Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus tablet password

Options
  • 04-07-2020 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Switched on my Asus tablet, entered usual password but came up "wrong password". So can't access at all.
    How can I reset or bypass it without losing personal files (photos. Emails etc)?
    Any help much appreciated.. .cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

CUCINA wrote: »
    Hi
    Switched on my Asus tablet, entered usual password but came up "wrong password". So can't access at all.
    How can I reset or bypass it without losing personal files (photos. Emails etc)?
    Any help much appreciated.. .cheers

Do you have Google backing up your photos to Google drive? It is usually done by default. Surely your email is in the cloud, Gmail etc and not on the device.

What version of Android is it running and what is device model? Would you ever have enabled developer mode or ADB in advanced settings? Some tablets will allow you boot a custom recovery that could retrieve your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

pah wrote: »
    Do you have Google backing up your photos to Google drive? It is usually done by default. Surely your email is in the cloud, Gmail etc and not on the device.

What version of Android is it running and what is device model? Would you ever have enabled developer mode or ADB in advanced settings? Some tablets will allow you boot a custom recovery that could retrieve your data.
    tThanks for the reply... Ended up having it sorted where I bought it...have most data recovered but all photos gone....probably won't take any more on the tablet....only connections on the side are for mains and earphones so no apparent way to download onto a stick or whatever.
    Cheers

Advertisement