Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

People aren't "classing it as income".

It is income. Fact. Not open to interpretation.

Your opinion that it's like a discount is factually incorrect. Also not open to interpretation.

You're dancing around in circles talking about subjective opinion and good faith purely to disguise the fact that you're intending to evade tax. I don't see the point.

99.99% of us in here ignored the planning laws when we put up our solar panels. We didn't try to claim that in our opinions and interpretations of the law, we weren't actually evading planning regs! We just said it was so minor and unlikely to be pursued that we didn't give a sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ok, well I'll settle for the last line of your post in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's income, and taxable. People can choose to pay it or not, the latter at their own risk.

I definitely wouldn't be admitting not to pay it on a public forum. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'll pay as soon as the self employed staff at my friends tattoo studio declare their €60-70/hr. I'm joking, my deemed FIT will be a whopping €78 for the year.

Are Revenue going after the people who got bikes on the bike to work scheme when they're not cycling to work? Or people who used someone else's scheme to get a bike? Or the people buying wheels and not an actual bike? Should probably go after them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Is anybody here on pinergy? I've signed up due to the 25 cent FIT and low EV rate. Their billing system doesn't appeal to me but prepared to put up with it. Somebody was saying I'm Facebook that they will only get the feed in tariff at end of 24 month contract! They are hundreds of euro in credit but still getting charged 27 a month. At they start you've to pay a high rate of 250 or 300 a month based on estimated usage, and this is reduced then based on actual issue. They are saying pinergy don't factor in the FIT into their billing amount. I have emailed them this evening to get the details in writing, but looking for other experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

SSE sent me out a cheque for my fit during the week. Left them in October so wasn't holding out much hope of getting anything but sure enough the cheque arrived. No breakdown of how many units I was paid for or what rate I got as I know SSE had two fit rates last year but seems to be a little more than I had calculated from my own tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I left them (SSE) in Sept.

Despite having a heated argument last Oct with a middle level manager on the phone that I'd have to apply for smart meter to get paid the deemed export -even though I'd left them-.....I also got a cheque off them on Friday, amounting to €192. Like many here, I'm on a D/N meter. I was forceful (but polite) when I said that their policy made absolutely zero sense - that my current smart meter status now that I'd left SSE had absolutely ZERO to do with SSE, as they were no longer my supplier. The lad was adamant that in order to get paid the deemed export (backdated with them) I had to get one in or they would not pay me. He seemed like a nice enough lad tbf, but yeah, complete nonsense.

I'd given up on it. Written it off as not "worth the hassle" (I've better things to do).... so nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It's mental that suppliers are saying people aren't entitled to backdated FIT because they got a day/night meter at a later date, they're making it up as they go along and they need to be fined by a regulator for this nonsense.

I'm going to finally call Electric Ireland as it's been two months since they started rolling out FIT payments and I haven't heard anything. I left them in October so I'm assuming I'm at the bottom of the list but I'm sure they'll say I'm not entitled because I got a day/night meter in August but they owe me 6 months of actual measured FIT and 2 months of deemed FIT.

There was days in the Summer where we were generating 6-7kWh/day and neither of us work from home, there should be a decent payment there compared to the 1.2kWh/day deemed FIT we get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

have you confirmed with ESB that your NC6 was submitted? That cought me out. Email in the FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Got the email from Energia this morning that I was registered for the microgeneration scheme. Pretty efficient considering the installers hadn't even arrived yet 😂

I asked them ddi they fill in the NC6 form on the way up and the electricians just looked at each other and shrugged. Probably someone in the head office did it in advance

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Thanks for the help guys. ESB confirmed my microgeneration is now registered. Emailed Electric Ireland, waiting for a reply now from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Bord Gais have my export data up on account now. It's in the download section. As they're a shower of cnuts anything else I export this year will be liable for taxes.

My installer has supposedly submit my new NC6 now. Thankfully I wasn't set as deemed export or I would get paid out based on a 1kW MEC rather than 6kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Taxes are due as income is incurred, not as income is paid.

Atrribute the amounts to last year that were earned last year, regardless of when paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Duine_Eigin

I finally got my FIT payment from Energia. I hadn't received anything from them before now so it was backdated to Feb 2022. I know some people got payments but were later told there was an issue with the information that ESB were supplying Energia. Looks like that might be cleared up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

i was wondering that alright. EI paid in a lump sum for FIT earned over the past year and if it’s a sunny year the FIT could prove quite lucrative this year. Need to setup an excel sheet for keeping track of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

How were you notified from Energia of the FIT payment? I've heard nothing from them and NC6 was confirmed by ESB as submitted in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Duine_Eigin

I just saw the credit listed as 'Export Units' on my bill. I got an email from Energia a few months back saying I was eligible for the scheme but I heard nothing since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

We received a bill on 15 February from Energia with a one line addition- Export Units 771.29 at €0.18 per unit €138.83 CR. No indication of which period this covers. We had our 12 panel, 4.8kW array installed on 9 May and the total “Fed to grid” is showing up on the app as 1,960kWh. I’m surprised Energia haven’t indicated clearly the period that this Export Unit payment covers. I’m going to get on to them to query it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Anyone with EI? Would they be displaying the exports on their website under account management? Or will it also just be a one liner in the bill? Wondering what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I am. First payment in January. I had to resubmit NC6 as it was "lost" so my payment starts 6 days after ESB confirmed.

Looks like this on bill:

Microgen Credit 09/09/22 - 02/12/22 416 kWh @ €-0.2100 87.36 cr

Microgen Credit 03/12/22 - 18/01/23 230 kWh @ €-0.2100 48.30 cr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭con747

I can't see it anywhere on mine, maybe because I just received a bill the other day and it will be on the next one. Or I might be blind and looking in the wrong place!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you are not on a smart meter you are getting a deemed export figure.

That is based on your inverter size.

The calculation is buried in this thread somewhere.

The export period is from your nc6 was submitted or Feb 2022. Whatever is later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Nothing like that on mine at the minute in the same section as you posted.

Does it show you registered for Microgen? I think you have to sign up with them as well as having your NC6 submitted.

https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/microgeneration

No nothing like that, I'll spend an hour on hold tomorrow and see what the reason is. I'm sure I signed up but can't be certain.

Yep, tried the link and it just brings me to the same as I was on earlier in the account. I tried a couple of browsers and the mobile but the same result. I know the NC6 was received because they confirmed it so I'll have to wait and ring them.

It would appear after an hour of talking to an idiot it's because I have not requested a smart meter off ESBN. I would imagine Bord Gais are going to use that to avoid paying certain people. I don't really care due to the old backwards meter, so will be getting full credit for export if any.

I just don't know why it's up to the customer to chase something ESBN were notified about with the NC6 and are aware of who has what meters. I will be leaving it there for now but will get a sudden dose of covid if ESBN turn up with a meter anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah I was on the phone to them a few days ago after getting solar panels and they mentioned there was an issue with the data that they only corrected recently

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement