Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompuB in Examinership

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

whippet wrote: »
    Worrying news about CompuB

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/interim-examiner-appointed-to-parent-company-of-apple-reseller-chain-compu-b-by-high-court-39338608.html

It seems that their expansion in the UK has been badly affected by the Covid situation - projected rebates from Apple won't materialise due to poor trading performance.

Hopefully it won't mean the end of their retail presence in Ireland as they have almost been ever present on the highstreet for the guts of 20 years.

Also 110 jobs in Ireland along with another couple of hundred in the UK.

Would be a pity to see them go , I always found them great to deal with, you would wonder if branching out in the U.K. made sense , the U.K. has plenty of official apple stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

We really should have had an actual apple store (at least one actually), as good as Galmac (bought out by compu b a couple of years ago) and the likes were, they could never actually match what an apple store could do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I have never understood Compub, how they always flog old stock without letting folks know they are buying older model at the same original price.

Good example,

They are selling the old 2014 Mac mini at €1,129.00
    https://www.compub.com/mac/mac-mini/mac-mini-2-8ghz

While you can get the 2018 Mac mini (with the upgrading base storage - 2020) for €1,299.00 -
    https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini

I even had something similar happen when a friend of mine was about to buy an iPad from them, only realised the last moments it was an older model and just told him to get it directly from Apple (we ended up buying it from PC World at the end).

Such a deceitful practices if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 noa2020

They’ve always been quite bad for faulty items as well in my opinion.

The best one was when I bought one of the Apple silicone cases, the lining came off after 2 weeks and they refused to do anything about as it wasn’t covered under warranty.

Strangely enough even though it “wasn’t covered", Apple directly replaced it for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

noa2020 wrote: »
    They’ve always been quite bad for faulty items as well in my opinion.

The best one was when I bought one of the Apple silicone cases, the lining came off after 2 weeks and they refused to do anything about as it wasn’t covered under warranty.

Strangely enough even though it “wasn’t covered", Apple directly replaced it for me....

Warranties never supersede the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 - never be afraid to mention this to any retailer who spouts the out-of-warranty thing, when the item is not:

Of merchantable quality
    Fit for the purpose intended
    As described

• Advertisement
Advertisement