Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

The house blew away and we're now in Oz 😛

I didn't know your name was Dorothy :pac:

Home office deskside after about three hours of sleep if my tracker is to be believed. I'm completely and utterly wrecked. Let's hope that high RPM coffee I just brewed will give me at least some energy, otherwise this is going to be a looooooong day...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am in the office.
    The family are convinced I am idle all the time here whereas the reality is that I run around like a blue arsed fly. So they have put a fitness tracker on me. Never had one before but it has me completely paranoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Bit more in the humour today :pac:

Hope everyone impacted by the storm are OK! Sephers, I have a map for getting back from Oz... I'll PM ya :D

It's lashing rain outside, waarm and sunny... what weird weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I hope my fellow Corkonians are all ok and stay away from the wicked witch in Oz there Seph, and be wide of the flying monkeys too! :D I better text my mother to see if she's in Oz as well!

On the couch, not long out of bed. I made a cottage pie from scratch yesterday for the first time in years. It's so nice to have my own little place and cook and clean and look after it. Part of the reason going back home really doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s a bit wet and windy out there today :D Some thunder earlier but thankfully still have electricity :)

Seph did you get blown over to Kerry :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Still very windy and lashing here, far from the danger zone. The garden is absolutely destroyed, bits of trees and leaves everywhere so that will be tremendous fun to tidy up when the weather settles. :rolleyes:

Glad you survived Seph, I hope Duvet and Sardi are OK too, and obviously anyone else in that neck of the woods.

Having a coffee and thinking about cancelling today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s a bit wet and windy out there today :D Some thunder earlier but thankfully still have electricity :)

Anywhere but Kerry. Hopefully those hills caught you in time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking out the window, I just seen an auld wan with green skin fly past on a broom

thomil wrote: »
    I didn't know your name was Dorothy :pac:

*Check birth certificate*

No

:pac:
    Autosport wrote: »

I'm not sure, I'm not in Ballincollig anymore anyway .....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside. Bit more in the humour today :pac:

Hope everyone impacted by the storm are OK! Sephers, I have a map for getting back from Oz... I'll PM ya :D

It's lashing rain outside, waarm and sunny... what weird weather.

Cheers bro 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning all. All is well here. Only a few powerful gusts and it was all over by 2am. The local topography keeps this town sheltered from South Westerlies and we have emerged unscathed from some of the most powerful storms. While the rain was torrential for a few hours, AFAIK, there's no reports of flooding. Never lost power either. Hope the damage isn't too bad, Seph and I really hope Duvet is OK on the road early am. There were trees down all over.

Legs, hopefully the wind will blow away the lighter debris.

Phoenix, glad to see that things seem a little brighter. You're doing really good there, girl.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Anywhere but Kerry. Hopefully those hills caught you in time!

Oiy!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oiy!

*Sniggers *

😸😃

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Still very windy and lashing here, far from the danger zone. The garden is absolutely destroyed, bits of trees and leaves everywhere so that will be tremendous fun to tidy up when the weather settles.

Aye debris all over our garden aswell.

It's a bleedin disgrace Joe!

Am in the office.
    The family are convinced I am idle all the time here whereas the reality is that I run around like a blue arsed fly. So they have put a fitness tracker on me. Never had one before but it has me completely paranoid!

Poor poor Mrs long suffering Happy has resorted to monitoring your movements :p

I am car side with a cappuccino about to head in to werk werk werk.

Poor poor Mrs long suffering Happy has resorted to monitoring your movements :p

I am car side with a cappuccino about to head in to werk werk werk.

The current Mrs Happy may be more concerned about my location than my fitness?!!
    You might be on to something there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Oiy!

Oops! Only joking. I did steal on of your handsome men as my late husband but it was always a running joke that Cork was the better county!!

wildwillow wrote: »
    Oops! a running joke that Cork was the better county!!

You're right about that being funny, though : )

Cork is the better county :D

Did someone say something?

Yes. Cork is the better county.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

All I heard is Kilkenny is the better county ;)

Heading off on a road trip and I’m being treated to dinner :)

There's that annoying sound again.

Cork is the better county but Dublin is the better city :D

Sardi I have Kerry blood in me, My nana was from Castle Island and lived there until she married and moved to East Cork.

Sardi I have Kerry blood in me, My nana was from Castle Island and lived there until she married and moved to East Cork.

BURNNNNN HIMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course they all have lovely bottoms.

Onshuh wrote: »
    Of course they all have lovely bottoms.

That's not one bit true Onshuh and you know it!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside waiting for an appointment at 3. Got caught in the storm out with the boyfriend and his mates last night so I stayed at the boyfriend’s house so I wouldn’t have to take any risks driving home in it. The car’s a bit worse for wear today though as a result :pac:

Diamonds, if you want me to spank your bottom so badly all you have to do is ask. There's such a thing as trying too hard, you know.

Cousin!

• Advertisement

That's not one bit true Onshuh and you know it!

Okay you're all wrong!!! :D

Diamonds, if you want me to spank your bottom so badly all you have to do is ask. There's such a thing as trying too hard, you know.

Cork is the better county but Dublin is the better city :D

What's outside of Dublin apart from "down the country"

**runs away before the onslaught** :pac: :D

I second onshuh on the lovely bottoms!

Housework all done but I'm still in my pyjamas. Somebody wash me please? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Workside. Going to stay till 7 cos the power is gone at home and not due back toll 9 pm.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I second onshuh on the lovely bottoms!

Housework all done but I'm still in my pyjamas. Somebody wash me please? :p

Don't matter. Being in your pjs is allowed because you've done work. So you aren't actually a paid up member of Club Sloth :p

I'm in "work".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, glad we all survived the storm :) a roof of a building blew off though, scary stuff!

Deskside. It's gone fierce dark and rainy. 24 hours to a week off.

Tunes for the neighbours - Metallica, "the black album" :D

In a really nice Indian place for tea on my own. The bliss!

• Advertisement

Did you survive the early morning drive after the storm Duvet? Glad to hear you survived as well Sardi our Kerry lady!

Well I washed myself since I had no volunteers. The help these days :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

And here we go again , more wind and rain , second time tying up the poor dahlias , this morning they looked like someone sat in the middle of them and flattened them , poor things .
    Fish in the oven for tea this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dinner packed, hi ho etc.

Heading home side. A grand wild evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Power now not due back till 5pm tomorrow. Yikkes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Parents just got theirs back but the powercheck page is a frightening sight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside with power but no water. Just had to go and fill two pots of water from a tanker down the street :eek:

Flat out on the couch. Won't be moving from here for a while. Except hat the TV remote is over there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hope everyone doing well.

Fed up of this lockdown now.

Waiting on the news that Laois and Offaly will be out but Kildare remains.

Need to get motivated but tonight theres wine!

Flat out on the couch. Won't be moving from here for a while. Except hat the TV remote is over there...

Maybe pop the fitbit/tracker on the dog or a small child for a bit so? :D

Couchside. Just got drowned out walking, might be the night for a hot bath.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Did you survive the early morning drive after the storm Duvet? Glad to hear you survived as well Sardi our Kerry lady!

Well I washed myself since I had no volunteers. The help these days :p

Phoenix,I had my alarm set for 5.45,turned it off and woke in a panic at 6.03am,honestly thought it was later (bear in mind someone had to wake me up yesterday morning because my alarm was going off but I was conked out,this is the downfall of having eggcup portions of wine at night instead of vases lol). Fast shower,dressed, makeup, coffee and a sneaky smoke and out the door at 6.35am, unreal destruction around with trees and debris down but lovely morning and quiet roads so not too bad, Thin Lizzy was the cd of choice this morning, Don Henley was given a duvet day lol.

Anyway no work tomorrow but hospital at 9am, vase instead of eggcup beside the couch tonight only because I don't want to sleep out in the morning. 😂

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement