Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can ridiculing and dehumanising trans people win over Middle Ireland for the right?

Options
  • 05-07-2020 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭

Of all the issues that could red pill Middle Ireland and lead to a glorious right-wing revolution, I'd say it's the transgender issue.

Ridiculing and dehumanising people really works, it's so persuasive.

Demanding that human rights are denied also really works in persuading the likes of Mary from Mullingar or Timmy from Thomastown - people that haven't yet formed a firm opinion on this issue.

I think the lesson to be learned from how the right lost the war against gay rights, and the war against abortion rights, is that it wasn't hateful enough.

Calling pro-choice supporters "murderers" during the 8th Amendment campaign definitely won a lot of middle ground votes, but anti-abortion campaigners were far too timid in this strategy and didn't do it nearly enough.

They were afraid to keep calling pro-choice supporters "murderers" - undoubtedly shouted down by the mob.

With the issue of transgender rights, surely the best thing to do is to double down and really go 100% for the dehumanisation angle?

Like, instead of even using the word transgender, wouldn't it be a much better strategy to refer only to "freaks" or "deviants"?

Generating anger and hatred at other people living their lives in the way they want is a surefire vote winner.

I think so, anyway?

Thoughts?

Comments

Of all the issues that could red pill Middle Ireland and lead to a glorious right-wing revolution, I'd say it's the transgender issue.

Demanding that human rights are denied also really works in persuading the likes of Mary from Mullingar or Timmy from Thomastown - people that haven't yet formed a firm opinion on this issue.

I think the lesson to be learned from how the right lost the war against gay rights, and the war against abortion rights, is that it wasn't hateful enough.

Calling pro-choice supporters "murderers" during the 8th Amendment campaign definitely won a lot of middle ground votes, but anti-abortion campaigners were far too timid in this strategy and didn't do it nearly enough.

They were afraid to keep calling pro-choice supporters "murderers" - undoubtedly shouted down by the mob.

With the issue of transgender rights, surely the best thing to do is to double down and really go 100% for the dehumanisation angle?

Like, instead of even using the word transgender, wouldn't it be a much better strategy to refer only to "freaks" or "deviants"?

Generating anger and hatred at other people living their lives in the way they want is a surefire vote winner.

I think so, anyway?

Thoughts?

Generating anger and hatred against people who think differently from you? How is that working out for you?

With your absurdly passive aggressive tone, what are you hoping to garner from a conversation here?

You already have your mind made up that right wingers are evil and are even pretending to be objective or even right wing yourself.

I would be considered right wing by a lot on here but I have no issue in open and honest debate. But your framing of any question here is purposely inflammatory and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the problem is that the mantra "transwomen are women" is something you have to chose to believe. You cant force people to believe it, particularly as it runs contrary to most people's understanding of human biology.

if you class "ridiculing and dehumanising" trans people as not believing the above then you are setting yourself up for a fall. it's too high a bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Thoughts?
    Maybe go for a walk outside .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Generating anger and hatred against people who think differently from you? How is that working out for you?

With your absurdly passive aggressive tone, what are you hoping to garner from a conversation here?

You already have your mind made up that right wingers are evil and are even pretending to be objective or even right wing yourself.

I would be considered right wing by a lot on here but I have no issue in open and honest debate. But your framing of any question here is purposely inflammatory and childish.

I didn't generate anger against anybody?

I'm merely looking for the best tactic/s for the right to win the war against transgenderism.

Perhaps branding transgender people as "mentally ill" would be another good tactic?

This is all about persuasion of Middle Ireland and what's the best way to go about it.

I've given my views.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

it's not a "war".

• Advertisement

I didn't generate anger against anybody?

I'm merely looking for the best tactic/s for the right to win the war against transgenderism.

Perhaps branding transgender people as "mentally ill" would be another good tactic?

This is all about persuasion of Middle Ireland and what's the best way to go about it.

I've given my views.

What do you think?

I think you are purposely fanning flames by framing your questions in a very dishonest way and I believe you to be arguing in bad faith.

Graham Linehan had what in my view was a really good, persuasive tactic to win over the middle ground on this issue.

He called trans rights activists "Nazis".

I can imagine that persuaded a lot of people.

Totally intellectually sound and morally certain in his position.

A winning combination.

Is this way the war on transgender rights should proceed?

Surely it is?

Graham Linehan had what in my view was a really good, persuasive tactic to win over the middle ground on this issue.

He called trans rights activists "Nazis".

I can imagine that persuaded a lot of people.

Totally intellectually sound and morally certain in his position.

A winning combination.

Is this way the war on transgender rights should proceed?

Surely it is?

Again, why are you being so childish with your statements?

There are plenty of threads where this debate is happening and is being mostly respectful. What's even more baffling is that you have even commented on a few.

Why did you feel the need to start a brand new thread so you can purposely wind people up?

You haven't asked any questions that haven't been asked on other threads, you have come in with a sarcastic and passive aggressive tone.

There is no way for this thread to go from here due to your horrible opening post.

Again, why are you being so childish with your statements?

There are plenty of threads where this debate is happening and is being mostly respectful. What's even more baffling is that you have even commented on a few.

Why did you feel the need to start a brand new thread so you can purposely wind people up?

You haven't asked any questions that haven't been asked on other threads, you have come in with a sarcastic and passive aggressive tone.

There is no way for this thread to go from here due to your horrible opening post.

You seem very offended.

It's almost like you've chosen to be so.

I don't know why that is.

I'm on your side here.

What, in your view, is the best strategy for the right to deny transgender rights?

Because denying transgender rights is what this is about.

We on the right might as well own it.

You seem very offended.

It's almost like you've chosen to be so.

I don't know why that is.

I'm on your side here.

What, in your view, is the best strategy for the right to deny transgender rights?

Because denying transgender rights is what this is about.

We on the right might as well own it.

Not offended in the slightest. Just don't know why you would pretend to hold right wing views when your posting history is there for all to see.

It's dishonest and childish.

• Advertisement

Let's examine the mistakes of the past.

In 2015, during the same sex marriage referendum, one of our tactics on the No side was to compare the idea of a man marrying a man or a woman marrying a woman, to a human marrying an animal.

We asked where would it stop?

What went wrong with this tactic, I wonder?

Was it not dehumanising enough? Surely the answer is yes.

We explained that same sex marriage would make marriage between a man and a woman essentially worthless.

To my surprise, this didn't seem to persuade many people either and men and women kept getting married to each other.

In 2018 during the 8th Amendment campaign, shouting "murderers" at Yes supporters didn't seem to persuade undecideds - to my surprise, the undecideds broke heavily for the Yes campaign with their pesky persuasive personal stories from women.

With the transgender issue, there's also the problem of those pesky persuasive personal stories, including people driven to suicide because they felt that society didn't accept them for who they are.

We on the right who want to deny these people their rights to live their lives as they want have to come up with a way to mask the fact that our position is essentially a self-conscious grift.

Dehumanising them, whipping up hatred, calling them Nazis and/or mentally ill, bullying them into silence so we won't have to ever think about them again surely seems the best way of doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Can't believe you were able to say that without any hint of irony.

Stark wrote: »
    Can't believe you were able to say that without any hint of irony.

Absolutely Mr stark. I was quoting from the original post.

I don't try to generate anger or hatred. I do get heated in debate sometimes, we all do. But purposefully starting a thread in order to do nothing but flame is unnecessary especially when there are multiple active threads about the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I think so, anyway?

Thoughts?

You're a spoofer and a bad one at that,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There are two active threads on this already.just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin: Thread closed.

sid waddell - open a thread in this vein again, and I'll permanently ban you from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement