Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole holidays curtailed

Options

Comments

Jayus let them enjoy a bit of a holiday.
    So what if they receive state help.its there few bob and they can spend it how and where they want.
    Them f%#kers in the airport,sometimes stand beside the lads scanning the boarding passes and have/can ask have you notified the departmant befour you leave in holidays.well you are supposed too tell them befour hand.
    The scanning of the boarding pass goes true the SW inspectors system and once your name pops up they know if you have told them.

No, it's not their few Bob to spend how they see fit. Is to ensure they can live while looking for a job.

A, they aren't looking for a job

B, the money isn't even staying in the economy.

C, they don't need a holiday from getting up at 1pm

Connacht15 wrote: »
    BTW The lads who work in pairs as dole inspectors in The Airport are obvious from a mile off they wear black suit jackets and I have seen them stop folk!

The reason why I'm pointing this out is that Im a civil libertarian and I believe it's none of the states business where I go, especially if Its to the CTA or The EFTA areas!

They aren't social welfare inspectors so you are talking absolute ****e. They are employed by the daa direct

So not only are you lying about that but also your career.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No, it's not their few Bob to spend how they see fit. Is to ensure they can live while looking for a job.

Your some tulip, I'm hoping your not lumping PUP recipient's into your narrow minded assertions.

A. They're not looking for a job as they have one, it's LOCKDOWN, or under severe pressure not of their doing.

B. It's likely the holiday was paid for long before this debacle

C. Very liitle can be said re your assertion on getting up at, but I suspect countless pup receipients have lives to lead, perhaps kids to care for etc, you know the type, "ordinary decent people in a situation they've no control over"

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Jayus let them enjoy a bit of a holiday.
    So what if they receive state help.its there few bob and they can spend it how and where they want.
    Them f%#kers in the airport,sometimes stand beside the lads scanning the boarding passes and have/can ask have you notified the departmant befour you leave in holidays.well you are supposed too tell them befour hand.
    The scanning of the boarding pass goes true the SW inspectors system and once your name pops up they know if you have told them.

Comedy gold........

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

It is there few bob since they have paid taxes in the jobs they held.

A.they don't need too look for a job -the get hundreds of euro a week.

B.im guessing they would of booked there tickets either by credit or debit card so yes it would be staying in the economy & keeping people in jobs too.

C.everybody needs/deserves a holiday now and again.even those who can't afford them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Revenue and social have legal access to travel information across the entire eu. Naturally it requires then bring suspicious and looking though

Source for this? Highly doubtful under GDPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Dempo1 wrote: »
    agreed but we are actually NOT paying tax at the moment, that little surprise comes at the end of year when revenue will be contacting everyone that was on either PUP or TWSS

Self employed people don't pay their tax until the end of the year, but that doesn't mean that they aren't tax payers. Taxes will be collected. People on PUP cannot be compared to people on the dole, not that there is any issue with being on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

B.im guessing they would of booked there tickets either by credit or debit card so yes it would be staying in the economy & keeping people in jobs too.

C.everybody needs/deserves a holiday now and again.even those who can't afford them.
    The government is advising people not to holiday abroad at the moment though. To prevent the spread of covid from worse affected countries.

pablo128 wrote: »
    The government is advising people not to holiday abroad at the moment though. To prevent the spread of covid from worse affected countries.

Advising is the key word here.
    They cannot stop you if you want too go,on the dole or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Advising is the key word here.
    They cannot stop you if you want too go,on the dole or not

You need to take personal responsibility. This thing is highly contagious, and it hasn't gone away.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    You need to take personal responsibility. This thing is highly contagious, and it hasn't gone away.

I'm fully aware of that fact.
    I'm sure Ryanair are fully aware of that fact too,the same as the pubs/restaurants which have recently opened back up here and in Spain for example.
    So if joe blogs has a trip too the costa Del sol booked since last year,well joe blogs is fully entitled too go on
    His holiday if he likes.being on the dole or pup payment doesn't change the fact.
    Joe could be sitting by the pool with his San Miguel beer in his hand enjoying the sun rather than sitting in pissing rain here in Ireland while getting his dole/pup lodged into his account so he can buy more sangria for mrs blogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gardai, revenue and the department of social welfare have access to all your state data and are allowed use it
    They must inform you of this but you cannot prevent it

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Your some tulip, I'm hoping your not lumping PUP recipient's into your narrow minded assertions.

