Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 !Control Panel Battery Pack

Options
  • 06-07-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys

Been reading through a few battery threads and I still need some help !

Alarm must be about 6 years old (No wireless sensors batteries have been changed yet :o

Been left on my own with this system since it was fitted etc, all been fine so far !

So, Just before I closed up shop in March due to Covid I was getting control panel battery needs changing, it's well over 3 years old as I said so not timer related (I think) I had been reading in some threads about this 3 year timer gets enabled in the menu when the system is getting installed....

Anyway opened panel last week back up battery gone (Metered it, it had been bugging me before and i'm back open last week after 14 weeks)

Replaced pack (With mains on) now i'm getting this.... Video below, I thought i'd upload this
    so you can LMK what I need to do to get this back to normal when arming and disarming....

Thanks

maxmix

(Well I had to come back to this post because I cannot post a link to youtube)

This is it here (Sorry) about the spaces etc https : // www. youtube. com/ watch?v=wD_Av6mRsJs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

The batteries in the sensors,are going low know,You will need to change them,
    If the alarm is 6 years old, it would be no harm to give it a service,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

droidmix wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Been reading through a few battery threads and I still need some help !

Alarm must be about 6 years old (No wireless sensors batteries have been changed yet :o

Been left on my own with this system since it was fitted etc, all been fine so far !

So, Just before I closed up shop in March due to Covid I was getting control panel battery needs changing, it's well over 3 years old as I said so not timer related (I think) I had been reading in some threads about this 3 year timer gets enabled in the menu when the system is getting installed....

Anyway opened panel last week back up battery gone (Metered it, it had been bugging me before and i'm back open last week after 14 weeks)

Replaced pack (With mains on) now i'm getting this.... Video below, I thought i'd upload this
    so you can LMK what I need to do to get this back to normal when arming and disarming....

Thanks

maxmix

(Well I had to come back to this post because I cannot post a link to youtube)

This is it here (Sorry) about the spaces etc https : // www. youtube. com/ watch?v=wD_Av6mRsJs

Firstly it is not the actions of the Installer of a Quantum Panel to set up a battery failure condition 3 years later.
    This is the recommendation of the manufacturer, they know their product better than anyone else.

To change the Panel Battery you also need to get into the system programming in order to reset this 3 year timer again.

I tried looking at your youtube video but it would not link.

As per the previous poster mentioned, you might as well replace all the batteries in all of the devices at this stage.

Advertisement