric pressure and the damp correlating with that rather than the damp itself having some direct action on the joints.

Like this mam is it?

GreyTabbyWhite_CatColor.jpg

Yes !
    That's it Seph , that cat colour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Colleague had to do a check flight with the authorities to be approved as our new company examiner, so I got “volunteered” to be the person under test even though I’m not due a check for 3 more months :):)

Well it turned into one of those everything that can do wrong days, customer 4 hours late, thunderstorm activity at the destination and this is an arabian summer, a sandstorm, and then by the time we got there the wind couldn’t decide which direction it wanted to blow from, agh... take me off the volunteer list :):)

Now I have a bottle of Absolute in my grubby hands, couldn’t touch it all week as i was on standby, now I’m going to enjoy it and maybe smuggle some home to the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You deserve a drink after that, smurf!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yes !
    That's it Seph , that cat colour :pac:

There called tabbies mam 😸 😸

In other news, today is my builders last day in my house, not sure if he knows this yet, but he had promised to be done by tonight, painters finished yesterday so that was the last high cost task, now considering the outstanding snag list there is no way he is going to finish his tasks in one day, but 53 weeks is ENOUGH.

So come Saturday the locks will be changed and Tuesday a new alarm system, unfortunately I’m still stuck with that RED/WHITE American style diner kitchen, but its worth it to get rid of this idiot.

That's tabby with a capital 'T' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My little one is a tabby but interestingly when she rolls over on her back for a belly rub, she has a hint of (I only know this word from Seph) a calico look to her fur.
    Tabby cat look is my favourite kind. They remind me of their bigger cat cousins.
    The wind here is mad now. Came out of nowhere. Was just in the bathroom getting ready for bed and it started. There's a driving rain with it too. Another depressing bank holiday so :(

To thine own self be true

smurfjed wrote: »
    In other news, today is my builders last day in my house, not sure if he knows this yet, but he had promised to be done by tonight, painters finished yesterday so that was the last high cost task, now considering the outstanding snag list there is no way he is going to finish his tasks in one day, but 53 weeks is ENOUGH.

So come Saturday the locks will be changed and Tuesday a new alarm system, unfortunately I’m still stuck with that RED/WHITE American style diner kitchen, but its worth it to get rid of this idiot.

I think I suggested this to you before Smurf but rather than try rip those tiles off the wall, there's a special tile paint to be got. My mam did hers a few years ago. It was a tedious job but definitely better than replacing tiles.

@PurpleMountain, thank you, that my wife‘s approach, but considering that it wasn’t close to what we originally asked for, i had no problem asking the contractor to replace them.

Alas, I lost :))

You'd get a mansion built in that time!

It pains me to say it, but if you were there all the time you'd have been able to call them out. Builders take the piss when they're dealing with a woman. If you ever decide on major work again have a contract drawn up with a penalty clause so it'll cost then to overrun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, tis a great feeling not having to set an alarm for the morning :D Off until Tuesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Halfway through the night, will get some groceries after work, thrilling times :P

Enjoy your weekend Cat lady :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Halfway through the night, will get some groceries after work, thrilling times :P

Enjoy your weekend Cat lady :)

will do :) hope you're night is going ok

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fairly quiet here, long may it stay so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all
    Kitchenside with a Coffee. Thank god it's Friday, have a good day one and all:)

Weather - crap
    Camping - crap
    Staycations - crap

Get me on an airplane!!!

Bedside with a cupan Tae and sourdough toast , bad night's sleep , loads of tossing and turning .

Absolute torrent of rain falling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Nespresso. Roasting.

Absolite cracker of a morning! 20 degrees (perfect for Dave). Hopefully the weather gets better for everyone with cloud overhead :)

A picture from the seafront this morning.

521619.jpeg

Damp grem is home.. Too mild for mist, yuck..

Damp grem is home.. Too mild for mist, yuck..

Dry off and put the feet up buddy :)

• Advertisement

Heading down the park to see two of my favourite people
    😸😃

Well done ! :)

Standing joke in yachting circles that the two happiest days of your life are (a) when to get your yacht (b) when to manage to dispose of your yacht.

I'm sure that the inspiration for this comes from peoples experience with builders.

The last time I had an Irish builder that did his work on time and to budget was 1967 :eek:

Grumble
    Grumble
    Grumble

Deskside. Work PC has $hit the bed. So can't do anything.

Packing up my hotel room, heading to my home city for days off, hopefully about 9-10 days before I return.

It’s time for me to interrupt the mutts busy schedule :)

3d4life wrote: »
    Well done ! :)

Standing joke in yachting circles that the two happiest days of your life are (a) when to get your yacht (b) when to manage to dispose of your yacht.

There is another one, if it flies, floats or f...s, rent don’t buy.

Another wet, dull day here. The grass makes the house look deserted flying up in the rain and too wet to cut. I'll have great fun trying to cut that.

Time for coffee and figuring out what to do for the weekend. Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

• Advertisement

.....Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

Too Right !

Thats the stuff of teenagers.

( Teenagers dont get to work in pest control )

Another wet, dull day here. The grass makes the house look deserted flying up in the rain and too wet to cut. I'll have great fun trying to cut that.

Time for coffee and figuring out what to do for the weekend. Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

Solid excuse to hit the hooch and start the bank holiday early Leggy :D

Deskside. Work PC has $hit the bed. So can't do anything.

I'm thinking this is one of the less talked of issues with WFH

A few weeks ago I had to phone utility provider. Quick call pickup with a Cork voice at the other end. Explained what I was after. His PC down & WFH. Suggested I redial, with luck would be routed to someone else who had a functioning PC. COB time was minutes away so didnt, had a nice chat with him instead :)

Between that and the army that Apple have had WFH for years I imagine the roads of Co. Cork to be swarming with young IT support types with a tangle of keyboards, power cables and clapped out HDD in their car boots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Solid excuse to hit the hooch and start the bank holiday early Leggy :D

It's a long time since I got properly buckled, wonder if I should invest some time in it this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m baaaaaack!

Currently sitting in the sitting room that’s a building site, though it makes a welcome change from myself and mam and two big armchairs crammed into the kitchen :D we’ve had to have some major building work done on the house and my god it’s been tough to live in :eek:

Hope all the Wherers are keeping well :)

• Advertisement

Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

I actually give up!
    Wind broke my tent up last night, I have hands full of tiny black splinters from tent poles..... Ended up 'sleeping ' on the floor of friends caravan!
    Knackered.
    Funny though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m baaaaaack!

Currently sitting in the sitting room that’s a building site, though it makes a welcome change from myself and mam and two big armchairs crammed into the kitchen :D we’ve had to have some major building work done on the house and my god it’s been tough to live in :eek:

Hope all the Wherers are keeping well :)

Lovely to see you have returned. I feel your pain with building works but it will be worth it.

So glad I had managed to move back in when builders had finished before the lockdown.

Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time 😀

Is there anyone here who has had a positive experience with builders ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

kowloon wrote:
    It's a long time since I got properly buckled, wonder if I should invest some time in it this weekend.

Sure do! I'll join ye later on for some inebriated musings.

Will be burning rubber in around a half hour then off for nearly two weeks. Get the fook in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time ��

Yes. I couldn't fault my builder. He wasn't cheap but was as good as his word all the way.

It was a complete renovation and extension. Weather was awful throughout but he kept within time line. Used a lot of eastern European workers, all of whom were so helpful and polite.

Site left clean and tidy and ready for landscaping, which was delayed due to Covid.

Will certainly employ him again in the future.

Waiting on my boarding pass then I shall head to the terminal building, have a massive craving for Butlers chocolate and the airport is the only place in this city with a Butler’s coffee shop. Hope it’s open 😀

Yippee, got 10 bars of chocolate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It's a long weekend here in the US of Canada. I'm heading out camping to my buddy's hunting shack. Won't be doing any hunting, just drinking beers by the fire and shooting the empties with a BB gun. Fun times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

wildwillow wrote: »
    Lovely to see you have returned. I feel your pain with building works but it will be worth it.

So glad I had managed to move back in when builders had finished before the lockdown.

Oh it definitely will be, though it had to be done too. We had dry rot and the builder said with the timbers he took out of the house he didn’t know how the house stayed standing :eek: been a long process but getting there slowly but surely :)
    Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time 😀

I actually couldn’t fault our builder either, he’s been excellent. Knew we were doing it on a shoestring as it was work we hadn’t foreseen this coming up and has been trying to keep prices as low as possible and has been flat out doing very good work every day, it’s been the lads he’s contracted out to who’ve let us down. Helps as well that he’s been good craic since he’s been here day in and day out for the best part of a month now

Have abandoned all hope of cutting the grass today after the amount of rain that fell this morning .

Think I'll treat myself to a takeaway sandwich and salad from my favourite coffee shop :)

Have a lovely weekend all you nice , genuine posters :)

Just looking at Sky News. Today is Britain's hottest day this year.
    37oC at Heathrow.
    Meanwhile in Ireland...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement