Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem receiving activation codes on mobile

Options
  • 06-07-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to set up the keycode app on my mobile phone. I am applying through 365online and when I try sending the security code I just keep getting the same text message saying 'Bank of Ireland: We've experienced a problem with your mobile number' etc. I just recently changed mobile network provider but my phone number is the same if that might be a reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Wailin wrote: »
    I have been trying to set up the keycode app on my mobile phone. I am applying through 365online and when I try sending the security code I just keep getting the same text message saying 'Bank of Ireland: We've experienced a problem with your mobile number' etc. I just recently changed mobile network provider but my phone number is the same if that might be a reason?
    Hi Wailin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. In this instance we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365 and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this further for you. Generally if any changes like changing mobile network or a sim change would require a call to our team. 

Our team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help with anything else. 

Take care, thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 4 betamesz

So what in case if I didn't change my phone or internet provider, I just recently downloaded Keycode app, it's generating codes that can't be used, not working, why? 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I had same issue.  I was on same provider (Vodafone) and just changed my mobile.  Essentially just moved sim from one phone to next.  According to BOI support I got through to on the phone, this is picked up by the app and the phone won't receive any SMS mesages from BOI for up to 5 working days. After 5 days it started working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

betamesz wrote: »
    So what in case if I didn't change my phone or internet provider, I just recently downloaded Keycode app, it's generating codes that can't be used, not working, why? 
    Hi betamesz, 

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear this. In this instance we would recommend that you raise this with our customer service team and our colleagues here will be happy to look into this further for you. 

We would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account through the main website, select service desk and Ask a question and one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000. We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well. 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement