Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community group ride-on motor insurance

Options
  • 05-07-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I am involved with my local Tidy Towns group and I am currently researching what the requirement is in law for ride-on mower motor insurance when mowing lawns in a public area?

We currently have ride-on insurance in place but we have just taken it out based on articles online about it but I have seen anything concrete about it.

We are currently paying about 270 euro per year for fully-comp cover. If you happen to be involved in the community and know of any insurers that might come in a bit cheaper, I'd really appreciate if you could let me know and I can give them a bell for a quote as our current policy expires in the next few weeks.

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

csonb20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am involved with my local Tidy Towns group and I am currently researching what the requirement is in law for ride-on mower motor insurance when mowing lawns in a public area?

We currently have ride-on insurance in place but we have just taken it out based on articles online about it but I have seen anything concrete about it.

We are currently paying about 270 euro per year for fully-comp cover. If you happen to be involved in the community and know of any insurers that might come in a bit cheaper, I'd really appreciate if you could let me know and I can give them a bell for a quote as our current policy expires in the next few weeks.

Many thanks for your help.

Do you have general liability insurance for the group? If not you probably should, to cover people working in public areas. If yes then maybe you are already covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Contractor all the way. Even with insurance the risk to personal liability would be too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Why can't people take responsibility for their own actions and just take it on the chin if they hurt themselves, like the way they used to do in former times. All this liability and litigation is the ruin of this country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just take it on the chin
    running over your chin with a ride on would smart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

running over your chin with a ride on would smart though.
    It's difficult lately to find those Bic 3-Blade Razors that I like:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement