Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Refund (non Covid related)

Options
  • 06-07-2020 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to see if I am being unreasonable or not.
    Very recently paid 300 as a special treat in a 4 star hotel. Booked a suite, whole nine yards.
    I have written to the hotel requesting a refund or a voucher to use in the future as the water kept turning off in our room due to airlocks. Effectively could not brush teeth, have a shower flush toilet etc during a pandemic. We used wipes, mouthwash and bottled water as we could do nothing else. I drove home with shampoo still in my hair as couldn't wash it out.
    Hotel would not do anything for us at checkout as they said it was unforeseen and outside of their control. Not happy with this as you can imagine and have written a formal complaint but am currently being ghosted.
    Intend to send a registered letter in the next few days outlining the issues experienced, I wish the water had been the only one.

Really pi**ed off having spent so much on the room and expected some discount etc as a general courtesy given what happened. Really annoyed as booked it as a special treat for OH.

Haven't yet gone the review online route as would like to give them a chance to sort it out. Any other steps I should be taking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Did you only tell them at checkout or during your stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If you told them when you noticed it and they did nothing, then they should do something.

If you waited until checkout, then I don't see a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Darc19 wrote: »
    If you told them when you noticed it and they did nothing, then they should do something.

If you waited until checkout, then I don't see a case.

Hi Sorry should have clarified. Notified them multiple times during the stay about the water issues.
    Response was to keep running all the taps until it blew through. This didn't work though and it kept going off. It would come back for a few minutes, but flush the toilet run the tap and the issue came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Did you just speak to reception on checkout or the Duty Manager?

Can you get the general managers name and ring and speak to them directly? You don't have to tell reception what it's about once you have their name.

If your not getting a response from the general manager then there is something wrong there.

Give the hotel a chance to exhaust complaints procedures before going online. We are only back since Monday last and it is very different than when we left and a steep learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭godfather2

Kaylami wrote: »
    Did you just speak to reception on checkout or the Duty Manager?

Can you get the general managers name and ring and speak to them directly? You don't have to tell reception what it's about once you have their name.

If your not getting a response from the general manager then there is something wrong there.

Give the hotel a chance to exhaust complaints procedures before going online. We are only back since Monday last and it is very different than when we left and a steep learning curve.

Hi, yes have emailed the GM. Going to pop off a registered letter end of the week if still no responses. I don't want to leave a bad review if not needed. As you said everywhere only back open, so need to be fair. Once it gets sorted am happy enough. Appreciate might need to give a little leeway on a response time, just wondering where the line between being reasonable and being walked on lies during these times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement