Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the worst estate in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Watching things like that, makes you wish the State would resettle folks like this on a remote island off the west coast.

Yeah, but not any of our nice islands. We put them them Rockall. At least we could claim full sovereignty as no one else would want to go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

my post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek

It went over my head then! But it's a good point, it's usually the excuse for anti social behaviour then they get more facilities built only to be burnt out or vandalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Pavee Point will be telling us its settled people pretending to be Travellers to make them look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

This is normal. For the average law abiding citizen this might be shocking, but this is pretty much daily traveller behaviour.

Problem is: If normal law adiding citizens acted like this they would have the book thrown at them.

Effectively normal law adiding citizens are discriminated against by the courts because they are, well, normal law adiding citizens.

These scumbags will have no real consequences as a result of this (yes 3 are up in court but there were a lot more than 3 involved.

Also, it's a fairly shocking if this is accepted as 'normal'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

jim salter wrote: »
    Problem is: If normal law adiding citizens acted like this they would have the book thrown at them.

Effectively normal law adiding citizens are discriminated against by the courts because they are, well, normal law adiding citizens.

These scumbags will have no real consequences as a result of this (yes 3 are up in court but there were a lot more than 3 involved.

Also, it's a fairly shocking if this is accepted as 'normal'.

And of course these 3 disadvantaged youths will have a state appointed shrink and support group payed for by the tax payer, to find out why they’re so upset. It’s not really their fault though, if only they had space to play football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And of course these 3 disadvantaged youths will have a state appointed shrink and support group payed for by the tax payer, to find out why they’re so upset. It’s not really their fault though, if only they had space to play football.

Far from youths...
    John Donoghue, 39, of Abbeylands, Mullingar, Martin Scally 36, and Dean Donoghue, 21, both of Farran Ashe, Mullingar, appeared in court this evening.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2020/0704/1151368-mullingar-arrests/

What surprised me is they were each released on their own bale of €200, this wouldn't cover the price of one of the windows being replaced. Additionally looking on Google Maps the road these people live on is adjacent to where the incident took place, hardly a good idea them out and about in the area with just €200 a stake.

What surprised me is they were each released on their own bale of €200, this wouldn't cover the price of one of the windows being replaced. Additionally looking on Google Maps the road these people live on is adjacent to where the incident took place, hardly a good idea them out and about in the area with just €200 a stake.

That isn't surprising.. The likes of these are dealt with very differently by the courts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I didn't realise this was Mullingar.
    Grange Crescent, I used to be a postman and delivered there.
    An absolute kip, boarded up houses, burnt out cars. I came around a corner one day to see guards outside a house with a lad hanging out a top window waving a samurai sword at them.
    There are a few traveller families living there, but about 80% are just your average scum. Whole place should be bulldozed.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    An absolute kip, boarded up houses, burnt out cars. I came around a corner one day to see guards outside a house with a lad hanging out a top window waving a samurai sword at them.
    There are a few traveller families living there, but about 80% are just your average scum. Whole place should be bulldozed.

If you bulldoze it what then? All things considered, I’m grateful to have them contained to one area.

If you bulldoze it what then? All things considered, I’m grateful to have them contained to one area.

Unpopular opinion alert: I'd be quite happy to have them all brought out to dig their own mass grave and have a firing squad put them in it.
    Too many bleeding hearts in the world though.
    They are a drain on society, they always will be as will their offspring, leeching off of society.

• Advertisement

Unpopular opinion alert: I'd be quite happy to have them all brought out to dig their own mass grave and have a firing squad put them in it.
    They are a drain on society, they always will be as will their offspring, leeching off of society.

And it’s only going to keep getting worse. Let’s do some basic maths here. Most young couples now may have one kid by the time they’re in their mid-thirties, due to saving for a deposit etc. Most traveller women have 5 kids by then. In one generation that’s 25. Another generation, it’ll be 625 wasters all from the same lineage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Take note. In all fairness this seems to be a problem not exclusive to travellers. The above post is the only one with real information. Prejudice is pre-judging which is much in evidence here. Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

They should bring back industrial schools and send all these little ****s to them. Teach them some manners.

We need a serious reform of prison so that prison means hard labour and actual deprivation so that they are actually a punishment.

We need a serious reform of prison so that prison means hard labour and actual deprivation so that they are actually a punishment.

Or pay North Korea to take them into their prison system?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Or pay North Korea to take them into their prison system?

Laugh all you like.

All I know is that prison is not at all feared these days

Rehab yes but Persons given a 10 years + sentence should be coming out of prison absolutely bet down and old before their time, so that they are unfit for any further crimes in society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

And reform of social welfare. Until its not financially beneficial to have multiple children we will continue to see this kind of carry on.

Laugh all you like.

All I know is that prison is not at all feared these days

Rehab yes but Persons given a 10 years + sentence should be coming out of prison absolutely bet down and old before their time, so that they are unfit for any further crimes in society.

Try reading what I said and understanding it this time.
    I was agreeing with you ffs.
    Our system is a joke, maybe somewhere harsher like NK would do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anyone know what the reason behind the attck on these two specific houses was? (If any)

probably protesting against " the capitalist system "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Pkiernan wrote: »
    They obviously need to be given more dole and more lenient suspended sentences.

That'll cool their jets.

well thats what the left have espoused for thirty years and only a cynic would question their record

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

That really is case for RUC type crowd control. Armoured vans, rubber bullets, tear gas, baton charges, The lot. What do we get, two Gardas just walking around. Joke.
    Those people should (they won’t) be ashamed of themselves. You get one life, make the best of yourself, don’t be such a waster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: I've just deleted and threadbanned a bunch of the usual shítstirrers. Straight to red cards and forum bans from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Scangers. Redefining white trash since 1990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

You’re very much mistaken...that’s actually a popular opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    probably protesting against " the capitalist system "

Why, they don't like all the benefits? And D4 apartments,

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Easy to be judgmental in these circumstances
    Unless proper solutions are provided, this will continue in perpetuity

Genuine ideas to address the matter are needed urgently
    Even then, implementation is key
    No one solution is possible here

Instead a range of measures should be considered

Central to this

Should be what benefits society overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

And it’s only going to keep getting worse. Let’s do some basic maths here. Most young couples now may have one kid by the time they’re in their mid-thirties, due to saving for a deposit etc. Most traveller women have 5 kids by then. In one generation that’s 25. Another generation, it’ll be 625 wasters all from the same lineage.

Yes but they die quicker the poor creatures

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

As a society we need to stop tolerating people like this.

Imagine they were just locked up forever.

20 less scumbags around to ruin everything.

Keep doing that until they're all locked up.

Some sort of three strikes law to just get rid of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's like some lad in fancy dress passed by and stopped for a chat

No physical presence no authority= no fear

Killinaskully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Pavee Point will be telling us its settled people pretending to be Travellers to make them look bad.

Which is strange too because the settled people are normally too busy going on to sites and dumping rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Esse85 wrote: »
    Would love to see the guards unleash a load of angry, hungry rottweilers on this vermin. Let the dogs take chunks out of this rotten human disease.

I would just like to see them arrested.

Advertisement