Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Anyone know when SSE might start paying FIT? They've definitely not done so on my bill of 3rd Oct. They have previously sent me emails showing that I'm registered for microgeneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Same exact scenario for me. I have no communication from my provider - but i can assume they will not pay me FIT on the original install date.

It took a lot of chasing by me to get confirmation from ESB that they DID recieve the new form (resent by my supplier) - and when i asked ESB about install date - they said they put the date of when they recieved the form - not the actual install date. That seems nonsensical to me - as they would always recieve an NC6 AFTER the actual install date.

Its not clear to me how often that ESB contact providers about FIT... is it monthly? yearly? There doesnt seem to be a way to verify (i have tried with EI) that im now on the FIT payment schedule...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

I see on my latest sse bill that they say the fit will be paid twice yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭phester28

Received this from the tech department during the year:

As discussed, the straightforward way of knowing when you are exporting is to use the Voltage & Phase current indications located on the bottom left hand side of the display. The L1 indicates that voltage of greater than 160VAC is present and the arrow indicate the current flow direction. The arrow is visible on loads greater than 2.3W. See examples below of the indication in both import and export states.

The total kWh exported can be found in the A- register located with 7 pushes of the LHS push button

Here are the commands to interact with the interface.

Date/Time Display

Press the left pushbutton to select the time/date screen. The first screen shows the time, the second screen shows the date. The screens alternate every 5 seconds.

A+ Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the A+ display. This is the total reading.

This is the reading required by all MCC01 customers.

A+ T1 Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the T1 display. This is the night reading.

The T1 indication will flash between T1 and A+ in the upper right corner while showing this reading.

A+ T2 Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the T2 display. This is the day reading.

The T2 indication will flash between T2 and A+ in the upper right corner while showing this reading.

A+ T3 Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the T3 display. This is the peak reading.

The T3 indication will flash between T3 and A+ in the upper right corner while showing this reading.

LCD Test Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the LCD screen test display. All segments of the LCD screen now flash

A + Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the A- display. This is the total active energy export register

R+ Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the R+ display. This is the total reactive energy imported.

R- Screen

Press the left pushbutton again to select the R- display. This is the total reactive energy exported.As discussed, the straightforward way of knowing when you are exporting is to use the Voltage & Phase current indications located on the bottom left hand side of the display. The L1 indicates that voltage of greater than 160VAC is present and the arrow indicate the current flow direction. The arrow is visible on loads greater than 2.3W. See examples below of the indication in both import and export states.

The total kWh exported can be found in the A- register located with 7 pushes of the LHS push button

Press the left pushbutton again to select the R- display. This is the total reactive energy exported.

And this is the link to the Kamstrup Omnipower meter which the Smart metering project are installing.

Data sheet for OMIPOWER meter. (Please note :ESB is using the ST version of the meter)

https://products.kamstrup.com/download.php?uid=5162b47e9a3ff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Am I the only one shocked that ESBN have a tech department? 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭steamdave

When I contacted EI asking whether they had received my NC6 form from ESB they told me that they were sent over in batches and not necessarily in date order or on a regular time interval. How's that for efficiency!

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

Assume the export data is sent monthly as they mention now monthly payment. I received it last month from pinergy and just waiting on this months bill in next few days to confirm septembers payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

still no CEG credit on my latest Energia bill (Aug-Sept) 🤨, anyone with Energia get it yet?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I received my energia bill via email. No mention of any FIT.

What a joke

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They have said Autumn 22 is payment date, no one paid so far (that has posted here...)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

The wait goes on I suppose!

we could en-masse email our beloved competent CRU and request that they give their buddies in the industry a kick, though likely to be wink & nod.

What's the email? Cc your local TD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭con747

At least you lads don't have to wait until next March like Bord Gais are pulling. 🙄

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

because CRU is toothless and they're giving them the✌️

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭simpsimp

Almost out of contract - is there a table somewhere with a list of the FIT rate for each electricity provider? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

So interesting case. I recently moved from SSE to Energia to take advantage of that €0.078 night rate fixed for 12 months. Naturally I'm on a D/N meter. Anyway, true to form, and the reason why I never swap providers is that there is always some screw up and it involves me spending 90 minutes on the phone trying to sort it out. Can't understand why this isn't a smooth transactio, but no, time and time again. It's the usual fare....

"Dear customer, you may not be aware but your SSE Airtricity Final Invoice is Overdue. Please contact us on 014806419 to discuss payment options, REF XXXXX"

I've always been on direct debit, so I dunno wtf they are on about and they "closed" the account in Sept, but apparently there is €107 owed on Gas. I queried this as it's summer, and no heating, but eventually just paid the thing. I've got other things to worry about. Pretty sure it's wrong though. So any "savings" generated moving to Energia probably erroded. <sigh> It's always the same with these folk. it's nonsense.

The main point I wanted to share though is that I asked, "Ohh so what about the deemed export which is due to me from Feb to start of Sept - that should be paid right?" Lots of shuffing around, but apparently no. The guy (who was helpful to be fair) was reading of the blurb that ESB networks gave them, and it basically said that even though I was on a DN meter, was never offered a smart meter, I never refused one......I would not be eligible for a deemed export payment. Naturally I went .... WTF?!

If I wanted, they would however lodge a record with ESB networks on my behalf and get them to put me on the priority list to be migrated (told them where to go).....but the long and the short of it, is that it would seem that the deemed export is a bit of a myth.

I lodged a formal complaint with them, and basically hung up in disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The guy (who was helpful to be fair) was reading of the blurb that ESB networks gave them, and it basically said that even though I was on a DN meter, was never offered a smart meter, I never refused one......I would not be eligible for a deemed export paymen

Did you check that you have a valid NC6 with ESB Networks? It sounds like something has fallen through the cracks and you are not registered rather than deemed export being a myth.

If you have a valid NC6 then you are entitled to the money... by law!

Whether you think its worth pursuing them for that few euro is another matter entirely.

Another possibility is that the guy on the phone hasn't a clue what he's talking about, which also wouldn't be surprising and you may get the payment without doing anything.

I argued that very same point KCross. Lad was having none of it. Again, he was reading from a blurb given to them by ESB networks, and he read it out to me word-for-word and what he said to me on the phone......he was implementing the policy as described.

My response was that, "ok, I get all that.....but someone has simply made a mistake here - that's not how deemed export is supposed to work". I never refused a smart meter while with SSE, and irrespective of what i do now with my new provider (get a smart meter or not), SSE should be liable for the time I was with them. Apparently not he was saying. He put me on hold and "checked with the other team" .... which for all I know he went and made a cup of coffee down at the tea station, but no.

Be curious to hear of what others are also getting as feedback as there were a few others like DrPhil who did the same as me.

Aside: Ohh yeah, I'll be chasing that one. €150 quid (or whatever it is) isn't a huge amount of money, but it's the principle of it. FIT is there for a reason. It needs to be implemented.

• Advertisement

What's the email address for confirming NC6 form was registered with ESB networks? It's been on the forums, but I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Network Services Bureau (ESB Networks) <networkservicesbureau@esb.ie>

What did he read out to you?

Did he say no one is getting deemed export or was he specifically talking about your account?

I can't remember the exact wording - but the gist of it was saying that you can only get demeed export if you haven't refused a meter (i haven't) and you would only get the deemed export from the time that you installed (or feb - whichever was later) and that you would only get deemed export to the time that you installed your smart meter.

Since I was saying no to the smart meter now (even though I've left SSE) .... therefore I was not eligible for deemed export. It's crazy logic. Had I not moved provider, I would be probably be paid the deemed export this month or next. You can see my annoyance and why I generally don't move providers as they always manage to screw you somehow.

I argued that SSE has nothing to do with my current or future smart meter status. This is payments due from Feb -> Late august early sept, but "computer says no" apparently.

Not sure who to lodge a complaint with, CRU?

I can't remember the exact wording - but the gist of it was saying that you can only get demeed export if you haven't refused a meter (i haven't) and you would only get the deemed export from the time that you installed (or feb - whichever was later) and that you would only get deemed export to the time that you installed your smart meter.

All that is 100% correct.

Since I was saying no to the smart meter now (even though I've left SSE) .... therefore I was not eligible for deemed export.

But I thought they didn't offer you a smart meter and so you hadn't refused one? You have a d/n meter so technically they cant even offer you a smart meter... the same as the rest of us on d/n meters.

The more you are saying the more I'd say the guy on the phone hasn't a clue. I'd hang in there and wait a few weeks and see if it sorts itself out with a credit. If nothing happens (quite possible) then you start opening complaints.

Phone back, speak to someone else, see how that goes, easier than launching into protracted complaints...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

After numerous emails, I finally got a reply from EI.I left them at the start of September, so I expect I will get payment by some other means.

"You will automatically receive your first credits on your last electricity bill in December, after that will continue to receive credits on every bill. 

The export rate is 14c per kilowatt, your first payment will be backdated as far back till the 15th of February 2022, or the date your NC6 form was submitted if that was later "

Kind regards,

Niamh 

Electric Ireland

But I thought they didn't offer you a smart meter and so you hadn't refused one? You have a d/n meter so technically they cant even offer you a smart meter... the same as the rest of us on d/n meters.

Correct. I was never offered one nor did i refuse one. Closed my account with them in early Sept and moved to Energia. The (screwed up) logic that they seem to be apply goes along the lines....

SSE: So we can put you on the priorty list to get a smart meter.

Me: No thank you. (You are no longer my supplier by the way)

SSE: So you're refusing the smart meter, ergo not deemed eligible for deemed export.

Be interested in hearing how you got on DrPhil, as I beleive you also moved from SSE -> Engergia same week. If you managed to get a deemed export then I can use that as a "case study" from them. Don't need account details or anything, just to know that it's possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@bullit_dodger - "Be interested in hearing how you got on DrPhil, as I beleive you also moved from SSE -> Engergia same week. "

Same here. Hard to believe I was only paying 4.78c / kWh back 7 months ago. But I think we got a very good deal switching over and getting the 7.9c / kWh fixed rate for the year from Energia in September

Advertisement