Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smishing attempt this afternoon

Options
  • 04-07-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

Hi, just to let you and other BOI customers know of the attached Smishing attempt I received by text this afternoon, could be isolated or widespread

First time I ever received one of these messages on my SMS BOI thread but I immediately recognised this was a fraudulent attempt so I didn't click the link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Hi, just to let you and other BOI customers know of the attached Smishing attempt I received by text this afternoon, could be isolated or widespread

First time I ever received one of these messages on my SMS BOI thread but I immediately recognised this was a fraudulent attempt so I didn't click the link
    Hi Ohmeha, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Firstly we would like to thank you for being so vigilant. Please be advised that Bank of Ireland will never send any email or text to our customers with a link asking them to log into their account or ask that you disclose personal account information. 

We would recommend that you do not click on any of the links and delete the text. If you are ever unsure of anything you receive claiming to be from bank of Ireland please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or contact our security team at 365security@boi.com.

I hope this helps, have a nice day.

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I've been getting those for years and I don't even have a BOI account. I just ignore them.

Advertisement