Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hue Bridge v1 to v2

• 07-07-2020 11:38am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just yesterday got a new hue bridge.

It’s the v2. It’s not picking up any of the older bulbs I have in the house, the ones I was using with the v1 bridge.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eeloe wrote: »
    I just yesterday got a new hue bridge.

It’s the v2. It’s not picking up any of the older bulbs I have in the house, the ones I was using with the v1 bridge.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you leave your old hub connected?

If you leave everything setup as it was, just setup the second hub. The app should see it then, and should transfer the blubs across.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Davy wrote: »
    Did you leave your old hub connected?

If you leave everything setup as it was, just setup the second hub. The app should see it then, and should transfer the blubs across.

Yes left the old hub connected, just wouldn’t work.

Ended up having to manually add each bulb, no big deal in the end, apart from having to unscrew each one and type the serial number in and search for each bulb individually.

Have everything working with Siri/Homepods now so all is good

Advertisement