Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - Panel Lid Tamper

Options
  • 04-07-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping you might be able to give me a steer on an error on my elderly parents HKC alarm. They are getting a "Panel Lid Tamper" error when trying to set the alarm. I'm thinking someone whilst doing work in the house may have knocked off the main alarm circuit box.

Images of error when they try to set the alarm plus circuit box.

Is this any way of overriding it the Tamper alert so they can set the alarm? They are quite nervous without it set.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Your first two pictures are of the system Keypad, your third is of a power supply, possibly for a CCTV system.

The panel for that system is a blank white box around the size of a cereal box, someone must have opened it as I have not yet come across a Panel Tamper issue on any 10/70 or 10/ 270 since they were released years ago.

Is there another plastic type box with electronics within it anywhere else in the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

kub wrote: »
    Your first two pictures are of the system Keypad, your third is of a power supply, possibly for a CCTV system.

The panel for that system is a blank white box around the size of a cereal box, someone must have opened it as I have not yet come across a Panel Tamper issue on any 10/70 or 10/ 270 since they were released years ago.

Is there another plastic type box with electronics within it anywhere else in the house ?

This is probably it? Thanks

Advertisement