Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Life hack for squeaky car seat?

Options
  • 06-07-2020 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a 161 Nissan Pulsar recently and the driver seat is squeaky, I tried a little WD40 under the seat, but the noise seems to be inside the seat its self.

Any tips on how to get to it or is it possible to remove the cover, please?

TIA
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

WD40 is pretty smelly, OK was worth a shot , you've tried it unfortunately it didn't work, me, I wouldn't try it again.
    Maybe try silicone spray, I think the smell dies down quick enough with the doors left open.
    Probably more suited to what you want to lubricate.

Having said that, I can't help but wonder if some screw is loose there under the seat, might be aggravating things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a 161 Nissan Pulsar recently and the driver seat is squeaky, I tried a little WD40 under the seat, but the noise seems to be inside the seat its self.

Any tips on how to get to it or is it possible to remove the cover, please?

TIA
    I've the same problem ,not always though, drive you barmy

Advertisement