Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I do chargeback for House of Fraser purchase. Their Dundrum store is closed

Options
  • 06-07-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased some dresses instore at House of Fraser last Sunday ( 28th June). When I bought them, their staff at the still assured me I could return them for a refund if they didn't fit. As this was their closing down sale, I asked when they were closing up, I was told the end of July.

I went to the store in Dundrum to return said items, however the store there is permanently closed to the public, so I have nowhere to get a refund.

Can you please advise.

Thanks]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

doireann08 wrote: »
    Hi,

I purchased some dresses instore at House of Fraser last Sunday ( 28th June). When I bought them, their staff at the still assured me I could return them for a refund if they didn't fit. As this was their closing down sale, I asked when they were closing up, I was told the end of July.

I went to the store in Dundrum to return said items, however the store there is permanently closed to the public, so I have nowhere to get a refund.

Can you please advise.

Thanks]
    Hi doireann08, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. I’m afraid in this instance as you have received the products from house of Fraser there is no scope to submit a transaction dispute through bank of Ireland. However we would strongly recommend that you reach out to House of Fraser directly, they may have an email address available online To arrange an alternative method of refund and return considering the store is now closed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

Advertisement