Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 34+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nah.

I’ll get Foden next GW or the one after.

That’ll be it for me re City.

I did think about Salah to Foden for a -4 this GW but I think it’s worth giving Salah one more shot to see if he really wants that golden boot.

I had the same debate with salah and came to the same conclusion
    If it was for free I would have sold both himself and mane
    Dangerous player to sell for -4
    That and spurs were absolutely appalling which made it easier for me
    However if he blanks he will go for -4 at weekend so I can get Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Vardy has nine goals in nine games against Arsenal

Green&Red wrote: »

If I had enough cash I would have taken the hit to get him for DCL this week
    Will end up doing it at the weekend anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Green&Red wrote: »

Arsenal are far from the finished article but they have looked a lot more solid in recent weeks, 3 clean sheets in 4. I have long felt that Vardy is much more suited to playing against teams with a flatback four and that he struggles against teams that play 3 CB. That said one of those 3 is Luiz and Vardy is on pens.

I don't think I would be getting him in for this GW if I didn't have him and certainly not for a hit. Next GW I will be getting him in for sure.

Maddison is not available and that is my biggest concern with Vardy.

Hopefully he’ll still get chances on the counter against Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I had planned transferring out Mane and Jiminez for Son and Kane for a 4 point hit. That now looks like a terrible plan but I still want 1 spurs player against Bournemouth so will go for Mane to Son....probably

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any love for Antonio? Debating Cantwell and jimenez out and antonio and greenwood in for - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Trying to justify doing a transfer this week but thinking i might be doing it just for the sake of it, would anyone change anything with this team

Henderson (Leno)
    TAA AWB Doherty (PVA, Mings)
    Bruno KDB(C) Sarr Pulisic (Saka)
    Rashford Ings Jimi

only have 1 ft so would be banking for the first time since the restart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I was hoping to bank the hit but with doubts over Holgate and Lascelles, I think I'll upgrade my bench fodder to a playing defender.

Likely Ngakia to Egan, to block my rival's Sheffield United possible clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    Trying to justify doing a transfer this week but thinking i might be doing it just for the sake of it, would anyone change anything with this team

Henderson (Leno)
    TAA AWB Doherty (PVA, Mings)
    Bruno KDB(C) Sarr Pulisic (Saka)
    Rashford Ings Jimi

only have 1 ft so would be banking for the first time since the restart

Considering Sarr > Foden with my ft want to do jimi>vardy at the weekend with the next ft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any love for Antonio? Debating Cantwell and jimenez out and antonio and greenwood in for - 4

West Ham have great fixtures and I think one W'ham asset at least is required, I am 30 points behind in my money league though so went with Soucek, as hopefully a differential, who has looked very promising in their last two fixtures.

Must resist salah to Mahrez/foden for a hit
    Must resist

Where did Foden play when he came on Sunday ?
    I am now actually considering Barnes to Foden !
    Just seen that Leictser changed formation at weekend and played with no wingers

He has Bournemouth at weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    Must resist

Salah to Foden sounds crazy when saying out loud, but I think I will be going for it.

No idea what I will spend the money on as cant get to Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where did Foden play when he came on Sunday ?
    I am now actually considering Barnes to Foden !
    Just seen that Leictser changed formation at weekend and played with no wingers

He has Bournemouth at weekend though

Foden was out right and KDB was in that god damn awful quarter back role

Would imagine KDB will be more advanced in the next game

Barnes to Foden for -4 would leave me looking at me being .5 short for Vardy so another -4 next weekend
    Would likely have to be Henderson to Martinez (also have pope )

Salah is eating funds
    I wish I was braver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Must resist

Even though I have both Mahrez and Foden, resigned to the fact that I might get 1 pointers off them on and off for the rest of the season. Expect Mahrez to be on the bench tomorrow and the other two to start. Think he is giving Foden a start every 2nd match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Barnes to Foden for -4 would leave me looking at me being .5 short for Vardy so another -4 next weekend
    Would likely have to be Henderson to Martinez (also have pope )

Salah is eating funds
    I wish I was braver

I'm thinking Sarr to Foden, I'd love to get rid of Salah too (probably for Pulisic), would allow me upgrade DCL to pretty much any other striker the following GW

I could always do Sarr to Foden and Cantwell to Soucek for a hit. There's too many options and not enough game weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Must resist

Is Sterling in your thoughts at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah out, Son in. Done. I’ve actually been doing quite well since restart - up to 60k from 134k. Still think it’s worth thinking a risk as I’ve not much to lose. Tempted by a -4 for Jimi > Kane but prefer not to take a hit. Was gonna captain Son too but with KDB rested, may go with him!

• Advertisement

Is Sterling in your thoughts at all?
    I priced him . Would not leave me enough for vardy straight in at weekend either and ties up a lot of funds for a rotation risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Now considering a hit.
    KDB and Jesus for Mane and Jimenez.

Jimmi's partner is due to give birth soon but it's mainly the appeal of those City fixtures.
    Pep's just bigged up Jesus there in his press conference....probably bench him now!!!!

Trying to find reasons to justify it, like Liverpool will go for the 100% home record or they'll give the kids more minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

ElTel wrote: »
    Now considering a hit.
    KDB and Jesus for Mane and Jimenez.

Jimmi's partner is due to give birth soon but it's mainly the appeal of those City fixtures.
    Pep's just bigged up Jesus there in his press conference....probably bench him now!!!!

Trying to find reasons to justify it, like Liverpool will go for the 100% home record or they'll give the kids more minutes...

Tough one. I think KDB is important this week, but for some reason I’d be more reluctant to sell Mané than Salah (I did Salah to KDB).

I wouldn’t be keen on the Jimenez to Jesus move, especially for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

iv gone

Ederson

Joe Gomez , VVD, Enda Stephen

Foden , KDB , Bruno., Mane

Greenwood , Ings ,Rashford,

Saka , Coady on my bench, rest are crap ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Wondering who to start 2 out of Jimenez, Doherty, DCL, and Aurier. Currently on the first two, but doing some homework on my lunch here to see what's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Team atm is

Pope

TAA, Doherty, AWB

KDB, Fernandes, Son, Richarlison

Ings, Jiminez, Rashford

Bench - Martinez, Lascelles, Saiss, Guendouzi

Potential transfers i'm thinking of are Richarlison to either Pulisic or Foden, or else move Lascelles or Saiss to Aurier.

I could do both transfers too for a -4, but then have to drop someone else for the gameweek.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How does Mane and Calvert Lewin to Son and Ings for - 4 sound?

Yay nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Benimar wrote: »
    Tough one. I think KDB is important this week, but for some reason I’d be more reluctant to sell Mané than Salah (I did Salah to KDB).

I wouldn’t be keen on the Jimenez to Jesus move, especially for a hit.

Yeah, I love Mane. (No Salah)
    I think I've to give Son the Bournemouth game at least and could sit on my front8 for a while then...
    Will wait on any early news but 80/20 in favour of it atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

How does Mane and Calvert Lewin to Son and Ings for - 4 sound?

Yay nay?

Nay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Nay

I need to get rid of Calvert Lewin one way or another and already have 3 United players so can't get Greenwood.

Ive no idea who to bring in around that price.

Advertisement