A. They're not looking for a job as they have one, it's LOCKDOWN, or under severe pressure not of their doing.

B. It's likely the holiday was paid for long before this debacle

C. Very liitle can be said re your assertion on getting up at, but I suspect countless pup receipients have lives to lead, perhaps kids to care for etc, you know the type, "ordinary decent people in a situation they've no control over"

I'm not lumping in covid19 payments with job seekers. Your confusing the two here.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Gardai, revenue and the department of social welfare have access to all your state data and are allowed use it

Incorrect. Warrants are needed in some cases. No state agency has direct access to other agencies data but they're are agreements in place. Prtb and revenue for example. Or the courts, prisons and Gardai. The piu can provide info to revenue as well.

And they certainly won't tell you.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/irish-passenger-information-unit/

Gdpr isn't an all encompassing system. There's allowances for state agencies

Again, I am referring to job seekers. Covid is off course a different kettle of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

stevek93 wrote: »
    What holiday are they getting? Holiday from what?

Holidays from on-hole-sitting

Again, I am referring to job seekers. Covid is off course a different kettle of fish

People on job seekers are allowed holidays too 🙄
    They get 2 weeks paid holidays too.
    That's 50 weeks of dealing with daily job searches and dealing with the shower seetec and the likes of it.
    Everybody deserves a holiday even those who can't afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

There's plenty of people working who can't afford a holiday.[/QUOTE]
    Plenty of people working who drink or smoke or gamble away the price of a holiday,or,more like, simply couldnt be arsed to organise themselves to save a few quid a week to pay for two weeks in Spain.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    There's plenty of people working who can't afford a holiday.
    Plenty of people working who drink or smoke or gamble away the price of a holiday,or,more like, simply couldnt be arsed to organise themselves to save a few quid a week to pay for two weeks in Spain.[/quote]

Or 2 weeks in cork for that matter

• Advertisement

People on job seekers are allowed holidays too 🙄
    That's 50 weeks of dealing with daily job searches and dealing with the shower seetec and the likes of it.

Possible but daily job searching isn't an all day event. the genuine ones I'm ok with more for their family but let's be honest, even in the boom the unemployment rate was still better 4 and 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

They aren't social welfare inspectors so you are talking absolute ****e. They are employed by the daa direct

So not only are you lying about that but also your career.

How come no other country that I have ever been in has equivalents after initial security check?
    And what are they inspecting?

How come no other country that I have ever been in has equivalents after initial security check?
    And what are they inspecting?

you don't know if any other countries has them. You bet your ass the us and Israel has. You just haven't noticed them because they are more low key.

Why did you lie about it? I don't understand people that do that online. You lied about them, your interaction and your occupation. For what?

you don't know if any other countries has them. You bet your ass the us and Israel has. You just haven't noticed them because they are more low key.

Why did you lie about it? I don't understand people that do that online. You lied about them, your interaction and your occupation. For what?

I have been in several countries and even more airports and I never came across a security check like the one where I was stopped!

I did see Uniformed police in Britain act in a pig ignorant and off hand way to a young couple in the duty free area in a UK airport, Birmingham, IIRC.

I didn't tell porkies about anything, if they weren't dole inspectors, then the actively liaise with them, same difference.

I have never been in Israel, but my understanding is you are openly questioned!

Does the green list impact on the dole holidays sanction?

Does the green list impact on the dole holidays sanction?

Were those that have had their PUP payments cut going to green list countries if so, there has to be very serious issues!

I see The Irish Council for Civil Liberties is quite correctly up in arms about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

Were those that have had their PUP payments cut going to green list countries if so, there has to be very serious issues!

I see The Irish Council for Civil Liberties is quite correctly up in arms about this!

The advice is for no essential travel to any country - there is no differentiation between green and red lists as regards this.

The only difference is that travellers (or those returning) from green list countries do not have to restrict their movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

People on job seekers are allowed holidays too ��

No-one deserves a holiday. They earn it. Government welfare doesn't count under the verb "earn".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Mortelaro wrote: »

All my state data? And they can just simply use it?

Sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

As an aside, attacks on the unemployed and those on Pandemic payment payment is pretty disgusting. It was the damn government that shut down the economy.

Maybe, Heather could inform the people where all these jobs are that people should be looking for that her Party destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The self appointed guardians. I gave up on them when they wanted McArthur released and their spokesman said that Bridie Gargan ( the murder victim) is probably happy in heaven.
    Dirtbirds

Advertisement