Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia Day/Night or Nightsaver

Options
  • 06-07-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hello,
    I want to switch to Energia as they are cheaper then SSE.

Normally providers have either standard 24 hours or a day/night tariiff.

Energia have 3 options: standard 24hour,
    Day/night
    Night saver.

What is the difference between Day/Night and Nightsaver.

Our meter has the day and night reader. Nightsaver is cheaper than Day/Night. Can I choose the Nightsaver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

micah537 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I want to switch to Energia as they are cheaper then SSE.

Normally providers have either standard 24 hours or a day/night tariiff.

Energia have 3 options: standard 24hour,
    Day/night
    Night saver.

What is the difference between Day/Night and Nightsaver.

Our meter has the day and night reader. Nightsaver is cheaper than Day/Night. Can I choose the Nightsaver?

Day/Night is two rates, one for day (normally around twice the night) and one for night. Nightsaver is same but only allowed if you have storage heaters hence the rate.

I would first find out your percentage of units you use at night vs day before changing and then use bonkers or other website to switch and get best rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Thanks for that.

We have 3 storage heaters downstairs but just 5 normal electric upstairs so could I still choose nightsaver?

It's a rented house so is there any hassle switching from the Day/Night tariff to the nightsaver, like a different meter added or anything?

Current bill is 626KWH Day and 522 Night
    A winter bill was 812 Day and 1100 Night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

micah537 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

We have 3 storage heaters downstairs but just 5 normal electric upstairs so could I still choose nightsaver?

It's a rented house so is there any hassle switching from the Day/Night tariff to the nightsaver, like a different meter added or anything?

Current bill is 626KWH Day and 522 Night
    A winter bill was 812 Day and 1100 Night

May have problem with rented house, no charge for putting in day/night meter but there is one for taking it out, also the standing charge is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sintoke

Day/Night is two rates, one for day (normally around twice the night) and one for night. Nightsaver is same but only allowed if you have storage heaters hence the rate.

I would first find out your percentage of units you use at night vs day before changing and then use bonkers or other website to switch and get best rate.

Hi! Sorry for retrieving this months after. But I have the same doubt as OP and I'm still not sure about it.

I live in a small 1-bed apartment and I do half of my consumption at night (2 storage heaters, washing machine, immersion heater). Energia told me after checking my MPRN that I can choose NightSaver if I want, so it's up to me whether to choose Day/Night or NightSaver plan, but they didn't explain me why.

Why should I choose Day/Night if NightSaver is apparently cheaper?

Thanks so much in advance.

Advertisement