If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 55PUS8204

Options
  • 05-07-2020 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'll likely want to pick up a Philips 55PUS8204 in August. Will you have this model or similar coming in, and any idea what the price will be in euro? There doesn't seem to be any 55" Philips models on your site at the moment, apart from the OLED which are out of my price range unfortunately.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi folks,

I'll likely want to pick up a Philips 55PUS8204 in August. Will you have this model or similar coming in, and any idea what the price will be in euro? There doesn't seem to be any 55" Philips models on your site at the moment, apart from the OLED which are out of my price range unfortunately.
    Hi Spongerrobinson.

Thanks for the post.

The 55PUS8204 is not one that is showing on our incoming list and is not created on our .co.uk as a hot new product.
    There will be the 55PUS7805 arriving which will be priced at £499 or 569 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.com/philips-55pus7805.html

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi folks,

Hi Spongerrobinson.

Thanks for the post.

The 55PUS8204 is not one that is showing on our incoming list and is not created on our .co.uk as a hot new product.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny. Strange, as I think it's a brand new model from what I can see. Maybe it's Curry's specific? Specs look somewhat similar, but the 8204 runs Android, is silver and has a nicer stand and higher PPI - not sure how much relevance that has.

I can check in again when I'm ready to purchase in a month or so.

Hi folks,

Hi Spongerrobinson.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny. Strange, as I think it's a brand new model from what I can see. Maybe it's Curry's specific? Specs look somewhat similar, but the 8204 runs Android, is silver and has a nicer stand and higher PPI - not sure how much relevance that has.

I can check in again when I'm ready to purchase in a month or so.
    Hey Spongerobinson.

It is possible.

Sometimes we don't stock all the ranges from a certain manufacturer but please do check with me closer to the time when you a re ready to purchase and I can check again on our incoming stock sheets.

Kenny.

Hi lads,

Are the Philips models on the website all that are coming at this stage? I've pretty much decided on the Philips 55PUS7805 I think. I like the Ambilight (have a DIY one running off Kodi on a Raspberry Pi at the moment), and I think it'll go well with the Pioneer receiver and Atmos speakers I got off you earlier in the year. Anything I should know about this model in comparison to other similarly priced 55" models?

Is there anything to be done on the price for a returning customer? Happy to pay in sterling using Revolut too if it works out a better deal. Feel free to PM if you don't want to give away the deal of the century in public :D

Thanks!

Hi lads,

Are the Philips models on the website all that are coming at this stage? I've pretty much decided on the Philips 55PUS7805 I think. I like the Ambilight (have a DIY one running off Kodi on a Raspberry Pi at the moment), and I think it'll go well with the Pioneer receiver and Atmos speakers I got off you earlier in the year. Anything I should know about this model in comparison to other similarly priced 55" models?

Is there anything to be done on the price for a returning customer? Happy to pay in sterling using Revolut too if it works out a better deal. Feel free to PM if you don't want to give away the deal of the century in public :D

Thanks!
    Hi spongerobinson,

Thanks for getting back to us!

The Philips TVs are fantastic and give a great picture as well and smart hub as well as offering support for Dolby Vision! The 55PUS7805 is the only model we have available however it is currently out of stock at the moment with more due in late August. We also have a higher Spec 58" on the way, the 58PUS8555. This is also out of stock but due in mid to late August. It has a great picture but also uses the Android operating system!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-philips-58pus8555-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi lads,

Thanks!
    Hi spongerobinson,

The Philips TVs are fantastic and give a great picture as well and smart hub as well as offering support for Dolby Vision! The 55PUS7805 is the only model we have available however it is currently out of stock at the moment with more due in late August. We also have a higher Spec 58" on the way, the 58PUS8555. This is also out of stock but due in mid to late August. It has a great picture but also uses the Android operating system!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-philips-58pus8555-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David

Hi spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Unfortunately the 58" is too big for the space I have, as much as I'd prefer it! The 55" should just about fit. Can my name be put down for one of the 55" when they are back in stock? Can provide contact details via PM if necessary. Thanks very much.

Hi spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Unfortunately the 58" is too big for the space I have, as much as I'd prefer it! The 55" should just about fit. Can my name be put down for one of the 55" when they are back in stock? Can provide contact details via PM if necessary. Thanks very much.
    Hi Spongerobinson,

If you PM me with your details I can place a no obligation order on the system for you and let you know when the 55PUS7805 is back in stock!

Kind regards

David

Hi Spongerobinson,

If you PM me with your details I can place a no obligation order on the system for you and let you know when the 55PUS7805 is back in stock!

Kind regards

David
    Sounds great David - I'll PM my details over now.

Thanks.

Hi Spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David
    Sounds great David - I'll PM my details over now.

Thanks.
    Cheers Spongerobinson.

We'll get that sorted for you now :)

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Cheers Spongerobinson.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny - hopefully hear from you that stock is arriving soon!

Cheers Spongerobinson.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny - hopefully hear from you that stock is arriving soon!
    Hey Spongerobinson.

We'll be in touch as soon as we hear anything :)

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.