Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toast pre-buttered?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

When I first saw the title I thought it was someone putting on butter before they toasted it (and yes before people ask I have heard and someone admit to that). As for the OP ya I be perplexed about getting my toast with butter on it. As for the coke I suppose it's better then the pint of beer I saw someone on holidays having with the fry in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pre buttered toast is an abomination .

I will put butter on toast or bread if eating it on its own but as I am often planning to make a bacon butty with the toast and I do not eat butter on either bread or toast when in a sandwich form.
    I would have sent it back.

Oh your missing out 2 slices of toast a thin layer of butter the strawberry jam sausage. It is heaven. I know may sound weird but so good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If the toast is going to be cold when it gets to me, I don't mind if they butter it so it can melt in.

But don't come to me with cold toast and one of those mini butters straight out of the fridge :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'd be a bit wary of pre-buttered toast but because I like the butter to melt in, it would be preferable to getting cold toast with rock hard butter, as the esteemed member of The A-Team has just said.
    lickalot wrote: »
    Ever try toast with butter on both sides. Its a completely different experience.
    Ever try a toast sandwich, as in toast between two slices of untoasted bread? Interesting texture and I'm sure you could experiment with it a bit, regarding other things to add to it.
    Baggly wrote: »
    Go away out of that.

So i decide to make some toast.

Get the bread.

My kid grabs the bread before i get a chance to toast it.

What is my kid eating?

Bread. Not toast.
    Would you ever put a bit of manners on that brat?!? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'd be a bit wary of pre-buttered toast but because I like the butter to melt in, it would be preferable to getting cold toast with rock hard butter, as the esteemed member of The A-Team has just said.

Ever try a toast sandwich, as in toast between two slices of untoasted bread? Interesting texture and I'm sure you could experiment with it a bit, regarding other things to add to it.

Would you ever put a bit of matter on that brat?!? ;)

Our kids are reflections of us. That is 100% what i did to my da too. Everyone knows food stolen from your parents tastes better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Coke with a fry?... Jesus..
    Yeah Diet Coke would make more sense.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Anyone else read the thread title and expect the bread to be buttered before it was toasted?

Tempted to put some buttered bread under the grill, it sounds lovely. Maybe put some bacon on it, bit of ketchup.

Same principle as frying brown bread in butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I don't know why, but the idea of pre-buttered toast deeply unsettles me.

The Irish Fry is sacred and perfect - it doesn't need such notions and it rightly shuns innovation.

Also it should be accompanied by Tea, or at the very worst Coffee. Not Coke - jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tempted to put some buttered bread under the grill, it sounds lovely. Maybe put some bacon on it, bit of ketchup.

Same principle as frying brown bread in butter.

When my other half makes toast, when the bread is toasted she'll butter it and put back in the toaster for a few seconds probably why the toasters keep breaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CucamarMor

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When my other half makes toast, when the bread is toasted she'll butter it and put back in the toaster for a few seconds probably why the toasters keep breaking

PsychoWife!?! :D I'm joking but wow - i've never heard of such a thing! I must say I'm a little mindblown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Also it should be accompanied by Tea, or at the very worst Coffee. Not Coke - jaysus

I had tea and coke. Nothing wrong with that.

I have a friend who always has a bit of garlic sauce with his. That doesn't seem right to me.

Advertisement