Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband device usage monitor

• 05-07-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have broadband with imagine. I want to monitor my usage and see what each device connected to the routher is using each day. Anyone know if it's possible with out individual apps on each device.

According to imagine if we hit 20G in a day, the system downgrades our speeds for the rest of the evening. 20G is enough but something seems to be eating into our 20G and I cant figure out which device is the culprit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

What router do they provide you with?

a lot of them have this built in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

The routher is a Gemtec WVRTM-130ACN. They gave me a password to get in to it but its not working at the moment. think they reset it.

Talking to Imagine today. Router only identifies the devices being used, not how much data they use. Anyone know an app that can monitor usage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You pretty-much have to monitor it at the router.
    Either install another router in that ones place, or go back-to-back with another router which can perform device monitoring. But you will be double-NATing in the last scenario, which may cause a problem with some devices.
    If you're feeling brave, install pfsense (router) on an old laptop/desktop with two network ports and use the monitoring graphs to work it out.
    https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/monitoring/monitoring-graphs.html

Any device which is displaying videos (Youtube/Netflix) would be the obvious target.

10-10-20 wrote: »
    You pretty-much have to monitor it at the router.
    Either install another router in that ones place, or go back-to-back with another router which can perform device monitoring. But you will be double-NATing in the last scenario, which may cause a problem with some devices.
    If you're feeling brave, install pfsense (router) on an old laptop/desktop with two network ports and use the monitoring graphs to work it out.
    https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/monitoring/monitoring-graphs.html

Any device which is displaying videos (Youtube/Netflix) would be the obvious target.

Do i need to involve imagine if i replace there router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement