Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Drinking whiskey. What else would you do of a Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and fancy bistro crisps.

The devils juice! :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just off the phone with best friend , we haven't seen each other since early March . Late breakfast/early lunch date on Thursday set up , it'll be great to see her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Time for a cupan tae.

Don't weather presenters always seem a bit weird? An observation I just realised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time for a cupan tae.

Barry's ?

Barry's ?

Generic brand ? :p

Barry's ?

Aye. Just used the last two there though. Bewleys up next!.... don't shudder too much Seph :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Generic brand ? :p

Even re-using a tea bag is preferable to going down the Barry's route.

Ted_YNWA wrote:

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think i'll have some maxwell house red instant :P *shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Got on a bus today first time since March due to Covid, was good to give my feet a rest I must admit but I missed the long evening walk home.

Also whenever I type Covid now I'm reminded of the old fella who has a fox come to visit him for scraps that he named Covid. All I can hear is him saying "Come on Covid where are ye!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ruthlessly oppress the working classes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kowloon wrote: »

I find those pastimes go well together

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I think I might be in a minority in here in that I couldn't care less about branded teabags .
    Then again , the fact that I drink it like **** water , without sugar or milk probably has a lot to do with that :pac:

(Awaits onslaught..)

Goes hand in hand with the whisky drinking, old chap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly :pac:

That was a favourite saying of my mother's. Was only thinking of it the other day. Weird

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think I might be in a minority in here in that I couldn't care less about branded teabags .
    Then again , the fact that I drink it like **** water , without sugar or milk probably has a lot to do with that :pac:

(Awaits onslaught..)

source.gif

What have you done that's so bad you deserve that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There'd be a bigger caffeine hit if I shake some dust out of the hoover & use that.

Horrible muck that Maxwell House.

Ha you beat me to it!

• Advertisement

There'd be a bigger caffeine hit if I shake some dust out of the hoover & use that.

I remember the ads in the eighties purporting it to be the height of sophistication :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I can imagine you in your country mansion stroking a cat and feeling very pleased with your work.

Sardonicat wrote:
    That was a favourite saying of my mother's. Was only thinking of it the other day. Weird

I've been reading your mind from afar Sardi. I've got the shinnin! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually drink decaf coffee myself.
    I like the taste of coffee, couldn't care less if it's caffeinated or not.

To thine own self be true

I remember the ads in the eighties purporting it to be the height of sophistication :pac:

What was the one where there was an ongoing will they/won't they budding romance between two decidedly middle class professional neighbours? It was definitely not for people who'd put the milk in first. Gold something. I think it was the first freeze dried instant.

fr336 wrote: »
    I can imagine you in your country mansion stroking a cat and feeling very pleased with your work.

24590376.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What was the one where there was an ongoing will they/won't they budding romance between two decidedly middle class professional neighbours? It was definitely not for people who'd put the milk in first. Gold something. I think it was the first freeze dried instant.
    Nescafe Gold Blend, you'd be delighted to have it in the press to impress the neighbours.

I've been reading your mind from afar Sardi. I've got the shinnin! :D

I'm not surprised you're blushing if you've been reading that cesspit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I would love to head to Birmingham. I'd love to drink my way down Broad Street.(Again):D You can certainly eat your way down it too. :D Half way down Broad Street, I'd like to stop at the Black Sabbath Bridge/Bench and take a long and much needed wee wee. So many great and honest bands came out of Brum and Black Sabbath were not one of them. Even the street this abomination is on, has feck all relevance to them.

Kitchen table.:D

I've been reading your mind from afar Sardi.

Do you want a glass of whisky? I'd say you'd need a stiff drink after looking in there!

• Advertisement

My neck has loosened up quite a lot thankfully! Had a lovely walk this afternoon then came home and had a delicious lunch outside in the sunshine with my brother. Reading now. I'm wrecked tired but I'm resisting the urge to nap so that I'll sleep better tonight. (Sounds like I'm a toddler! :D )

519026.jpeg

attachment.php?attachmentid=519027&d=1594049046[IMG][/img]

Just give me the county and I'll guess the railway bridge!:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I would love to head to Birmingham. I'd love to drink my way down Broad Street.(Again):D You can certainly eat your way down it too. :D Half way down Broad Street, I'd like to stop at the Black Sabbath Bridge/Bench and take a long and much needed wee wee. So many great and honest bands came out of Brum and Black Sabbath were not one of them. Even the street this abomination is on, has feck all relevance to them.

Kitchen table.:D

Is there a Duran Duran Boulevard? A UB40 unemployment office?

All I can figure out is it doesn't see much traffic.

Aye. Just used the last two there though. Bewleys up next!.... don't shudder too much Seph :D

Bewleys is actually my second favorite tea next to barrys :pac:

Brother Tedo talking out of his ass again :pac:

(Awaits onslaught..)

Mam!

QNIB.gif

24590376.jpg

tenor.gif

Grandeeod! I've told you before, I'm not giving you my address. You're a married man!!!!

All I can figure out is it doesn't see much traffic.

A train passes along there many times a day , most days of the week. ;)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is there a Duran Duran Boulevard? A UB40 unemployment office?

Nope. Dexy's Midnight Runners Road? Nope.

Do you want a glass of whisky? I'd say you'd need a stiff drink after looking in there!

I need a bottle and a few valium please... :D

• Advertisement

I need a bottle and a few valium please... :D

Just rinse your brain with bleach, you'll be fine if a few days. Serves you right, anyway.

A train passes along there many times a day , most days of the week. ;)

Hope you're safe on it so.

The rails aren't commuter belt shiny, Railings are pretty rusted up, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I was Sherlock that'd tell me if that's salt water or not.

The rails aren't commuter belt shiny, Railings are pretty rusted up, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I was Sherlock that'd tell me if that's salt water or not.

If I get the county I'll guess the bridge!

By the way BB, Ms G saw your pic earlier and loves the dog. Breed?

Keep at it Sherlock. You'll figure it out!

If I get the county I'll guess the bridge!

By the way BB, Ms G saw your pic earlier and loves the dog. Breed?

Ah thanks. She'd love Ms.G back, she's fantastic with kids. She's a husky mix.

Ah thanks. She'd love Ms.G back, she's fantastic with kids. She's a husky mix.

We're in the market for a dog and Husky would be Ms Gs choice as she has more cuddly versions that her room looks like Alaska!

• Advertisement

Keep at it Sherlock. You'll figure it out!

The motivation just isn't there and I've moved on to shinier things on the internet. Technology has destroyed my attention span.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just fookin eat whatever you want whenever you want and for it to not be unhealthy? Le sigh.

I reckon it's a river, maybe a three sisters river by the looks. My brain hurts now so i'm done

Wouldn't it be great if you could just fookin eat whatever you want whenever you want and for it to not be unhealthy? Le sigh.

Don't buy multipacks of Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps .
    Ever .

Don't buy multipacks of Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps .
    Ever .

Walkers for me, impossible to stop :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement