Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Ban

Options
  • 06-07-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was banned for three months for posting this comment.

Originally Posted by Strumms

“Klopp being an absolute cock in the interview, just answer the question. Jeeez.”

My comment was in relation to an interview by the Liverpool manager
    Jurgen Klopp where he was asked a simple and reasonably posed question, but went off on a rant instead.

While there are several definitions of the word ‘cock’ across the various dictionaries including some that may be construed as abusive, my usage of the word directly in its meaning and context used was not abusive....

Had I said Klopp WAS a cock, fair enough, I said he was ‘being’ a cock as in specifically in the interview.

If José Mourinho was interviewed after tonight’s game whereby he said things that provoked a reaction where I said...

“Jose is being an idiot”

“Jose is being an arsehole here”

“Jose is being a bit of a muppet”

What I said was no different and I wouldn’t like to experience a ban for any of the above or see fellow posters have to endure the same.

My comments again... ‘being’ his behavior, not abusive towards him.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod who banned you?

Just to add, you received a yellow card for the post. The ban follows under the forum totting-up process, so any appeal should focus on whether a yellow (rather than a ban) was warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes. I attempted to communicate with DM_7 in private early on 03/07 in response but nothing has been forthcoming since.

Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks

I'll let the CMods know

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Strumms, I can have a look at this.

Can you post the PM conversation where you appealed with the mod please.

Thanks, Here is the PM.

There hasn’t up to now been a response..

“What I said was that he was ‘being’ a cock, referring to his behavior... I didnt say he was a cock, I didnt say he was an asshole, dickhead etc... if I had then YES.. I was abusing him... the context of my comment was simply referencing the interview he gave, which was in my view and related as part of the discussion...

The absolute thinness of somebodies skin that they would report that and secondly the absolute jokeshop of moderation standards that we are witnessing now in the Liverpool foru...sorry the soccer forum where a poster cant give an honest yet critical opinion without being turfed off the forum for a quarter of a year, because they chose to use slang expression to criticize something they didnt agree with, without any malice or hurtful intent.

Either way, the reply Im sure will be a link to inform as to the appeals process.... I am not despite the time available thanks to covid.. of the mind to start a begging process, arguing over the semantics of the English language just to have the appeal, thrown out, upheld or the sentence lightened, whatever the result..... because either way, because Ive said that I thought that somebody was being a cock (commenting on behavior ‘being’ - related directly to what was said in one interview) somebody thinks that’s a quarter of a year ban from soccer ? Marvelous stuff, thanks !”
    ————————
    A bit emotive but very relative to the situation and the general distain which any posts critical to a certain club, be it what happens on the field, off the field or in front of them mic. The goal surly when contributing to the forum is to relate your honest thoughts and opinions. It would be the same if it was Aston Villa Manager Dean Smith ... the point stands..

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well I'm not surprised they didn't reply to tirade like that, plus you basically said you had no interest in appealing.

Surely saying someone is being a cock is the same as saying they are one? I'd imagine you'd be equally insulted at either statement were you on the receiving end surely?

If certain moderators have no interest in replying to messages in good faith, those even with an emotive context, you might possibly think about advertising the fact on the forum, at least that may temper expectations.

I had an interest subsequently in appealing, so I did, as I’m entitled to.

It isn’t the same, if I said to a friend, “hey you might be a bit foolish for sending that message...” or you ARE a fool... you are is labeling, definitive.. ‘being’ is in relation to behavior...

I see that you are not of any mind to actually engage with me anyway as regards the core issue as to why I posted so you are hitting over the head with semantics instead and attempting to railroad a skewed and inaccurate view (yours) of what happened. Disappointing but not surprised.

Apologies for not coming back to this sooner, slipped by the wayside over the last few weeks.

I won't waste anymore of your time, I don't see any reason to lift the card from your explanation of your intent. Cock is a much more abusive term than fool so imo so your example doesn't cut it.

So I'm choosing to uphold the card. You can have an admin review it if you wish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Strumms, do you wish to have an admin review or can this be closed?

As Mickeroo has changed roles, I'll handle the rest of this thread.

Let me know please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Strumms, it's been almost a month.

Have you anything to add or can this be closed?

• Advertisement

As the OP has not responded further I'm closing this one up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement