Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More from Roderic O'Gorman (MOD NOTE IN OPENING POST)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It did and in fairness to john Connors he gave a speech at it - it’s up on YouTube.

It looked like it was approx 95% anti o Gorman at it from the video, a very small crowd of supporters of him at it. Less than 10.

Classy bunch involved all right

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1282042409132724235?s=19

Gruffalox wrote: »
    I see recently that the BBC removed Mermaids as a link for trans issues. Mermaids has had input into school training programs re trans in the UK. They promote the absolutely ascientific codswallop that one can be born in the wrong body. There are so very view " trans children" why on earth would one even dream of introducing more generally what is essentially a new religious dreamspeak that can promote ideological mistruths to very small children. There are children who suffer all manner of body dysphorias, and we do not encourage dysphoria positive training in schools. A child is never born in the wrong body. Sex is binary. They may have gender dysphoria and with their parents should seek proper medical care and counselling. To bolster or promote gender theory in schools is nothing short of effing madness.

Are you saying that trans children should continue to live as their biological gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Since when has this trans gender stuff become such a big issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Since people are afraid to go outside and sit at computer instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Are you saying that trans children should continue to live as their biological gender?

Children should live in their biological SEX and express their GENDER inclinations however they bloody well like. I completely disagree with medical treatments of dysphoric children that involves giving them pubertal blockers or cross sex hormones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Looks like O'Gorman is safe! Justine McCarthy has mounted a stern defence of him in the Sunday Times accusing his critics of being 13 century throwbacks who don't wash and have three toes on each foot. She also wants anyone caught writing anything nasty about him on social media to be forced to share a room with Johnny Depp for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Since loads of people came forward with their stories of how their had their lives ruined by being allowed change gender as kids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51806962

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Only a simpleton who is worried would make O'Gormans sexual orientation relevant when making any connection to the concerns of many evidently have regarding our minister for health. Whenever I read people defending O'Gorman and downplaying the whole point of the criticism, it just looks the progressive sycophants are attempting to reduce damage control.

Iv worked with Aoife and we have mutual friends through different groups and often ended up back at houses for sessions. Twitter feeds into her "yaz b*tch" ego but her personality is the polar opposite in person. She is melodramatic whenever someone responds to her sh*t, Iv literally witnessed her call out someone for what they've said and whinge when they don't like the response or have no one to back her up. She's a twitter "hun" personality. Tweets like the one above is laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Brian Hartman

I hope this creep O'Gorman is forced to resign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I hope this creep O'Gorman is forced to resign.

Why is he a creep now? Still peddling tired conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Judging from the short clip I saw of the protest, it appears the greens just didn’t show up at the protest which makes me wonder have they “checked out” on ROG and it’s only a matter of time before he’s shifted

With their leadership contest both Eamon Ryan and Catherine Martin probably see it as a distraction and not a vote winner at this stage?

very strange they didn’t show support when they were provided an opportunity

Judging from the short clip I saw of the protest, it appears the greens just didn’t show up at the protest which makes me wonder have they “checked out” on ROG also,

With their leadership contest both Eamon Ryan and Catherine Martin probably see it as a distraction and not a vote winner at this stage?

very strange they didn’t show support when they were provided an opportunity ?

More like not viewing the protest to be deserving of any attendance. Those protesting is pretty telling to most and nobody credible showed up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Judging from the short clip I saw of the protest, it appears the greens just didn’t show up at the protest which makes me wonder have they “checked out” on ROG and it’s only a matter of time before he’s shifted

Or they didn't want to dignify the crazies with appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

References to racism and satanic pedophile rings show just how deluded some of the opposition to this is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why on earth would the Greens show up at a fascist protest?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ehh, I don't think fascists vote Green.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Brian Hartman

Eh, to confront the 'fascists'?

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Children should live in their biological SEX and express their GENDER inclinations however they bloody well like. I completely disagree with medical treatments of dysphoric children that involves giving them pubertal blockers or cross sex hormones.

A) so you recognise that there will be trans children in school with other children, but you desperately oppose any education of those children on this issue?

B) do you disagree with medical treatment of precocious puberty in children using puberty blockers?

