Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates - Cloning a Remote Fob

Options
  • 07-07-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I've recently bought some remote fobs online to use as spares. I've successfully gone through the cloning process and everything seems fine except for one important point - they won't operate the gates.

I've got a FAAC 770n kit with (I believe) the E145 control panel. Is there a step that needs to be done in terms of pairing the new remote with the control panel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Technique wrote: »
    I've recently bought some remote fobs online to use as spares. I've successfully gone through the cloning process and everything seems fine except for one important point - they won't operate the gates.

I've got a FAAC 770n kit with (I believe) the E145 control panel. Is there a step that needs to be done in terms of pairing the new remote with the control panel?

Thanks.

Did you check firstly to see were they compatible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

kub wrote: »
    Did you check firstly to see were they compatible ?

Both 433MHz, but beyond that no.

They were cheap so worth a punt.

Technique wrote: »
    Both 433MHz, but beyond that no.

They were cheap so worth a punt.

Most of them are around that frequency, my best advice is to get the proper FAAC ones.

The logic here being, the security element, I doubt you would like the idea of anyone being able to open your gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Would the FAAC ones work out of the box or by a cloning procedure, or would I need to get someone to match them with the control panel?

No you have to pair them up with your controller.

Edit: It might be best to get onto whomever did the gates for you and get a cost off them to supply and program the remotes and as they are at it get them to service the gates and do a safety audit on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My experience (which is not extensive) with FAAC gates is that each fob must be paired with the gate control panel. Its not a difficult process but you need access to the control panel and to enter the fob pairing mode where you then operate the fob and teach the control panel to see it.

Advertisement