Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid thread

• 04-07-2020 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Why is it still close?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The wife and I were out last night for dinner. Pretty well run but thought the distancing was a little tight.

Walked around town beforehand, noticed a few pubs that would have full kitchen still closed. Maybe they believe it wouldn't be profitable in opening at the moment.

No problem getting parking on Catherine Street around 8, different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Was in Supervalu Castletroy yesterday evening, I was the only person in there wearing a mask.

Went to visit the parents over the weekend and popped into Dundrum, probably 40% mask uptake there which is significant in comparison to Limerick it appears. Most non wearers were teenagers, plenty of parents with young kids all wearing masks of some form.

I'd say we may see "no mask no service" in shops/businesses like in the US if numbers don't start going back down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Agree, I was in Dublin Saturday night and out and about Sunday and there was a very high level of masks being worn. pubs on Saturday night were heaving, good Garda presence though.
    We certainly need more signage/etc to encourage mandatory usage of masks in shops and so on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The other thread is/was a trainwreck and was closed pending a review. If you want to discuss COVID feel free to check out 1 of the many threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement