Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Been on the energia website and the rates are there for sure on the ev plan but I can’t see where it says the rates are fixed for 1 year.

they have fixed cost such as standing charge and pso but I can’t see where it says the unit cost is Definitely fixed.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Thanks

These are the renal rates I got before

Contract Renewal Details and Terms

Standard Unit Rate

Total Discount

Unit Rate after Discount

Description

Exc. VAT

Inc. VAT

%

Exc. VAT

Inc. VAT

kWh (Day)

€0.3081

€0.3497

40%

€0.1849

€0.2099

kWh (Night)

€0.1478

€0.1678

40%

€0.0887

€0.1007

kWh (Day)

price per unit over 3000kWh

€0.3415

€0.3876

40%

€0.2049

€0.2326

kWh (Night)

price per unit over 2000kWh

€0.1664

€0.1889

40%

€0.0998

€0.1133

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

They might have forgotten to apply your discount, they did the same to me with the first bill and then I had to email them

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Was with Energia and switched to the EV plan at the start of the month. Have D/N meter and prices are fixed for the 12months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

yep, can confirm as well, just renewed to their EV plan and the D\N unit RATES are fixed for 1yr. also, no low usage surcharge on the standing charge (377.10 rural).

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Another Energia defector, just switched.

Well worth paying the exit fee. And confirmed again by Energia, rate (not just discounts) is fixed for the term.

Interesting question though, do SSE still pay me the deemed rate for the period I was with them?

would expect so since they were your provider when the legislation and the Feb. effective date came into effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Punchin A Keyboard

Was looking at the Energia site, how in the hell is a smart meter plan 140 yoyos more expensive than a d/n plan.

Now it seems all the providers have price discrimination against smart meters except ei, they just get you on the standing charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Well - as people know I'm a lazy sod when it comes to switching. Never did see the point of chasing a few cents here and there when one provider with the cheaper rates is offset with their higher standing charges or "joining bonuses" etc from another. If ever there was a segment of market which needed a bit of regulation to "cop on" ...... the pricing models they employ would get my vote.

That said, those Energia prices seem too good to be true. €0.079/cents a unit when you have a big'ish battery is a no-brainer. Really! It's seems wrong lads! I actually feel "dirty" for swapping (LOL) but like you Phil.....I'm gone from SSE -> Energia as of 10 mins ago.

I can't see them keeping it at €0.079/unit. I know .... I know, i read the thing too! Fixed for a year, but they have to be operating that at a loss if so as it's lower than the wholesale price of electricity!? Dunno.

As for will they (SSE) pay me what they owe me for the "estimated export" , I would assume so as they are contracted to, but even if they didn't....the swap will more than make up for it in 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

SSE replied to me on twitter, confirmed that they will pay as planned for the period that I was with them, so 14c at deemed rate from Feb to today.

Then Energia for 18c at deemed rate going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Thank you to everyone for the comments on the detailed pricing on Energia EV plan and that it is a FIXED UNIT price for 12 months. I have just managed to switch from my existing Energia plan to the EV plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Time to move before my cooling off period ends and jump out of the SSE Smart plan to this magical EV plan (even though I don't own a EV or have a zappi!)

the Energia EV plan is only for Day\Night meters afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I've just moved over to Energia too. Thanks all. First move in nearly three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Yeah realised that again soon after posting.

Still looking at switching to their normal home/smart plan. After looking at SSE's price hike happening soon, here's the before and after of their day, night, peak rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why do some people not move at least every year? When the discount is finished you will pay at least €400-500 more for an average household. For just about 10 minutes of work. Seriously? I'd rather keep that myself than give to a utility company making billions of profit.

Laziness mate .... least it was for me. That and the fact that the last time when I moved they screwed up the account shutdown when I moved out of the old place I lived in and for weeks in my new property I was getting threatening letters that I hadn't paid up (which I had). Literally a f'ing ball ache to get sorted and it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Well that's my history of it anyway but SSE has been one of the better places over the last 2-3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

My current 24 hour duel fuel plan with Energia is up in a few weeks so looking for alternative options. I currently have a smart meter so the option to swap out for day/night is out of the question as I will be utilizing the FIT.

The best rate I can see for my system (7.2KW panels and 10KW batteries) appears to be the EV plan from Bord Gais. The standing charge for electricity is on the very high side €418 per year but I use a lot of gas in winter for heating and should be able to avoid peak electricity rates by filing the batteries on the 6c EV rate between 2am and 5am.

Is anyone else on this rate or have any thoughts?

Just bear in mind that you have only 3 hrs to grab as much as you can for your batteries. (2am-5am), Will you be able to fill it in that time?

Hey BD that's what I do not know so was hoping for other posters experience before thinking about switching. They are 2 X 5KW Puredrive batteries. I think in theory 3 hours should be plenty to fill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Ok I think I made a boo boo with numbers.

The numbers I gave are without a discount

So in fact I am paying

0.2346 day rate

0.1125 night rate

So the new rate would push up my day rate but reduce my night rate, at the moment of course I use more night rate but going into winter I would expect the day rate to push up dramtically

Depends on your inverter, but it should just about be able to do that in 3 hours if it can charge at 60-65A

I have the Solis 5G 6KW hybrid similar to a lot of folks here.

Yes it is supposed to do 100A but only does that for a little while then throttles to 60A or so. Which is still ok, you will fill your 10kWh battery in 3 hours.

A lot of us have bigger batteries, many 20kWh (myself included). No way in filling that in such a small slot unless you start using parallel battery inverters

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭E30M3

Anyone with Different Provider than EI care to confirm or refute?

DrPhil did above in this very thread (message #941)

For me I don't switch provider but I switch plans. So far Energia keep coming out cheapest and after a phone call and some brief negotiation they renew my discount at the cheapest rate and I stick with them

Were you renewing or did you switch in the middle of an existing plan? I'm debating changing plan and I wonder if there's any way to dodge the €50 break contract fee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Guys,

I don't have a smart meter (thank god) and getting that form filled in to register the PV currently.

Does anyone have a table/comparison of the "estimate" FIT across the different providers?

Thanks,

Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Changed from Energia's Home Electric mid contract to Energia's EV plan yesterday and no break fee charged. Energia said they would not charge if just changing plan.

Advertisement