Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latching socket adaptor?

Options
  • 05-07-2020 12:46pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I (like others at the moment) am having loads of short power interruptions. I have -on more than one occasion- gone into my PC bios and set it not to reboot after an outage, but it keeps rebooting by itself.

Is there any sort of adaptor than I can plug into the wall socket that will need to be physically switched on after power returns?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

A sonoff s20 smart plug can be set to default to off on a reboot

518919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have you considered an uninterruptible power supply. APC are a renowned manufacturer for industry and have some home offerings also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Cerco wrote: »
    Have you considered an uninterruptible power supply. APC are a renowned manufacturer for industry and have some home offerings also.

Yes. It would normally be the best option, but it would be a waste of money as my next replacement will be a laptop.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Lucifer wrote: »
    A sonoff s20 smart plug can be set to default to off on a reboot

518919.jpg

Might be my best option. I have one somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Koolguy

Some of those plug in RCDs have to be reset after power loss

The sonoff if it can do that be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Wearb wrote: »
    Yes. It would normally be the best option, but it would be a waste of money as my next replacement will be a laptop.

Yes it was good advice

The added feature of remote switching is a bonus that the purely mechanical items don't have

Advertisement