Only a simpleton who is worried would make O'Gormans sexual orientation relevant when making any connection to the concerns of many evidently have regarding our minister for health. Whenever I read people defending O'Gorman and downplaying the whole point of the criticism, it just looks the progressive sycophants are attempting to reduce damage control.

Iv worked with Aoife and we have mutual friends through different groups and often ended up back at houses for sessions. Twitter feeds into her "yaz b*tch" ego but her personality is the polar opposite in person. She is melodramatic whenever someone responds to her sh*t, Iv literally witnessed her call out someone for what they've said and whinge when they don't like the response or have no one to back her up. She's a twitter "hun" personality. Tweets like the one above is laughable.

These guys are holding up noose images at a public protest, and you think Aoife's melodrama is the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The bit I saw with John Connors wasn’t a fascist protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

A) so you recognise that there will be trans children in school with other children, but you desperately oppose any education of those children on this issue?

B) do you disagree with medical treatment of precocious puberty in children using puberty blockers?

Paediatric Body Dysmorphic Disorder is by far and away more common than Gender Dysphoria in children. Up to 2.5% of kids have it and it has a high rate of suicidal ideation associated with it. We do not ''educate'' children on this issue in the way you mean. 9% of children have ADHD diagnosis. 7% have anxiety disorders. 1|% have eating disorders. We do not mold curricula around these childhood distresses. I do not see any reason to do so re childhood gender dysphoria. And especially not to introduce false ideas based on post modern gender theory.

As for pubertal blockers for precocious puberty I think it is very much a balancing act. About 0.01% of children experience precocious puberty so it is very rare. It has direct medical consequences eg retarded growth and increase in all-cause mortality. So a doctor may weigh that risk against a short term use of pubertal blockers. Having said that there is growing worry about even short term use for directly medical conditions with inherent physical risk such as precocious puberty, as the blockers have been shown to reduce bone density, cause joints to deteriorate, cause depression and anxiety etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

it became a protest because of his work on the bill to allow kids decide to be different genders on paper. too many people were saying things about ogorman and kids in the same sentence for the rabble rousers to ignore.

I would have thought he would have more important issues to get stuck into in his new job before something like that.

I would have thought he would have more important issues to get stuck into in his new job before something like that.

It was on the policy changes of the previous government so it's in the plan for government... Hardly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well if someone I was in a picture with suggested 9 year olds would enjoy sex with adults I would be distancing myself from them quick smart when I found out what they are like and I'd imagine you would as well.

I don't doubt some used it to get at him but a lot of people were genuinely concerned he remained silent on it.

as i've said before, homophobia is no doubt the motivation for many on this but as you say, it behoves the minister for children to immediately clarify his opinion when there is even a whisper of anything remotely dodgy no matter how tenuous the connection - which he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think he did himself no favors with pick that at the first issues he decided to highlight. It's almost like he wanted to be controversial.

as i've said before, homophobia is no doubt the motivation for many on this but as you say, it behoves the minister for children to immediately clarify his opinion when there is even a whisper of anything remotely dodgy no matter how tenuous the connection - which he did.

It would be crazy for any Minister to allow themselves to be put on the back foot by the crazies. They'd be spending all day every day refuting allegations of the 'have you stopped beating your wife yet' type.

It would be crazy for any Minister to allow themselves to be put on the back foot by the crazies. They'd be spending all day every day refuting allegations of the 'have you stopped beating your wife yet' type.

yeah i accept that. But if there was even a hint of tenuous evidence that a minister thought someone who condoned wife beating was a "legend" then i think that minister would need to clarify their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it behoves the minister for children to immediately clarify his opinion when there is even a whisper of anything remotely dodgy no matter how tenuous the connection - which he did.

He clarified feck all and called anyone who was a slightly bit concerned homophobic. He has no concerns about Tatchell or his views.

Screenshot-20200712-201831.jpg

• Advertisement

He clarified feck all and called anyone who was a slightly bit concerned homophobic. He has no concerns about Tatchell or his views.

Screenshot-20200712-201831.jpg
    wha? he says right there that the views PT expressed are abhorrent to him..

Advertisement