Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can downloading a zip file open a web page

Options
  • 07-07-2020 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Can downloading a zip file open a web page without the person downloading actually opening the zip file itself. How does this work?

Its OK its when you click the download button it calls the ad. I thought it was somewthing in the file

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It could do. Personally I usually find it easier to select a zip file and open in new tab, which'll open and close a page while the file is downloading. I do it like that, so I can stay where I am on the current page and sometimes selecting to download something can take you away from it.

Some free software sites, may push an add too, in an effort to generate revenue from your traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

Mighn't even be a zip file, could just have the extension changed.

Advertisement