Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the worst estate in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Dont see the shock here?

Its normal traveller behaviour, many many estates in the country are like this.

Its just never reported by media and RTE upper classes pretend it doesn't exist.

You cant drive a car it into most traveller saturated estates in Ireland without a gang of 5 year olds surrounding and firing stones at your car

They will grow up to be useless just like parents, feel bad for the decent people living in these estates, I was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭GerryFog

Not close to being the worst. There's estates in Dublin much worse.

Even Cappagh Road, has some nice houses in the estates but an absolute kip. The heads around the Macaris at night are a sight to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

2 Gardai sent to that, I'm sure more after but that's not on only 2 going into that.

Usually zero go in

2 is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

RasTa wrote: »

That's normal behaviour for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on your comment on 5 year olds - last thurs I was driving past a notorious estate in a town in mid Kildare - as you say, under 10 years old lined up on the green firing stones/cans/anything they can lay their hands on, at passing traffic.

A heavily obese man approx 40/45 drinking cans watching on, no doubt the grand dad of some of the brats.

Sad to see even under 10s are now indoctrinated into the culture of this cohort - vandalise, damage, break up, Rob, steal, then graduate into heavy drug use serious attacks and murder and this often ends up in suicide.

But , we are sternly lectured, this is society’s fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The worst thing is, you watch the video and see all those kids battering the house and know that you have to get up and go to work tomorrow to pay 50% of your earnings to keep those kids fed and fix that house.

The worst thing is, you watch the video and see all those kids battering the house and know that you have to get up and go to work tomorrow to pay 50% of your earnings to keep those kids fed and fix that house.

It’s beyond frustrating. Sometimes the American system seems much fairer to those who are prepared to work hard and play by society’s rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Covid 19 is not necessarily a bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

GerryFog wrote: »
    Not close to being the worst. There's estates in Dublin much worse.

Even Cappagh Road, has some nice houses in the estates but an absolute kip. The heads around the Macaris at night are a sight to behold.

I'd disagree. For the size of Dublin and the amount of wasters around i think you'd be hard pressed to find that kind of carry on. Dublin, even the dumps are over priced now so apart from the free gaf crowed you generally have to buy a house now.

What do you do though? You have to house them somewhere.

Believe me lads things would be a lot worse of we just cut them off altogether. Give them just enough to keep some what of a lid on there scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The local window installers will be creaming themselves.

• Advertisement

The local window installers will be creaming themselves.

Paid for by your tax money

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

with what?

A hurl, a baseball bat or my Da's favourite a length of fire hose.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

2 Gardai sent to that, I'm sure more after but that's not on only 2 going into that.

yeah, id say the only thing those two could do is stand back. Couldnt ask two gardai to try seperate two groups with weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

what can we expect? where are the facilities for these youths? the state needs to vastly increase social welfare payments.

Lack of facilities/boredom/nothing to do is an excuse used by people who are ****e parents.

I grew up in a council house in Tallaght, no playground or community centre around. I grew up fine. I had friends, a bike, a football and some toy cars. Why would we need anything else?

Years after we moved from the area they built a fancy large community centre, nicer than the one in the estate I live now, far away from any council estate.

If there was more facilities these scum wouldn't use them. They'd be hanging around the parks drinking or standing outside the shop harassing people as usual. You think people are scumbags because they didn't have a playground as a baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Simple solution. Guards pull up, uzi out the window, scum 0-1 society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They aren't one bit scared of the Gardaí. Our police force are way too nice to these wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Maybe it’s time for a party of law and order to be put into government.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Lack of facilities/boredom/nothing to do is an excuse used by people who are ****e parents.

If there was more facilities these scum wouldn't use them. They'd be hanging around the parks drinking or standing outside the shop harassing people as usual. You think people are scumbags because they didn't have a playground as a baby?

This 100%.

There are some areas of Derry that have plenty of money thrown at them.
    They get the play parks, facilities, football pitches etc etc.

But some are destroyed, anti-social behaviour commonplace.

Sometimes scum will just be scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

A few guards with batons would be the only job here.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwilldare

what can we expect? where are the facilities for these youths? the state needs to vastly increase social welfare payments.

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

In my area we had no facilities, the playground nearby was removed as the claims were ridiculous.
    No community centre or anything else, I grew up fine I believe, I work, pay my taxes and contribute to society but hell I'm the stupid one aren't I.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lundstram wrote: »
    They aren't one bit scared of the Gardaí. Our police force are way too nice to these wasters.

It's like some lad in fancy dress passed by and stopped for a chat

No physical presence no authority= no fear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

They obviously need to be given more dole and more lenient suspended sentences.

That'll cool their jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Neanderthals

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Pkiernan wrote: »
    They obviously need to be given more dole and more lenient suspended sentences.

That'll cool their jets.

Sure build them a swimming pool and watch them go mad after it shuts down because theyve all filed claims for staged slip and falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

It's like some lad in fancy dress passed by and stopped for a chat

No physical presence no authority= no fear

I thought it was your man in kilnaskully ffs what a joke and waste of time ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DaveyDave wrote: »
    You think people are scumbags because they didn't have a playground as a baby?
    my post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Watching things like that, makes you wish the State would resettle folks like this on a remote island off the west coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

my post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek

Haha :) people must not know you to have not gotten the satire.
    Looking at that is very depressing. I don't know what you could possibly do with children like that which would make one bit of difference to them. I feel very sorry for the decent people having to live out their lives among that sort of thing. Thank God I chose to live far away from Babylon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

This is normal. For the average law abiding citizen this might be shocking, but this is pretty much daily traveller behaviour.

Advertisement