Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Defenders?

Options
  • 05-07-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Just broke my ear defenders. Rather than go into my two shop town and grab what ever they have available, I thought I'd check Amazon. Probably get them just as fast.

So many to choose from! Where does one start? Anyone got any tips, or suggestions, please?

My hearing's so shot, already, I really don't like to operate a power tool without them. And I've got a LOT of power tool using coming up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

3M usually okay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

I would highly recommend Peltor Optime III, definitely overkill for DIY but you need to protect your hearing especially as you say you've already experienced hearing loss.

Not much more expensive than Optime I or II and comfortable to wear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

:D Thanks, lads! Tremendous to see such consensus.

I have to confess, I went for the II, because I'm a sucker for that green and they say they best suit my purposes anyway :o

rsz-screenshot-20200705-183328.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

:eek: WOW!!! They arrived today. My neighbour dropped them down to me and we were chatting as I tried them on .....

I'm really not sure. But, his mouth certainly looked like he was still genuinely saying something. Not just getting me at it.

I Do know I've just done an afternoons work with a range of power tools and hammering. Only to realise there was rain bouncing off the tin roof when I took these bad boys off!

The lads were right: 3M Rocks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Thanks for the reminder. I had peltors in the lab to keep the sound of the sonicator out and forgot about them. We've been using regular earplugs with certain powertools here and they're well not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

have the II's here. Excellent equipment and very comfortable.

Advertisement