Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the worst estate in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That's what happens when homeowners can't defend themselves or property.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

They can. Why would you say they can't?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

These problems replicate anywhere you have too many social houses, house members of the travelling community or have too many mothers and not enough fathers about.

Intergenerational welfare dependence Has led us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kid videoing is hilarious.
    "ohhh Holy Jayyyyysus"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

RasTa wrote: »

That's horrendous. What's the background to all this? When I was growing up in Tallaght those youngfellas would have felt the smack of a hurl, or worse, pretty quickly.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Brian? wrote: »
    They can. Why would you say they can't?

with what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Kip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Irish rail posted that to YouTube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

RasTa wrote: »

Not sure if it’s the worse but a couple of observations, those are damn fine strong windows, and the kid filming sounds about 6 years old and done an excellent job.

Jesus Christ..

• Advertisement

their rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Anyone know what the reason behind the attck on these two specific houses was? (If any)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Would it be fair to say that some of those people settled into that estate? Looks like a nice settled neighbourhood

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What’s the background to the house attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Anyone know what the reason behind the attck on these two specific houses was? (If any)
    Drugs I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Allegedly one lad hit another lad with a hammer and this is the retaliation. Drugs not travellers is the word on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5618169/three-charged-violent-disorder-criminal-damage-incidents-mullingar-westmeath/
    Two men were injured amid the prolonged disturbance before cops were called to the scene and dispersed the large group.

Last night local councillors told how the mayhem erupted following a dispute among youths.

Fine Gael rep Andrew Duncan told us: “It all kicked off with a bunch of youths fighting — 13 and 14-year-olds fighting — and it escalated into adults getting involved.

"It is dragging the whole estate down. It can’t be allowed.”

The chaos, which erupted on Thursday, led to damage running into thousands of euro after doors and windows were broken in a number of houses.

John Donoghue, 39, of Abbeylands, Mullingar,
    Martin Scally 36, and Dean Donoghue, 21, both of Farran Ashe, Mullingar,
    appeared in court last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What’s the background to the house attacks?

Inbreeding and lack of intelligence

No doubt joe and Josephine soap will be called on to cover the costs of repair or maybe even relocate the residents to brand new houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fine Gael rep Andrew Duncan told us: “It all kicked off with a bunch of youths fighting — 13 and 14-year-olds fighting — and it escalated into adults getting involved.

No background really it seems, mindless stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Home owners is a big stretch there..... Council property so we tax paying fools will foot the bill.....

It's obvious none of them work and never have.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Rubber or plastic bullets wouldn't be enough for these vermin!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what can we expect? where are the facilities for these youths? the state needs to vastly increase social welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I feel sorry for the 95% of people who live in those estates who want to live in peace but are living in fear of those types of animals

If you can't live in a house behaving in a civilised way you should be removed from society permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

This should be treated the same as a riot. Bring in the riot unit.

Disgusting behaviour that is being protected by those championing the rights of this 'ethnic minority'....what they always seem to forget with the rights is the responsibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I dont think it's the worst estate. There is many just as bad or worse unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

what can we expect? where are the facilities for these youths? the state needs to vastly increase social welfare payments.

1.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

2 Gardai sent to that, I'm sure more after but that's not on only 2 going into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I dont think it's the worst estate. There is many just as bad or worse unfortunately.

True, I mean one sandwich doesn’t make a picnic.

• Advertisement

Riot unit should go in

then all involved sentenced to life imprisonment

I know I’m a broken record on this but We need major changes to our sentencing laws and prison system also

Advertisement