Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Those rates are subject to a 26% discount after. Not sure there is a better rate but perhaps I missed it. I check with bonkers and switcher regularly but not the individual companies.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I saw an offer earlier in Curry's from SSE for a €300 one4all voucher when you sign up. Unfortunately I didn't get a good look at the terms and conditions

I wonder what the cancellation policy on that is like. I imagine they wouldn't let you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and keep the card

So you'd probably be stuck with the CRU supplier switch limit, which is like 6 weeks or something as I recall

So if you switched away from SSE you'd be liable for the €50 cancellation fee, plus however much extra you'd pay over the cheapest plan

But even if it cost you €100 extra all told, you'd still be up €200 overall with the gift card

Something to think about...

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So Energia are telling me that they DO NOT fix unit prices for the duration, only the discount % like the others do.

I've seen a few people here and on Facebook say that Energia have fixed their rate, and they have this in writing.

Has something changed? Are Energia making sure they don't get stuck with a load of people on cheap rates while the market explodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I was always told the same, discount stays the same but the price can vary because the unit cost increases

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'm on a fixed unit rate. Unkel for one was/or is too. Many more in here are/were also.

I have no idea have their terms and conditions changed since I started my year contract in January.

From confirmation email

"For customers on Fixed contracts, unit rates will remain fixed for the duration of your contract from the date that Energia is listed as your supplier. Standing charges may vary. After one year you will revert to Energia standard rates"

Just did the sums and I'm still paying the same unit price I was in January.

21.26c day rate excl VAT

6.12c night rate excl VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I just signed up to their d/n EV tariff at the start of August so I have no idea if it's fixed at 27/8c

When I talked to them over the phone they said it was NOT fixed so 🤷‍♂️

Your confirmation email should say if it is or not

Just checked and I don't see a reference to fixed unit rates in their T&Cs anymore. Maybe that ship has sailed..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

I have had an Energia account since 2021 with D/N meter.

In 2021/2, the then EV plan was a FIXED UNIT price. In 2022, it became a FIXED DISCOUNT rate.

I ended up taking the "Home Electric" account with fixed 41% discount (now reduced to 27% for new accounts) and €140 welcome credit in April 2022 which beat the EV plan in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Says fixed in the welcome email (% discounts are wrong as they only apply the extra 4% once you set up the online account)

So maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

fyi.. from Energia retention team..

---

Thank you for your enquiry. As of yet we have no price increases on the horizon , as you are aware with the current market these may change but we have no information to clarify any increases.

Sales & Retention Team

---

how far is their 'horizon' I wonder!? 🤔

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bingo...

It's only for day/night meters and only for the EV plan I believe.

Same email as I had.

It's say fixed unit prices, so you might be quids in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't suppose any companies will revise their FIT in the light of the massive price increases. It may have factored in to the slightly higher rates by some of the late comers.. Thinking out loud, domestic solar pv is still a very small part of the customer base for these companies.

From a regulatory perspective, a minimum % of the current unit rate would have been far more decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

True, or link it to the average wholesale price of electricity for the last 30 days - although that could be problematic for suppliers to implement into their billing systems. Ideally have a common rate across all the suppliers. As a developer myself, it wouldn't have been too hard - but considering the lax blase-faire attitude that we've seen from the suppliers in even announcing the FIT pricing (it was supposed to originally happen in July 2021) I'm happy that we have "something" done at this stage as it's been coming since 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

As far as i can see there are no companies out niw offering fixed tarrifs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Switched back from SSE Airtricity to Energia EV plan, will have to pay the €50 penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Energia EV tariff.

Good man.

I also suggested this to family, my dad just got solar installed and he found out he had a backwards running (ie net metering) meter so he's defending that one!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What is the story with Energia EV tariff. Surely a massive loss leader for them at this stage?

Have they hedged that far in advance that they can offer the fixed tariff? Or is there some sort of green agenda (green mortgage rate etc) that it suits them to offer this tariff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I've been noticing the discount reducing on the standard tariff for a while now, but no change on the ev tariff.

When it does change (for new customers/renewals) it changes silently.

Eg from the 14c/4c to 20/5 and now the 27/8, I think there was a step in-between too. Discount stays at 31%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm pretty sure the terms changed around March, I was up for renewal in May and nothing I could then find said the rate was fixed

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Both emails in Aug 2021 and Aug 2022 are the same as this.

This is what I got when I signed up to energias normal day night in 2020

I actually got a 36% discount not 15.. was later clarified in a later email

Someone got a fixed unit rate this week. A few posts above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Their fixed rate is only for DN meters, very annoying.

So Im with Energia, based on the number I am supposed to be getting a 41% discount but my rate is 0.39c day rate and 0.19c night.

Based on that moving to the EV plan is a no brainer or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

woah, possibly you're being overcharged, I'm on their 41% plan as well but on Day 23.46 and Night 11.25 incl. VAT.

but will be moving to their EV D\N plan soon to get the 8c night rate (fixed rate for 1 yr)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Can you show me where i can see that rate ?

Anyone can apply for a D/N meter free of charge.

• Advertisement

Advertisement